Sponsored

Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@SwissSteph

I'm sure @Redline Tuning will appreciate your providing the pics.

Hard to tell by the pictures, but it seems the quick disconnect rides just above that black cable/hose or whatever it is, and the quick disconnect does not rub on the black cable/hose?

So, does it rub? Slight rub would be no issue.... and it looks like it may not be rubbing ?

Can't see where Redline Tuning can do or needs to do any bracket changes, in regard to this.

Looks like you are good to go.... you sure are going to enjoy your Redline Tuning hood lift..
Sponsored

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure that "RedLine" doesn't need to make any changes (impossible and useless anyway).

I have no idea what this "cable/tube" is for, and since it's installed, with the addition of the black adhesive tape stuck on the end of the body (also visible on my pictures), it really looks like a last minute DIY from Jeep (and the so-called "engineer") ... and it's 100% original.

The more I look into the details of my car, the more I regret the "well thought out" side of my YJ ... although the comfort of my JL is very much appreciated. The legend of the Jeep is really not in 2020.

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I'm sure that "RedLine" doesn't need to make any changes (impossible and useless anyway).

I have no idea what this "cable/tube" is for, and since it's installed, with the addition of the black adhesive tape stuck on the end of the body (also visible on my pictures), it really looks like a last minute DIY from Jeep (and the so-called "engineer") ... and it's 100% original.

The more I look into the details of my car, the more I regret the "well thought out" side of my YJ ... although the comfort of my JL is very much appreciated. The legend of the Jeep is really not in 2020.
Hello Stephan, thank you for the detailed pictures. As you mentioned the wire does look like a late addition for some sensor we do not have in the United States (Pedestrian safety maybe?). It does look like there is plenty of clearance to run the wire as you have under our fender bracket with no adverse affect.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Stupid question... does one have to use Loctite (I presume blue) on the bolts?

Sponsored

Sponsored

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
Not much is required, 12-15 ft/lbs.
I dunno about 12 ft-lbs... I tightened the bolts in the upper brackets (into the zinc plated steel back plate) up to half of that and was afraid to go any more :)

I did use blue loctite as @Rhinebeck01 originally suggested.

these are really nice by the way, I bought the fancy ones because I'm old and deserve fancy things before I die. they look well made. hopefully the little c clips hold up over time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I dunno about 12 ft-lbs... I tightened the bolts in the upper brackets (into the aluminum back plate) up to half of that and was afraid to go any more :)
BTW, the backplates for the hood bracket assemblies are zinc plated steel.:muscle:

AlrightAlready

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. Couple Ducs
After "winning" a crappy set of hood struts from a different vendor a while back on here and it arriving in less than poor condition with the worst engineering ever and deciding against installing, I am looking forward to receiving this set. Simple brackets and quick disconnects, thank you for keeping it simple and effective.

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
After "winning" a crappy set of hood struts from a different vendor a while back on here and it arriving in less than poor condition with the worst engineering ever and deciding against installing, I am looking forward to receiving this set. Simple brackets and quick disconnects, thank you for keeping it simple and effective.
Clark,
Your order is shipping out today and we look forward to your feedback once it arrives. :like:
Sponsored