Sponsored

Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation!

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
I just installed Redline stainless steel hood struts. Work smooth, look good.
Easy to install, one 10mm socket. Shipped fast, actually came with detailed color paper instructions. Oh yeah and a sticker too. Hate hood props.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Rhinebeck01 Cool.. thanks for the tips!

Forgot to mention.... In regard to the stock hood prop. ---- The yellow plastic piece that grabs the stock hood prop/secures the hood prop, when not in use, is removable and without doing damage to it. or the JL. Just pry it out/ off slowly, carefully. It resists a tad but will pop right out.

Engine compartment looks so much better without that hood prop. No need for it after installing the Redline Tuning Struts.....

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
Forgot to mention.... In regard to the stock hood prop. ---- The yellow plastic piece that grabs the stock hood prop/secures the hood prop, when not in use, is removable and without doing damage to it. or the JL. Just pry it out/ off slowly, carefully. It resists a tad but will pop right out.

Engine compartment looks so much better without that hood prop. No need for it after installing the Redline Tuning Struts.....
Good to know.. thanks! Might as well. I'll try it this weekend. I've been under the hood 15-20 times since I got these struts and they work perfectly!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Indeed, the Redline Tuning 21-20003-02 Hood QuickLIFT PLUS Bolt-in System. Such a terrific add and so so worth the $99.95.

I have had mine on my JL for a full year now. They work great... Sure wish I had a set of these struts on the past JK's, I have owned.

With most aftermarket add-on's, I find fault in some regard.. either to expensive, poor quality, chinzie hardware, hard to install, they fail after a few months, didn't know why I bought them after having for a few months, did not work as advertised, etc... Well, I have absolutely nothing to say negative in regard to this offering. Geeeeez, I made a good move, buying and installing this hood lift offering...

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
With most aftermarket add-on's, I find fault in some regard.. either to expensive, poor quality, chinzie hardware, hard to install, they fail after a few months, didn't know why I bought them after having for a few months, did not work as advertised, etc... Well, I have absolutely nothing to say negative in regard to this offering. Geeeeez, I made a good move, buying and installing this hood lift offering...
Your statement right here is exactly why I hesitate on what to put mods on . After all the vehicle just decreases in value to everyone else but is loved by the community of Jeep's. So after following this thread and some self debating I think this is something that will be value vested + I feel every time i need to use the prop I'm gonna snap the clip and this should make my engine bay more accessible with the oil changes and Preventative Maintenance inspections. Got mine on order and will arrive Thursday. Ill post pictures once done.

Thanks to all you forum members!

Sponsored

bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini, F250, Forester, 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I just put mine on. The little brackets for the hood are ingenious--but fiddly for people like me with hobbit fingers. So, it ended up taking more than five minutes, but I had a big smile when I was done. I love the elegant engineering.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I wish we had torque values for the little bolts, I'm dangerous when I can't use a torque wrench
Yep. The little silver backing plates can bend if you are not careful. Don't ask me how I know. :)

I used some blue threadlocker and just "snugged down" the fasteners.

Sponsored

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, we are doing free shipping in the CON. U.S. on all JL and Gladiator systems using coupon code "JL Wrangler forum" at checkout.
But nothing for non-US members :(

... I ordered anyway (my package should arrive in a few days) thanks to the positive opinions of the members here. And in spite of the much higher price because of the added costs (shipping and customs)

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
@Redline Tuning I just placed an order based on @Rhinebeck01 ’s review. Maybe you need to send him a sales bonus for this quarter.

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
But nothing for non-US members :(

... I ordered anyway (my package should arrive in a few days) thanks to the positive opinions of the members here. And in spite of the much higher price because of the added costs (shipping and customs)
Yes, unfortunately the shipping costs to Europe are very high.:no: