Ryno77

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
I have a trip planned to Redbird. Has anyone that has been there verify if they had cell phone reception? (I have four kids and don’t want to be too far out of pocket). A Garmin inReach is in my future, but not quite yet.
Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I have a trip planned to Redbird. Has anyone that has been there verify if they had cell phone reception? (I have four kids and don’t want to be too far out of pocket). A Garmin inReach is in my future, but not quite yet.
I was there last year and I bounced in and out of reception. Not sure if they have improved upon this since then. I know that doesn't help much...

nap914

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler unlimited
I was there last year and I bounced in and out of reception. Not sure if they have improved upon this since then. I know that doesn't help much...
I’m thinking of going here also. I live in Pennsylvania and it seems unclear if I need to register my Jeep in Indiana to ride this trail.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I’m thinking of going here also. I live in Pennsylvania and it seems unclear if I need to register my Jeep in Indiana to ride this trail.
I think you are fine as it is a licensed road vehicle. You can call them at (812) 847-0146 and they'll tell you everything you need to know. It has been a long time since I've been there, but I think I also remember the signal being hit and miss, but not completely dead.

mniedbalski

First Name
Myles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Cell phone reception is in and out, can be a pain to get checked into badge of honor trails. You do not need to register your jeep, just show up, pay, and ride. I drive over there from Illinois frequently. Once you get your trail badges though, I see no reason to go back because you can go to Interlake Park in Indiana, which is twice as big as Red Bird and has better trails.

Sponsored

nap914

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler unlimited
Cell phone reception is in and out, can be a pain to get checked into badge of honor trails. You do not need to register your jeep, just show up, pay, and ride. I drive over there from Illinois frequently. Once you get your trail badges though, I see no reason to go back because you can go to Interlake Park in Indiana, which is twice as big as Red Bird and has better trails.
I was at Redbird this weekend. Great trails, no cell service. I did my check in after leaving the park and it worked. I didn’t get to Interlake this trip but will look for it next time.

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I was at Redbird this weekend. Great trails, no cell service. I did my check in after leaving the park and it worked. I didn’t get to Interlake this trip but will look for it next time.
Curious what the trails are like out there. The DNR website shows several easy/beginner trails. But the lowest difficulty in the Trails of Honor app is rated 4-5. Maybe the app isn't including the beginner trails or I am not getting the rating system? I am a beginner and while I am registered for one of the Jeep Adventure Academy courses (in Badlands here in Indiana) that's not until October. But I've been thinking of heading out to Redbird for a little fun with the family, but don't want to get myself into a bad spot thinking it is supposed to be easy and finding otherwise.

Oh, and it's a stock Sport S.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I have done Redbird. A general rule of advice for Redbird, do not go if it has rained recently.

There is a days worth of wheeling there. A lot of mud if it has rained...... A lot... of mud. If you go and it has not rained in a few weeks, will make the trails way easier.

nap914

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler unlimited
Curious what the trails are like out there. The DNR website shows several easy/beginner trails. But the lowest difficulty in the Trails of Honor app is rated 4-5. Maybe the app isn't including the beginner trails or I am not getting the rating system? I am a beginner and while I am registered for one of the Jeep Adventure Academy courses (in Badlands here in Indiana) that's not until October. But I've been thinking of heading out to Redbird for a little fun with the family, but don't want to get myself into a bad spot thinking it is supposed to be easy and finding otherwise.

Oh, and it's a stock Sport S.
I have a stock Willys and had zero trouble on trail 3. But the key is going when it’s dry. The trail system is all dirt and gets messy quick when it’s rained.

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
I want to head out there at some point. If anyone wants to try it out let me know I will check it out with you.

Where is this interlake?

Sponsored

nap914

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler unlimited
I want to head out there at some point. If anyone wants to try it out let me know I will check it out with you.

Where is this interlake?
It’s not BoH, but it’s near Lynnville or Boonville.

ScenicRoute

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Beer Finisher
i have pictures of my JKR up both axles in mud....the mud thing is no joke.. and it may be entertaining once or twice but ruins a trip if you cant get away from it (IMO). Then again, i pretty much hate mud.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Is Interlake a mudhole like Redbird?
Sponsored