Sponsored

Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation!

NULL POINTER

First Name
Carmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, '19 VetteZ06 7spdVert,
Occupation
Old Fart
Bump to a thread talking about one of the most useful add on's a guy or gal can add to their JL or JT.

A real pleaser the Redline Tuning Hood Struts are... Well worth the $.

You can not find a better or easier to install hood lift offering for the JL/JT.

YES, the offering has quality quick disconnects, that allows you to disconnect the struts so you can lay the hood back against the windshield if/when desired.

@Redline Tuning Thanks for your terrific offering and for your being a Forum Sponsor!
What is the difference between plus and elite besides $20? (apologies if asked before)
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
What is the difference between plus and elite besides $20? (apologies if asked before)
@NULL POINTER

They are the exact same strut.... but in stainless, the offering is priced a tad bit higher.

Terrific offering the Redline Tuning Struts are!!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I already promised my wife I wouldn’t spend anymore money…
@1BadManVan

Tell her you have been a very very good boy.... and to let you spend a few more $ ......

Mention to her that the Redline Tuning Hood Lift offering has QUICK-RELEASE - Rod ends ...... the quick-release feature is terrific..... the quick-release rod ends allow you to quickly and easily disconnect the struts and lay the hood all the back against the windshield.

Sponsored

1BadManVan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara/2018 Durango R/T
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
@1BadManVan

Tell her you have been a very very good boy.... and to let you spend a few more $ ......

Mention to her that the Redline Tuning Hood Lift offering has QUICK-RELEASE - Rod ends ...... the quick-release feature is terrific..... the quick-release rod ends allow you to quickly and easily disconnect the struts and lay the hood all the back against the windshield.
Oh I have an even better reason for her lol. First time she tried to open the hood and get the prop in, she was too short and it slipped, the propped scratched her grill just after it got back from being ceramic coated lol

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
QuickLIFT PLUS
Black Gas Springs, Black mounting hardware, 4 year warranty

Jeep Wrangler JL Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation! Jeep PLUS

QuickLIFT ELITE
Stainless Steel Gas Springs, Black mounting hardware, 5 year warranty

Jeep Wrangler JL Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation! Jeep ELITE

They both function identically, the difference is the material of the gas spring and the warranty.

NULL POINTER

First Name
Carmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, '19 VetteZ06 7spdVert,
Occupation
Old Fart
QuickLIFT PLUS
Black Gas Springs, Black mounting hardware, 4 year warranty

Jeep PLUS.jpg

QuickLIFT ELITE
Stainless Steel Gas Springs, Black mounting hardware, 5 year warranty

Jeep ELITE.jpg

They both function identically, the difference is the material of the gas spring and the warranty.
Thanks @Redline Tuning @Rhinebeck01 @Wolfy
Fast shipping, well packed, forum free shipping to lower 48 still works, deed is done.
Took me longer than it should have until I removed the fastener that holds the hood seal in place.
After removing the fastener with a tool like @Wolfy linked to, everything went quickly and well. Last step was to push the fastener back in.
Might go back and add some blue thread locker if I find things loosening up.
I will leave the hood rod in place for now.

They work very smoothly and I am very pleased with the product. The disconnects work well if I want to put the hood back all the way.

I highly recommend this product to anyone on the fence about hood struts.
Jeep Wrangler JL Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation! 20220528_194234
Jeep Wrangler JL Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation! 20220528_194251
Jeep Wrangler JL Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation! 20220528_194207

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, we are doing free shipping in the CON. U.S. on all JL and Gladiator systems using coupon code "JL Wrangler forum" at checkout.
For those that are going to purchase this terrific offering, do take advantage of the free shipping by using the coupon code mentioned.

Sponsored

RubiCoug

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392. Was '20 Rubicon, '17 Rubicon
As I am selling my Wrangler for a 392, I removed the struts. On one side of the hood, that little zinc bracket slide into the crevice of the hood edge toward the windshield.

Any ideas how to retrieve it short of removing the hood?

Into the abyss it went.... a choice f-bomb when the screw just came off a little too much.

Gravytheclown

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Willys
I cant remember but are the brackets aluminum or steel? If steel Try a strong magnet and see if you can walk it back up to the hole.

Gravy

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As I am selling my Wrangler for a 392, I removed the struts. On one side of the hood, that little zinc bracket slide into the crevice of the hood edge toward the windshield.

Into the abyss it went.... a choice f-bomb when the screw just came off a little too much.
@RubiCoug

Good luck..... retrieving that.. don't both trying.

You aren't the first that did that deed.. and then dropped the F bomb..

Redline Turning will sell you a replacement part. It will cost you little..

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon

Sorry to hear that happen. They are steel so you can probably fish it up using a strong magnet. Otherwise replacement are available here:

https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/38-00041.htm
Jeep Wrangler JL Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation! Screenshot 2022-06-01 090720

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I'm thinking about buying some of these but just installed this coupler underneath the hood. Would this keep the hood struts from closing the hood?

Jeep Wrangler JL Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation! Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 6.41.44 AM
Sponsored