Sponsored

Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Bump to a thread talking about one of the most useful add on's a guy or gal can add to their JL or JT.

A real pleaser the Redline Tuning Hood Struts are... Well worth the $....

@Redline Tuning Thanks for your terrific offering and for being a Forum Sponsor!

You can not find a better or easier to install hood lift offering for the JL/JT.

YES, the offering has quality quick disconnects, that allows you to disconnect the struts so you can lay the hood back against the windshield if/when desired.

KCSgtMaj

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY24 Rubicon Unlimited, 3.6L
Occupation
Retired Marine, Master Plumber
I suppose the first time the hood drops on my fingers I would be wondering why I didn’t get the hood props.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I suppose the first time the hood drops on my fingers I would be wondering why I didn’t get the hood props.
Yes, they can help prevent head, finger, shoulder, wrist injuries, etc., that result from a hood prop not doing it's job on a windy day or if you say don't place the prop rod in it's retaining hole properly ... and the hood inadvertently/unexpectedly drops.

I do firmly believe that once you experience hood lift struts on any vehicle, that you will forever more, want quality hood lift struts on any vehicle you own. I'm very confident that most guys/gals will agree with me.

Forum Sponsor @Redline Tuning is well known in the Automotive circle
(Redline Tuning has a stellar reputation) in regard to their top notch offering... Their hood lift offerings are superior to all other such offerings out there...

Whether you have a Toyota, Ford, Chevrolet, Jeep, you name it, Redline Tuning's Hood Struts are absolutely, without question, the pick of the litter in regard to hood lift struts.

Terrific they are! Made in the USA. Redline Tuning has been in business over 20 yrs. Top notch Customer Service / Quality offerings!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I forgot to mention..

Redline Tuning, instead of a forum discount offers forum members, free shipping with in the CON. U.S. on all JL and Gladiator systems... Use coupon code JL Wrangler forum at checkout.

Order at their website:
https://www.redlinetuning.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=2018+jeep

Disclaimer: I'm sure guys/gals hearing me go on and on about the Redline Tuning offering think I am a paid promoter of Redline Tuning.... but I am not.

I'm just a Redline Tuning fanboy that knows just how terrific the Redline Tuning offering is. Yes, the offering is that good and well well worth every $ you pay for it.

Sponsored

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
Yah, the Redline Tuning struts on my 392 work great. I did have a blowout on one strut and they promptly sent a replacement after I contacted them. I would have spent the money to buy the single replacement strut. I also use their struts on my JTR.
A nice to have mod if you open your hood often.

Voodooridr

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU WILLYS
FYI, when you use the free shipping code you have to go back to the shipping box and check free shipping or it leaves the shipping fees on the total
Lesson learned

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
I was at the dealer a while back talking with the gentleman who sold me my Wrangler. I popped the hood to show him something and he said "wow, where'd you get those? I've never seen that before..." pointing to my silver Redline hood struts. Mine were installed at Heart O' the Hills campground in Olympic National Park with one wrench - and took less than 1 beer, too. Can't say enough good about them.
Jeep Wrangler JL Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation! IMG_4671

go2uae

First Name
Ahmed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 3.6 2022
Redline Tuning is pleased to be a sponsor on the JL Wrangler forums and want to showcase our 100% Bolt-In Hood QuickLIFT system for the Jeep JK, JL and Gladiator.

Jeep Wrangler JL Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation! IMG_4671

Our Quick release end fittings allow you to dis-connect the lower strut mount for full access to your engine.

QuickLIFT PLUS features:
* All black powder-coated mounting hardware
* Black e-coated gas springs
* 4 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20003-02.htm

QuickLIFT ELITE features:
* All black powder-coated mounting hardware
* 316L Stainless Steel gas springs
* 5 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20003-03.htm

Free shipping in the CON. U.S. on all JL and Gladiator systems using coupon code "JL Wrangler forum" at checkout.

You can watch the video below to see how easy our installation is, the only tool required is a 10mm socket:

To see how the system functions and how easily you can release the gas springs to lean your hood back on the windshield please watch the video below:

Redline Tuning has been developing our Hood QuickLIFT systems for over 20 years and have applications for over 350 unique vehicles, check out our website for your vehicle application.

Please contact us for any questions.
i have them on my jl 2 door perfect

hk392

First Name
Hani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler rubicon 392
I installed the kit for 392 JLUR, however I am not happy with what I end up with.
1- the ÉCU bracket has to be cut beyond what was in the instruction. I stopped going further as I am concerned I reach a point of no return and ruin the integrity of the bracket. I got to where it touches but very lightly.
2- the struts are either too long or too strong, as the hood would be pushed forward when closed and be out of alignment with the front grill, and the latches would be squeezed so need to force them to close which could jeopardise their function on the long run, and finally the gap between the rear end of the hood and the A pillar cowls is too large and unsightly.

Ended up removing them and can’t return as the strut has been scuffed because it touched the bracket.
Has anyone experienced the same especially in point 2.

Sponsored

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Great mod that I appreciate every single time I open the hood.
I have another set sitting on a shelf waiting for the Mustang to get out of storage.

STW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR 2door 2.0T Rubicon stingrey
I really love having the RedLine hood lift struts.
Couple years after installing RedLine, the hood still quickly pops up without me having to think about it or wait. Once the side-latches are undone, I just tap the under-hood hook to the side and the hood goes right up.

Most of the time when I raise the hood on a Jeep, I'm either in a hurry and maybe worried, motor's overheating or something. Or I'm in mid-project and intent on what I'm doing under the hood, and don't want to mess with a process to lift the hood.

As I write this, it sounds dumb to complain about lifting the hood and placing a strut in place to hold it. Some people probably don't mind at all, and I'm generally a patient man. But the fiddly-ness of the stock setup gets old quick. Takes both hands/arms, one to lift the hood and hold it up while the other hand locates and detaches the strut, then has to find the receptacle. This was annoying on my TJ too, and I always ignored that strut and walked the hood back and laid it on the front window frame. The small dent made over the years didn't bother me as much as messing with the stock strut. The JLR is taller than the TJ at the hood when closed, and the hood makes an arc that is high enough to be stopped by my low garage ceiling where park the JLR. I like the RedLine struts better than laying the hood back anyway.

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the kit for 392 JLUR, however I am not happy with what I end up with.
1- the ÉCU bracket has to be cut beyond what was in the instruction. I stopped going further as I am concerned I reach a point of no return and ruin the integrity of the bracket. I got to where it touches but very lightly.
2- the struts are either too long or too strong, as the hood would be pushed forward when closed and be out of alignment with the front grill, and the latches would be squeezed so need to force them to close which could jeopardise their function on the long run, and finally the gap between the rear end of the hood and the A pillar cowls is too large and unsightly.

Ended up removing them and can’t return as the strut has been scuffed because it touched the bracket.
Has anyone experienced the same especially in point 2.
Contact the manufacturer directly - they're very quick and efficient at solving even the smallest problem!
It's very rare to get this kind of help and response to a problem. They're perfect!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Contact the manufacturer directly - they're very quick and efficient at solving even the smallest problem!
It's very rare to get this kind of help and response to a problem. They're perfect!
+1. I recently made a warranty claim for replacement struts, as it concerned the deteriorating performance of the original struts that I purchased for my Jeep.

The claim was handled without delay, and I've nothing but praise for the customer service experience.
Sponsored