Sponsored

Reddit member spies JL rear rollbar

Fizzydg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
I haven't been following as closely as some of you. Are we able to tell if this is a Sport or Sahara?
Sponsored

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
These were the 2 things I noticed right away also. The soundbar looks like it has moved which should make tall guys and gals happy. On the other hand it looks like there's going to be a very big ledge when going topless. Even if the rest of the roof can be removed it is probably going to make a big difference in FEEL when driving.
If the soundbar moved back out of way of head when seat is well reclined, coupled with footwell around pedals being wider, I'll be very happy. If quick-remove powerless door option / soft door option from factory is there, I will be a very happy camper. Factory hyperlight pop up camper or factory stowable roof mount tent ⛺ is available happy camper will be even more literal :like:

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Even if the rest of the roof can be removed it is probably going to make a big difference in FEEL when driving.
Yeah, that change to the 'openess' one feels with the panels/top off is a big concern, and was my first thought/mention in the other thread when we first saw that big structure with the new clips.

Additionally my concern is the view of elevated traffic lights at intersections, being just over 6ft with the current roof line I often find myself ducking while waiting/checking for the changing of the lights from red to green. With the top down in summer sometimes I just lean back or pop my head up an inch to see over the bar. This new thicker structure has me very concerned about the view, and hopefully the change in the rake of the windshield and resulting reposition of leading edge, and possibly new seating position may solve this, but it could make it much worse.

That restricted view of the traffic lights causes me a lot of frustration and even concern if I'm entering an intersection behind a bus or semi after a long slow moving delay, where I'm trying to look ahead and not rear-end traffic, but also realize sometimes my view of the lights is obstructed.

Sure it's not like losing the removable top altogether, exchanging it for a sunroof panel solution, but it is a negative step in that direction IMO.

Hopefully it's not as intrusive as it seems.

Goin' Coastal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU wishes
It looks to me that the spare tire is lower or rear window is higher. Is Jeep addressing the poor rear visibility?

EDIT- Just saw the rear end thread and in those pix it does not look like the spare is lower.

RobNY

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ
Little by little they tease us lol. Before they always had the rear windows covered up but the higher ups must have given the green light to remove it. Now we just gotta get someone to catch this thing parked. Curious to see what the trunk space and rear seats are like.

Sponsored

JlT-Rex

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 CJ7

May have missed a post but does anyone see what I see....

One side is body color red rollbar, but through the window looking at the opposite rearend rollbar I see plastic covering the body red rollbar and upper seat belt and back on the near side see a red colored torque bolt of the upper seat belt.

Looks to me we will have plastic covered rollbar throughout complete interior and get body colored exterior...

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
May have missed a post but does anyone see what I see....

One side is body color red rollbar, but through the window looking at the opposite rearend rollbar I see plastic covering the body red rollbar and upper seat belt and back on the near side see a red colored torque bolt of the upper seat belt.

Looks to me we will have plastic covered rollbar throughout complete interior and get body colored exterior...
I don't think you can see the passenger side rear roll bar in these pics. It appears to be a shadow of the driver's side roll bar.

I do agree with you that the roll bar appears to be exposed on the outside surfaces but has a plastic liner facing the interior. This is apparent on the new 2 door pics showing the red A pillar roll bar near the front grab handle that is visible through the windshield.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Oh I'm sure I could come up with something that hasn't been revealed yet if I tried, I'll see what I can find :).
Well?

Eugene the Jeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU in black
The rollerbar looks exactly like the shape from the leaked image.

Jeep Wrangler JL Reddit member spies JL rear rollbar {filename}

Jeep Wrangler JL Reddit member spies JL rear rollbar {filename}

TxTravisty

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 OUTLANDER SPORT, 2008 BUICK ENCLAVE, 1933 CHEVY COUPE, 1968 MUSTANG
So are the JL's roll bars going to be exposed on the production models, without the JK style padded covering them?
The colored rendering of the leaked photo, looks like they may be covered by plastic?
Or maybe exposed color matched outer sides with the plastic liner on the inside?
Sponsored