Sponsored

Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation!

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, unfortunately the shipping costs to Europe are very high.:no:
Thank you for your response :like:

I was thinking more of a small discount on the price of the product, so the total (shipping and customs fees and taxes) would be less horrible.
My order is already made and the package is on its way, since you used USPS, there is no traking after leaving the USA, unlike FedEx or UPS, so I don't know where my package is :(
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I am finding this install to be more frustrating than disconnecting the secure gateway module for Tazer. I’m going to take a break and come back to it. The brackets that slide into the hood will just not cooperate. Looks simple in the video, but not so much in real life...

The metal plate is wider than the opening. Am I meant to use brute force?

EA78755D-98B0-4F4F-84D6-C49E5AB9514F.png

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@OldGuyNewJeep

Stop.... hold up.... you are only inserting the small, aluminum color piece in the hole... tilt it a bit... manuever it into the hole.. It easily goes in. Loosen the single bolt up just a bit... don't loosen to much in fear of losing the alum. color piece in the slot hole.
Jeep Wrangler JL Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation! Capture.JPG

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@OldGuyNewJeep

Stop.... hold up.... you are only inserting the small, aluminum color piece in the hole... tilt it a bit... manuever it into the hole.. It easily goes in. Loosen the single bolt up just a bit... don't loosen to much in fear of losing the alum. color piece in the slot hole.
Jeep Wrangler JL Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation! Capture.JPG
Yep, that’s what I’m doing. Admittedly, I decided to do this on an empty stomach after a long day. I’m going to revisit it tomorrow. It’s probably going to go right in, then...

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@OldGuyNewJeep

Yep, that’s what I’m doing. Admittedly, I decided to do this on an empty stomach after a long day. I’m going to revisit it tomorrow. It’s probably going to go right in, then...
@Rhinebeck01 I got them installed. I *should* have waited until tomorrow, but after a bite to eat I decided to try once more.

Maybe I’m the odd-man-out, but these things went in much, much easier by removing the top bolt and, instead, partially threading the bottom one.

Anyway, at least it’s a one time frustration unlike removing the Tazer for warranty work and recalls.

So now that they’re installed, I love them! Should come like this from the factory. Money well spent.

Oh, and good call on the thread locker. I did the same. Tip: finger tighten one bolt and use a small screwdriver to line up the other hole. Apply locker, thread, and then tighten. Now remove the finger tight bolt and apply thread locker, thread, and tighten.

“Tight is tight, and too tight is broken” 100% applies to this setup... you gorillas out there have been warned.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Rhinebeck01 I got them installed. I *should* have waited until tomorrow, but after a bite to eat I decided to try once more.

Maybe I’m the odd-man-out, but these things went in much, much easier by removing the top bolt and, instead, partially threading the bottom one.

Anyway, at least it’s a one time frustration unlike removing the Tazer for warranty work and recalls.

So now that they’re installed, I love them! Should come like this from the factory. Money well spent.

Oh, and good call on the thread locker. I did the same. Tip: finger tighten one bolt and use a small screwdriver to line up the other hole. Apply locker, thread, and then tighten. Now remove the finger tight bolt and apply thread locker, thread, and tighten.

“Tight is tight, and too tight is broken” 100% applies to this setup... you gorillas out there have been warned.
Well, glad you got-er done. As you saw on your second encounter, after eating...... the install was easily done... especially, with a full stomach, and after you personalized your install game plan.

Anyway, YES, a terrific addition to the JL. Wouldn't it be nice to see JL's and JT's leave the factory with a hood lift system on them...

You are going to "love" them more and more each day.... every time you lift the hood on your JL, you will say.......... geeez, this Redline Tuning, hood lift system is terrific.

Jitzy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Occupation
Retired Police, Now Certified Custom Club Fitter

Yeah I installed mine and love them but I think one of the bolts on the passenger side stripped a little. Overall I really like them a lot.

edit: reached out to Redline and they are getting me a new piece out Monday morning. I just want guys to know not to do like I did and over tighten them but it’s nice to know a company stands behind their product.

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@OldGuyNewJeep

Forgot to mention...

In regard to the factory hood prop. You can remove that fuggly thing, easily...and put it in the shed... 8-)

Just unbolt the hood prop and the little yellow plastic prop grabber, can be easily popped right off/removed without damage to it or hood, using a pry tool...

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I finally received my kit (USPS international shipping is very, very slow compared to FedEx or UPS speed level!), in short.

I assembled my kit today.

Be careful, on Wrangler with 2.2 Diesel engine (Europe and Australia version) there is a "trick" (I don't know if it's two cables or two thin tubes) that goes through (driver side) just at the point where you have to place the part with only one screw. It's ok, but you have to pass this "cable/tube" just below the "ball" where the shock is fixed (the side with the little red part for a quick disconnection).

Sponsored

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I finally received my kit (USPS international shipping is very, very slow compared to FedEx or UPS speed level!), in short.

I assembled my kit today.

Be careful, on Wrangler with 2.2 Diesel engine (Europe and Australia version) there is a "trick" (I don't know if it's two cables or two thin tubes) that goes through (driver side) just at the point where you have to place the part with only one screw. It's ok, but you have to pass this "cable/tube" just below the "ball" where the shock is fixed (the side with the little red part for a quick disconnection).
Can you share some pictures?

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As soon as possible I put here a picture of the concerned area :like:

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
@OldGuyNewJeep

Yep, done that and you'll never get the aluminum cover once it falls into the hood. I had to order another one which I believe came as an entire bracket for around $30.

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Yep, done that and you'll never get the aluminum cover once it falls into the hood. I had to order another one which I believe came as an entire bracket for around $30.
The Steel hood inserts are available for purchase individually here: JL Hood insert

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase