2021 JLU RUBICON diesel - Sarge
Which color red did you choose?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Solaris13man

So, I gather you only did the fronts. How much did the fronts cost you?

Sponsored

Solaris13man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@Solaris13man

So, I gather you only did the fronts. How much did the fronts cost you?
I did, although I am getting the back ones done next month. After the discount they gave me and after $15 shipping it was $128 for the two belts. Add to that the cost of shipping the belts to them and the cost of the rental car so I didn’t have to drive without a seatbelt... Slow shipping was reasonable, but I paid extra to expedite it. They did get the belts shipped back within 24 hours of receiving them. Took about 3 days to get back to me after they shipped them.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Solaris13man Well, that really is not that bad... especially for a stand out mod that really is slick as chitttt.... slick as chittt even to this 69 yo guy. Enjoy!...

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Thanks, I do really enjoy them. I can’t wait to get the back ones done and then ride with top and doors off.
Darn!! You beat me to it! I had previously bought the red recon belts and added them to my JK because it was just so awesome. Plan was to do the same on the JL and use SafetyRestore to do it since there's no OEM red option for the JL obviously.

Just a couple tips/things I am doing differently. I didn't want to rent a car, deal with not having belts. I purchased 5 OEM black JL seatbelts that I am having Safety Restore refinish in ferrari red, this way my JL is never out of commission. Once finished, I'll have an extra black set I can sell here to hopefully someone looking to do the same thing and make their life a bit easier.

If anyone is looking to do the same, let me know I can provide the P/Ns for the seat belts. A few were on back order, but all 5 have now shipped and I should have them Monday to begin this project.

DOUBLE PRO TIP: to double up on @Solaris13man tip... if you make an account and leave the belts in your cart for 3 days, they send you a promo code. Seem's there's no need to do that as the promo code isn't unique to any person, just use 'RESTORE25' for 25% off... and EVEN BETTER, a quick google search turned up a second code, 'DDE25' for 25% off... shockingly, it accepted BOTH CODES for 50% off for a grand total of $249.98 for ALL 5 BELTS plus $25 in return shipping, not too bad!

Good luck to anyone else that attempts, I'll post here when I get all 5 refinished in red and installed hopefully in the next few weeks!

EDIT: since I've had a few requests here are the P/Ns for stock belts, cost me about $600 (yes its a lot) for all 5 from my parts guy who is usually one of the lowest priced on the internet. Was hard to compare prices on the belts since a Google search on these P/Ns or even entering them into most mopar parts websites returns nothing since they are new-ish and uncommon

6AC48TX7AG - Seat belt: $201.30
6AC49TX7AE - Seat belt: $198.00
6AC46TX7AB - Seat belt: $77.70
6AC45TX7AC - Seat belt: $69.10
6AC52TX7AC - Seat belt: $58.16

EDIT: Issues with Safety Restore

Just to follow up and save others some grief... I had a couple issues with Safety Restore when getting my belts re-done. Instead of the folded flap of webbing to prevent the seat belt buckle from sliding all the way down the belt, they put in cheap black stoppers.

I didn't like the look and sent them back to be fixed. The stoppers were also mounted at uneven heights on driver/passenger sides. It was just rushed/sloppy.

I then found https://seatbeltrestore.com which was local to me. They are a couple guys that branched out of Safety Restore and started this separately. They fixed these little things on my belts for me at no charge and were awesome.

Overall I don't think you'll get all the discount codes if you go to Seat Belt Restore vs Safety Restore. I know that Safety Restore is capable of doing it right, not sure why mine got rushed like they did. Customer service was definitely nicer at Seat Belt Restore vs Safety Restore (there's one guy there that was not pleasant on the phone).

Regardless of who you choose, I attached a PDF file which I used to detail out these little things which needed to be done right. I would just send this PDF to whoever you decide to use and it should alleviate these issues upfront.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sponsored

tomahawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting Gray ordered 16 Aug delivered 11 Sep.,,2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7 Hemi, Traded 2017 JKU Big Bear, 2012 Ford Focus.
Darn!! You beat me to it! I had previously bought the red recon belts and added them to my JK because it was just so awesome. Plan was to do the same on the JL and use SafetyRestore to do it since there's no OEM red option for the JL obviously.

Just a couple tips/things I am doing differently. I didn't want to rent a car, deal with not having belts. I purchased 5 OEM black JL seatbelts that I am having Safety Restore refinish in ferrari red, this way my JL is never out of commission. Once finished, I'll have an extra black set I can sell here to hopefully someone looking to do the same thing and make their life a bit easier.

If anyone is looking to do the same, let me know I can provide the P/Ns for the seat belts. A few were on back order, but all 5 have now shipped and I should have them Monday to begin this project.

DOUBLE PRO TIP: to double up on @Solaris13man tip... if you make an account and leave the belts in your cart for 3 days, they send you a promo code. Seem's there's no need to do that as the promo code isn't unique to any person, just use 'RESTORE25' for 25% off... and EVEN BETTER, a quick google search turned up a second code, 'DDE25' for 25% off... shockingly, it accepted BOTH CODES for 50% off for a grand total of $249.98 for ALL 5 BELTS plus $25 in return shipping, not too bad!

Good luck to anyone else that attempts, I'll post here when I get all 5 refinished in red and installed hopefully in the next few weeks!

EDIT: since I've had a few requests here are the P/Ns for stock belts, cost me about $600 (yes its a lot) for all 5 from my parts guy who is usually one of the lowest priced on the internet. Was hard to compare prices on the belts since a Google search on these P/Ns or even entering them into most mopar parts websites returns nothing since they are new-ish and uncommon

6AC48TX7AG - Seat belt: $201.30
6AC49TX7AE - Seat belt: $198.00
6AC46TX7AB - Seat belt: $77.70
6AC45TX7AC - Seat belt: $69.10
6AC52TX7AC - Seat belt: $58.16
Do you still have your original seat belts that you took off? If so, will you be selling them?

tomahawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting Gray ordered 16 Aug delivered 11 Sep.,,2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7 Hemi, Traded 2017 JKU Big Bear, 2012 Ford Focus.
I will be dong this soon to my Sting Gray JLUR as soon as the seat belts arrive.... My takes offs will be available soon for the next person that would like to attempt this mod.
Finished up all the belts

IMG_0325.jpeg

IMG_0326.jpeg

IMG_0327.jpeg

IMG_0324.jpeg

Last edited:

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
I would LOVE to do this.

I've not looked closely, but how involved is it to get the seatbelts off?

TexasChick

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
LVT
I would LOVE to do this.

I've not looked closely, but how involved is it to get the seatbelts off?
The front two are not too involved at all. Pop off plastic trim below door, and unbolt the three bolts per side.

The rear outer two are a bit more involved, but not terrible. It requires most of the plastic in the rear to come off to unbolt.

The middle seat belt is about to drive me insane. I can not figure out a way to do it without fully disassembling the split seat to get the mechanism out. That is a bit more involved than I want to get, but I am going to get with a local upholstery person to see what they might charge to remove the seat cover and re-install.
Sponsored