Sponsored

Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation!

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Redline Tuning is pleased to be a sponsor on the JL Wrangler forums and want to showcase our 100% Bolt-In Hood QuickLIFT system for the Jeep JK, JL and Gladiator.

RT-Jeep-Layout2b.jpg

Our Quick release end fittings allow you to dis-connect the lower strut mount for full access to your engine.

RT-QR-Layout.jpg

QuickLIFT PLUS features:
* All black powder-coated mounting hardware
* Black e-coated gas springs
* 4 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20003-02.htm

QuickLIFT ELITE features:
* All black powder-coated mounting hardware
* 316L Stainless Steel gas springs
* 5 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20003-03.htm

Free shipping in the CON. U.S. on all JL and Gladiator systems using coupon code "JL Wrangler forum" at checkout.

You can watch the video below to see how easy our installation is, the only tool required is a 10mm socket:

To see how the system functions and how easily you can release the gas springs to lean your hood back on the windshield please watch the video below:

Redline Tuning has been developing our Hood QuickLIFT systems for over 20 years and have applications for over 350 unique vehicles, check out our website for your vehicle application.

Please contact us for any questions.
Looks fantastic guys but I'm a bit paranoid about the safety of the pop-on style attachment/detachment points of the gas struts. Some of us have steel hoods (export) and don't want that to eventually slip off and land on our heads.

Since you only need to pop them off if you're leaning the hood back on the windshield and since that's not the most common thing we do, why not have at least some kind of retaining clip for peace of mind?

Also are these compatible and rated for export steel hoods? And eventually it would be good to be able to replace with aftermarket struts when time comes.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Snip:
why not have at least some kind of retaining clip for peace of mind?
@rubileon

I don't get this question. The Quick Releases on the Redline Tuning struts, have a red lever that you physically have to move to release the strut. As you are pushing the red leve, firmly, you have to physically pull the ball out of the Quick Release. With that said, no retaining clip is needed....

Can tell you... I have been running the Redline Tuning struts for thousands of miles and many months. I open the hood probably daily ... maybe a few times daily. Can tell you the struts aren't just going to pop off on their own...

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Curious about the use case for daily hood opening? :)

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Does quantity "ONE" purchase, equal both struts for right and left side?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Snip:

@rubileon

I don't get this question. The Quick Releases on the Redline Tuning struts, have a red lever that you physically have to move to release the strut. As you are pushing the red leve, firmly, you have to physically pull the ball out of the Quick Release. With that said, no retaining clip is needed....

Can tell you... I have been running the Redline Tuning struts for thousands of miles and many months. I open the hood probably daily ... maybe a few times daily. Can tell you the struts aren't just going to pop off on their own...
Not talking in the scale of months. The part that worries me is the part where you have to "physically pull the ball out" as you said also. These things become lose over time. A retainer is essential.

If the factory part fails and crushes a mechanic and they decide to sue, FCA can't hide because they're a big company. If this thing fails, I don't want to be in the crossfire... multi-way legal battles aren't the daily routine they are in US, elsewhere.

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
It does have a retainer if I'm understanding what your asking. The red lever "opens the retainer" allowing for the strut to be pulled off. It can not come off with the red lever in the closed position and if I remember correctly the lever is spring loaded so you must continue putting pressure on the lever to be able to pull the strut off.

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Not talking in the scale of months. The part that worries me is the part where you have to "physically pull the ball out" as you said also. These things become lose over time. A retainer is essential.
Our Quick release end fitting has the same metal C-clip retainer as our regular end fitting that is the industry standard. The red plastic lever is only there for the quick release function and doesn't affect the durability of the C-clip.

72-00008-2.jpg

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Curious about the use case for daily hood opening? :)
We cycle test our gas springs for 50,000 applies so if you open your hood 5 times a day that's 27 years. ;)

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
Caveat: I read somewhere that one of the brand, Oil Catch Cans for the JL interferes with the Redline Tuning strut install on the drivers side of the JL.......So Redline Tuning struts are thus a no go with that particular Oil Catch Can.... Again, I read it.... I cannot verify this to be true.

I think it may be the Mishimoto Oil Catch Can.
I guess I'll find out. I have a Mishimoto Oil Catch Can too - just haven't put it on yet because I don't actually have my Jeep. Hoping to pick it up any day now... just waiting for a truck to pick it up from the railyard and deliver it to my dealer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Also are these compatible and rated for export steel hoods? And eventually it would be good to be able to replace with aftermarket struts when time comes.
Does anyone know the difference in weight of the US market hood to the export steel hoods? We have replacement gas springs available directly on our website.

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
Caveat: I read somewhere that one of the brand, Oil Catch Cans for the JL interferes with the Redline Tuning strut install on the drivers side of the JL.......So Redline Tuning struts are thus a no go with that particular Oil Catch Can.... Again, I read it.... I cannot verify this to be true.

I think it may be the Mishimoto Oil Catch Can.
Just to follow up: I can confirm that these don't interfere with the Mishimoto Oil Catch Can. I finally picked up my new Jeep this last Friday, July 3 :like: I ordered these Redline gas struts on Friday and received them in the mail today. I have to say the gas struts are excellent so far! Easy to install and fast shipping!

20200707_185812.jpg

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant

If the factory part fails and crushes a mechanic and they decide to sue, FCA can't hide because they're a big company. If this thing fails, I don't want to be in the crossfire... multi-way legal battles aren't the daily routine they are in US, elsewhere.
I doubt that they would both fail at the same time. Many hoods use struts.

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Just to follow up: I can confirm that these don't interfere with the Mishimoto Oil Catch Can. I finally picked up my new Jeep this last Friday, July 3 :like: I ordered these Redline gas struts on Friday and received them in the mail today. I have to say the gas struts are excellent so far! Easy to install and fast shipping!

Jeep Wrangler JL Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation! 20200707_185812
Thanks for the update Jeremy. Do you mind if we use your picture on our website to show compatibility with the oil separator?