• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Midnight2d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Rubicon
Nice spot! It looks like the rollbar is painted body colored on one side and black on the other. Also can see the crossmember bar. Does that look like two giant speakers to anyone? There's a lot going on in that area unless it's just part of the reflection.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
They look like they are also flat oval shaped instead of a complete circle, which would allow them to provide greater directed resistance at reduced weight.
Plus the rear seatbelt seems to be mounted to it in some sort of tracked assembly similar to the front ones. Now I gotta go out and check the current setup to get an idea of the implications of the difference.

The speaker bar seems a slight bit further back, and the speaker mesh seems to be more rectangular/oval than the current rounded triangle.

Again that front section where the roof attaches seems to be pretty thick, with visible centre clips and one side lever, I get the feeling we're gonna see about 6-8 inches of immovable solid metal & plastic there (with the windscreen still able to tilt forward, likely even easier than now, but with a big hunk of body/frame there that will ruin it for the beach folks who go fully open windshield down right now).

freegld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Finally! Pics that indicate that the overall design of the rollbars will be unchanged from the JK; just improved. The rollbar/roof was the last puzzle left. I think we can safely put to bed speculation that the skeleton of the roof won't be removable, and that only the window panels will come out. It wouldn't make sense for a rollbar AND and a roof skeleton.

After seeing this, unless price and aftermarket parts are the issues, there is NO REASON to buy a JK.

Aggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito!
Finally! Pics that indicate that the overall design of the rollbars will be unchanged from the JK; just improved. The rollbar/roof was the last puzzle left. I think we can safely put to bed speculation that the skeleton of the roof won't be removable, and that only the window panels will come out. It wouldn't make sense for a rollbar AND and a roof skeleton.

After seeing this, unless price and aftermarket parts are the issues, there is NO REASON to buy a JK.
The leaked official image already showed that the roof would be fully removable. But always good to see it in real life. Wonder if there's any chance we'll see a JL/JLU prototype with hardtop removed at some point before official reveal.

Jeep Wrangler JL Reddit member spies JL rear rollbar {filename}

Sponsored

Alvin R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Body color roll cage is a great addition. Probably will not be standard feature though...

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport

what if the rollbar variety is not the only option offered ?

What if the fixed roof, no rollbar, removable roof panels model is available as the cheaper entry level option ?

Also, the soundbar being further back would be welcome as when I have the seat adjusted so my long legs are comfortable in the JK, my head alwasy hits the soundbar.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Body color roll cage is a great addition. Probably will not be standard feature though...
Just watched a video on JK production which shows most of the roll cage is painted body color but not all of it. Why?

Also, does the roll cage at the B pillar extend all the way down to the floor in the JKU?

Do you think the roll cage at the A pillar extends to the floor on the JL? I'm guessing not. Probably just mounts to the firewall?

Last edited:

freegld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
The leaked official image already showed that the roof would be fully removable. But always good to see it in real life. Wonder if there's any chance we'll see a JL/JLU prototype with hardtop removed at some point before official reveal.

Jeep Wrangler JL Reddit member spies JL rear rollbar {filename}
I didn't put much stock in those "leaked" pics that look like they were microfilmed from the 80s.

I actually like the padding covers over the roll bars. In Florida, any color other than a white roll bar is too hot to come in contact with. I hope the padding is standard...I cringe at how much my desired JLU configuration is going to cost after I option everything out or get it aftermarket.

Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I wonder if they are doing away with the padded roll bar fabric and going with a plastic cover for the inside while exposing the outside of the rollbar.

AgingTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Wrangler, 04 SV 650
I wonder if they are doing away with the padded roll bar fabric and going with a plastic cover for the inside while exposing the outside of the rollbar.
I actually think it will, to my eyes it looks just like rollbar in the grainy leaked image and thus confirms it. In that case the tub and roll cage will be integrated together into one and I can't see them painting that component two separate colors.

That's what it looks like to me.

I also wonder if the sound bar will be integrated with the roll cage. That would allow them to add structure without extra bulk compared to a separate sound bar component. It doesn't look like it to me though but I'm having a hard time making it out from these pictures.

Raysrays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Dodge Charger
The speaker bar seems a slight bit further back, and the speaker mesh seems to be more rectangular/oval than the current rounded triangle.

Again that front section where the roof attaches seems to be pretty thick, with visible centre clips and one side lever, I get the feeling we're gonna see about 6-8 inches of immovable solid metal & plastic there (with the windscreen still able to tilt forward, likely even easier than now, but with a big hunk of body/frame there that will ruin it for the beach folks who go fully open windshield down right now).
These were the 2 things I noticed right away also. The soundbar looks like it has moved which should make tall guys and gals happy. On the other hand it looks like there's going to be a very big ledge when going topless. Even if the rest of the roof can be removed it is probably going to make a big difference in FEEL when driving.
Sponsored