Sponsored

Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation!

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Just to be clear, these are lift struts, not shock absorbers. No shock to absorb.
Yes, that's right. It's my English that's bad, sorry. I know well how this type of part works
Sponsored

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,

Thank you Andreas for your reply here and for your (private) message, I have sent you the requested information. I remain at your disposal if you need further information. :like:

Night

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Ordered a set of the elite hood struts for my 2023 JLUR XR. Shipping was fast and they work great. Only issue I had was the backing plate for the hood mounts is stamped. That's not necessarily a bad thing except for the fact that the stamping machine left the backing plates slightly mushroomed. This prevented them from fitting into the hood slots. Measured the slots and bars with my calipers and the slots were 10.52mm wide. The bars varried between 10.56mm and 10.58mm wide. A little file work to remove the mushroom edge and they fit right in.

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Ordered a set of the elite hood struts for my 2023 JLUR XR. Shipping was fast and they work great. Only issue I had was the backing plate for the hood mounts is stamped. That's not necessarily a bad thing except for the fact that the stamping machine left the backing plates slightly mushroomed. This prevented them from fitting into the hood slots. Measured the slots and bars with my calipers and the slots were 10.52mm wide. The bars varried between 10.56mm and 10.58mm wide. A little file work to remove the mushroom edge and they fit right in.
Thank you for the feedback. Just an installation hint, if you angle the backing plate slightly when inserting into the hood slot, it will go in much easier. :like:
Jeep Wrangler JL Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation! DSC04357.JPG

Night

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Thank you for the feedback. Just an installation hint, if you angle the backing plate slightly when inserting into the hood slot, it will go in much easier. :like:
Jeep Wrangler JL Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation! DSC04357.JPG

Thanks for the hint! I tried every bit of wiggling and shimmy and angles but the flared portion from the stamping process was inhibiting the insertion.

The only thing I did was knock that flare down a bit closer to flush with the other edge, and I was able to slide it in as your picture shows.

I would still recommend these to anyone looking for hood struts!

Sponsored

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone,

After a little more than two years where I installed the kit for my Jeep, in Europe version, that is to say with a heavier hood than the one you have. My feedback is the following and not very positive, I specify that I do not often open my hood.

I am disappointed, because if at the beginning my hood was able (with a little help from the hand) to go up by itself and then the shock absorbers hold the weight (well once I received the right ones, because they did not have the model for my hood while I had ordered the right number), Now after a little more than two years, it is excluded to have any help from these shock absorbers to push the hood in open position, so very far from the result I had in August 2020, they ONLY maintain the hood open, that's all.

I doubt that this result is normal after a little more than two years of installation (and I don't see how I could do a bad installation).

If I compare with this same type of shock absorbers on any car of any brand that are put on originally, they work many, many years after I bought the car.

The only good thing now is that I don't have this "original rod/bar" (I don't know how to write it in English, sorry) to put on to hold the hood open.

So I don't know what to think about it, if you have any opinion or idea I'm interested, thanks.
Hello everyone,

Here is my feedback regarding my problem explained.

Following my message here, I contacted Andreas (from Redline Tuning) who answered me immediately and after the requested information, he sent me a replacement kit, in 5 days the package was at my place (Europe) and I realized the assembly immediately, my hood is now mounted again well as before.

In short, two problems with the kit and twice "Redline Tuning" reacted immediately and sent replacement parts.

This is rare enough that I have to report it, bravo and thank you!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Hello everyone,

Here is my feedback regarding my problem explained.

Following my message here, I contacted Andreas (from Redline Tuning) who answered me immediately and after the requested information, he sent me a replacement kit, in 5 days the package was at my place (Europe) and I realized the assembly immediately, my hood is now mounted again well as before.

In short, two problems with the kit and twice "Redline Tuning" reacted immediately and sent replacement parts.

This is rare enough that I have to report it, bravo and thank you!
@SwissSteph

Good to hear all is aok with your hood lift..

Thanks, for taking the time and coming back with this follow-up post.

Yup, indeed @Redline Tuning is there 110% for the guy/gal that buys and installs their terrific offering.
Too bad not all aftermarket vendors are not like Redline Tuning.

StartedWith97TJ

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD Rubicon w/ SOT
I installed these on my 2021 JLURD last night. They really are terrific. I blasted them with a little bed liner spray before installing the hardware, and I really like the look. It is a bit strange (at first) having to push the hood closed, but absolutely worth it.

When installing the brackets on your hood, take a second and remove the rubber seal (next to the hole) before installing the hardware. The rubber seal has a little hole that is stretched over a plastic clip that is pushed into the hole in your hood. Simply wiggle the rubber seal off the clip, then pull the clip out with a set of pliers. Do the hardware install, then reinstall the clip and seal. I suggest installing the clip into the seal first, then simply clipping it back into place. This will keep you from damaging your clips and/or seals, and will make it easier to slide the hardware into place.

Keep Jeep’n

pmarold21

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon (Gobi)
Does anyone know if there are any issues with the JL version for install on the Rubicon 4xe? I know it sounds stupid but I’ve already found a number of 4xe nuances and thought I’d ask before ordering. Thx.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Does anyone know if there are any issues with the JL version for install on the 4xe? I know it sounds stupid but I’ve already found a number of 4xe nuances and thought I’d ask before ordering. Thx.
There are NO issues installing our Hood QuickLIFT system on the 4xe. The only difference is that you need to reroute one wire (shown in the manual).

Jeep Wrangler JL Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation! Jeep 4xe

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early this AM .... For a couple of locals, I installed 2 sets of the Redline Tuning Hood Struts. The install of them is so easy..

Each time I handle a set / do the install of these , I think to myself.... geeeez, this is a terrific, quality offering and well worth the few $ Redline Tuning is selling them for...

For those that have not installed a set, do give this offering a thought... consider adding to your JL.

@Redline Tuning is offering free shipping in the CON. U.S. on all JL and Gladiator systems using coupon code "JL Wrangler forum" at checkout.

@Redline Tuning Thanks for your terrific offering and for being a Forum Sponsor!

You can not find a better or easier to install hood lift offering for the JL/JT.

YES, the offering has quality quick disconnects, that allows you to disconnect the struts so you can lay the hood back against the windshield if/when desired.

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bump to a thread talking about one of the most useful add on's a guy or gal can add to their JL or JT.

A real pleaser the Redline Tuning Hood Struts are... Well worth the $....

Redline Tuning is offering free shipping in the CON. U.S. on all JL and Gladiator systems using coupon code "JL Wrangler forum" at checkout. @

@Redline Tuning Thanks for your terrific offering and for being a Forum Sponsor!

You can not find a better or easier to install hood lift offering for the JL/JT.

YES, the offering has quality quick disconnects, that allows you to disconnect the struts so you can lay the hood back against the windshield if/when desired.

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR
Bump to a thread talking about one of the most useful add on's a guy or gal can add to their JL or JT.

A real pleaser the Redline Tuning Hood Struts are... Well worth the $....

Redline Tuning is offering free shipping in the CON. U.S. on all JL and Gladiator systems using coupon code "JL Wrangler forum" at checkout. @

@Redline Tuning - I’m on my second JL where I’ve purchased the Redline Hood struts… this time on my 392 and yes I purchased the correct model. Unfortunately in this set, one of my 2 backing plates that tuck into the hood has stripped threads for receiving the bolts. I have contacted the email address provided by Redline Tuning about my issue and have received no response. No issues on my prior JL install. Please advise how I can obtain a replacement backing plate and thank you.
Sponsored