Sponsored

Redarc 1225D - best ignition wire source at rear?

jbzonda

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Night Eagle
Hey guys,

Whilst i was researching a couple of months back i did find a thread that mentioned the wiper wiring diagram and that the red wire with green stripe to the rear wiper motor was an ideal source for the ignition trigger required for the Redarc 1225D. I cant find that thread now but wanted to double check that this is the case, as its the last wire i have to connect.
If not, any other reccommendations of which wire i should tap into for the ignition trigger?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Hey guys,

Whilst i was researching a couple of months back i did find a thread that mentioned the wiper wiring diagram and that the red wire with green stripe to the rear wiper motor was an ideal source for the ignition trigger required for the Redarc 1225D. I cant find that thread now but wanted to double check that this is the case, as its the last wire i have to connect.
If not, any other reccommendations of which wire i should tap into for the ignition trigger?

Thanks in advance.
If you look in your owners manual and find the fuse for the rear 12volt plug. The fuse box has two positions for the fuse that controls that. You can move the fuse from the battery bus to the accessory bus.

You can move the fuse to the accessory position and then tap in the hot wire for the 12volt plug.

OP
OP
jbzonda

jbzonda

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Night Eagle
f you look in your owners manual and find the fuse for the rear 12volt plug. The fuse box has two positions for the fuse that controls that. You can move the fuse from the battery bus to the accessory bus.
Great, i much prefer this setup. I assume moving the rear 12volt plug fuse to the the accessory bus means its only live when ignition is on?
Thanks very much.
Sponsored