Sponsored

Redarc, Fridge, AUX Battery, Monitor, Platform & More - In One Spot - JLUR

EU_Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JLUR 2.2 EcoDiesel
I ran everything through the firewall and along the floor to the back. There was more than enough room for 2 x 6 gauge battery cables and 2 x higher gauge wires to pass.
What is the best place to pass cables through the firewall? (passenger side)
Do you have any pictures?
Sponsored

OP
OP
SuMeRiaN

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
What is the best place to pass cables through the firewall? (passenger side)
Do you have any pictures?
You got it, in the video I linked to on removing panels he details this the best he can. It's not an easy spot to take a photo of. You will need to cut off a few of the plastic rivets, most of the online vendors sell replacements. I struggled a bit here but was eventually able to muscle through it. A few things I remember. The rubber gasket of sorts on each side is sealed, heavy duty and you are creating the holes. Consider something a little sharper to pierce each side than a blunt clothes hanger. I ended up using a piece of metal fish tape that I snipped to a point. The area the cables pass on the inside is visible, use this to gauge the location under the wheel well. I poked through the inside only gasket than with my finger was able to get a feel of the angle on the other side . Then from the under the fender fed the fish tape and started with the smallest wires.

I should also add I have see online many run from the wheel well into the frame to the rear.

Last edited:

99wishes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Moab
Great install. Do you know if the battery and the AAL battery holder will fit on the driver’s side closer to where you have the redarc? Haven’t ordered it yet but that is my hope.

OP
OP
SuMeRiaN

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
The AAL insert will only fit one way. The compartment for the battery is secured to the insert by rivets if I recall correctly. To answer your question I do not believe the battery can be relocated on the left side HOWEVER it can be moved left at least 6". You will need to drill your own holes and reattach the bracket either with rivets or by tapping the insert. On then forums I have seen a few people move the battery left 2-3" and mount the REDARC on the right side of the insert wall. I hope that helps!

Sponsored

OP
OP
SuMeRiaN

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Hi again @SuMeRiaN :)

I finally installed my AAL setup with the odyssey battery. Did you find a good ground point in the back of the JL to connect the negative terminal of the battery? Maybe behind the rear panels?

TIA!
Very nice! I love it. I ended up going out the bottom into a frame point around the hitch receiver and sealed the hole up w/ caulk.

OP
OP
SuMeRiaN

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Adding a picture of the Artec belly pan skid installed.

Jeep Wrangler JL Redarc, Fridge, AUX Battery, Monitor, Platform & More - In One Spot - JLUR Skid

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Photos here of the ARB compressor install, I had to drill holes in the SKY ONE top for the MORE bracket, betting I’m the first. I used this guide here, only wiring into the AUX battery and ignition always on. I bought the materials to place another switch next to the LED switch for on/off ignition for the compressor BUT I am not seeing enough power drawn to be concerned about it now.

Jeep Wrangler JL Redarc, Fridge, AUX Battery, Monitor, Platform & More - In One Spot - JLUR Skid

Right behind the compressor install I swapped out the OEM tailgate table for the Trailgater from Outback Adventures. Prior to this the tailgate would not close even with the OEM tailgate table removed. BUT with the removal of the OEM plastic trim, addition of a hole and some luck the I was finally able to get the tailgate to close. Its a tight fit!

How did you wire it so ignition is always on? Thank you! awesome build

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Most of the wiring in place including the ARB fridge plug.

Did you just connect the 4ga battery feed wire straight to the 8ga RedArc 8ga wires or did you put a fuse for that massive cable size change?

Sponsored

OP
OP
SuMeRiaN

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
There is a fuse, looks like my original wiring diagram link is dead. Here is how I wired it.
https://www.redarc.com.au/Content/Images/uploaded/Handy Hints/Dual Input Ultimate Dual Battery Setup.pdf
I understand you’d fuse at the vehicle battery. But I was wondering if you had a fuse where the 4awg wire connects to the smaller 8awg Redarc wire (the Red Redarc wire which is about 8in long). If there was a fuse at that joint, then there would be 2 fuses on the battery feed wire.

OP
OP
SuMeRiaN

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
I understand you’d fuse at the vehicle battery. But I was wondering if you had a fuse where the 4awg wire connects to the smaller 8awg Redarc wire (the Red Redarc wire which is about 8in long). If there was a fuse at that joint, then there would be 2 fuses on the battery feed wire.
I believe we are talking about the circled area, there is no fuse. This is a 4awg to a 6awg. i am no authority, I used the Redarc cable sizing guide.

A1AB1DAE-17C5-418D-A08A-B1D569CA6D93.jpeg

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
I believe we are talking about the circled area, there is no fuse. This is a 4awg to a 6awg. i am no authority, I used the Redarc cable sizing guide.

Jeep Wrangler JL Redarc, Fridge, AUX Battery, Monitor, Platform & More - In One Spot - JLUR A1AB1DAE-17C5-418D-A08A-B1D569CA6D93
Yes the circled area. I thought the redarc was 8awg. I couldn’t find the declared size in the manual and was going off Redarc tables, basically guessing.
Thanks for your input. I would have PM’d you but you had those turned off.

OP
OP
SuMeRiaN

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Yes the circled area. I thought the redarc was 8awg. I couldn’t find the declared size in the manual and was going off Redarc tables, basically guessing.
Thanks for your input. I would have PM’d you but you had those turned off.
I am not seeing seeing where PM’s turn off but I haven’t received any in awhile. I need to update this thread. FYI the Odyssey is a great battery, served us well bouncing around but when we slowed down it was deep cycled too many times. We replaced it with lithium. There is a step in the wiring to switch the Redarc to lithium.
Sponsored