First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Yea posted that copied message, got a notification that some of my stuff was suspended and to check notifications. No notifications in the queue. Went to post a response to another comment and it popped up suspended until December 4th šŸ˜‚. I hate Facebook

I got some of those handheld cobras so I will bring them if only for the lead and trail jeep. Think the group will be pretty small so shouldnā€™t be a big deal.
So what time are you thinking to start that day? Iā€™m ok with early.
Sponsored

OP
OP
XJfanatic

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Thinking around 8-9am. If I leave here at 5 I can be there right around 8. Not going to lie probably will have slight headache that morning šŸ˜‚

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Thinking around 8-9am. If I leave here at 5 I can be there right around 8. Not going to lie probably will have slight headache that morning šŸ˜‚
lol. I need to look and see when the gubā€™ment worker shows up to take our money.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Damn G-men ruin everything!
Iā€™ve been fortunate compared to others but when they would occasionally screw up my paycheckā€¦. hurry up and wait.

Sponsored

OP
OP
XJfanatic

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Yea I like talking crap but as being a in the military has been good for me and the family. When this 20 years is up trying to go for a second government retirement.

Any luck on the time? All I saw was dawn to dusk.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Yea I like talking crap but as being a in the military has been good for me and the family. When this 20 years is up trying to go for a second government retirement.

Any luck on the time? All I saw was dawn to dusk.
Jeep Wrangler JL Redbird, Interlake or Badlands July 5 564A21E7-3F7B-479C-9B06-A70B4ACD062D

Hereā€™s all I found. I think weā€™re good to go at those times.

I was an Army brat and Dad retired in ā€˜89. He is a 3 tour 130% rated Vietnam vet and I guess I get my critique both from his and my own personal military experiences. Same for my uncles. I was briefly Army Reserve 12B out of FT Knox and went IRR for hardship. Then went active duty Air Force intel in Aug ā€˜01 and they screwed up and didnā€™t make sure I was TS clearanced before heading to AFSC training. Sat in limbo for 3 months. Finally the Pentagon broke open books to see what to do with prior service sister service to reassign their specialty after they already were assigned to a previous AFSC. Big mess.

Then I had a motorcycle wreck and was medical boarded. Iā€™d had enough of a military experience and felt like I contributed enough to the air campaign over Iraq. Iā€™m thankful for the life it provided as a kid and briefly in my adulthood but I donā€™t regret changing gears.

Nothing wrong with getting GS rated and it should be a great gig.

OP
OP
XJfanatic

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Worse case if itā€™s not open at 8am we can roll and get some grub.

Yeah I am happy to still be in, I was a 21B got hurt and when it went back to 12B they said no permanent profiles. Now I am a duck hunter (air defense). Itā€™s been good to me. If I can do a second stint as GS and get 4 government checks in my retirement I will be ok with it šŸ˜‚

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Worse case if itā€™s not open at 8am we can roll and get some grub.

Yeah I am happy to still be in, I was a 21B got hurt and when it went back to 12B they said no permanent profiles. Now I am a duck hunter (air defense). Itā€™s been good to me. If I can do a second stint as GS and get 4 government checks in my retirement I will be ok with it šŸ˜‚
They offered staying in but I knew it would be a permanent career killing profile per Dad so I opted for medical discharge with a rating. I also didnā€™t want, at the time shady, VA saying that since I had a useable skill they wouldnā€™t give me a rating if things got worse. Things sound much better the last few years though as far as veteran treatment by VA.

Last edited:

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
3 going and 2 maybeā€™s so far.

Sponsored

OP
OP
XJfanatic

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Got a new tow strap for Fatherā€™s Day. Hopefully we donā€™t need to test it out

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
We have 6 so far!

So Iā€™m thinking we should stage at the trailhead gravel lot after paying at the gate.

Unless a rider with more experience recommends changing things up, we may want to make a tentative route to attempt to keep it time efficient. A place to pull off for lunch would be great too.

OP
OP
XJfanatic

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
We have 6 so far!

So Iā€™m thinking we should stage at the trailhead gravel lot after paying at the gate.

Unless a rider with more experience recommends changing things up, we may want to make a tentative route to attempt to keep it time efficient. A place to pull off for lunch would be great too.
Awesome! I am not real familiar with the place but can take a look at the map this week and put something together. Staging is definitely the way to do it, I will shoot you a PM with my number as well. Going to leave out of Indy at 5am. Figure with stopping to gas up prior to arrival I should be there right around 8am.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Awesome! I am not real familiar with the place but can take a look at the map this week and put something together. Staging is definitely the way to do it, I will shoot you a PM with my number as well. Going to leave out of Indy at 5am. Figure with stopping to gas up prior to arrival I should be there right around 8am.
Time zone just occurred to me too. Itā€™ll be 7 our time if I tell people 8 around here. Indy is Eastern still isnā€™t it?

As to the map, Iā€™m familiar with one loop that starts there in the gravel parking lot, west, north, then generally east and south back to the gravel lot. Iā€™m thinking of calling and asking about the NW edge of the park where you can see two blue loops that are just off green. Maybe others stop for lunch and the Blue riders hit one or both of those?

OP
OP
XJfanatic

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Do they require the orange marker flags at all? Didnā€™t see anything saying they did on the website.
Sponsored