Sponsored

Red Rubicon on 40's - Build starting to come along!

shaunmac

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK, 2012 JK
Got the new shoes on the Jeep today before we left for vacation! Looks like a totally different vehicle than it did a few days ago when it was stock. I only got to see it for 10 minutes before I had to go. lol

40" Cooper STT Pro tires,
3.5 inch Teraflex lift with 3.3 adjustable Falcon shocks ,
Dirty Life Beadlock wheels,
4:88 gears. (We'll see how these end up doing with the 40's... I almost went with 5:13, so we'll see.)
RCV Axles,
RockSlide retractable step rails
and a Tuffy trunk to store my goodies safely when the top is off.

Next up
- Hauk front and rear bumpers (if my order ever comes in... I ordered them 2 months ago...
I can't even drive it right now with that factory bumper being too big to fit the tires, so I found a guy with a factory stubby bumper I'm going to buy for $400 and then sell when my other stuff comes in. Hopefully I can recoup all of that back.)
- WARN winch is already in, but can't install that without the bumper.
- Motobilt tire carrier for the rear,
- and eventually D60's.

This is my favorite Jeep I've ever owned! Built exactly how I wanted it from the ground up.

IMG_2094 2.jpg

IMG_2095 2.jpg

IMG_2096 2.jpg

IMG_2097 2.jpg
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Got the new shoes on the Jeep today before we left for vacation! Looks like a totally different vehicle than it did a few days ago when it was stock. I only got to see it for 10 minutes before I had to go. lol

40" Cooper STT Pro tires,
3.5 inch Teraflex lift with 3.3 adjustable Falcon shocks ,
Dirty Life Beadlock wheels,
4:88 gears. (We'll see how these end up doing with the 40's... I almost went with 5:13, so we'll see.)
RCV Axles,
RockSlide retractable step rails
and a Tuffy trunk to store my goodies safely when the top is off.

Next up
- Hauk front and rear bumpers (if my order ever comes in... I ordered them 2 months ago...
I can't even drive it right now with that factory bumper being too big to fit the tires, so I found a guy with a factory stubby bumper I'm going to buy for $400 and then sell when my other stuff comes in. Hopefully I can recoup all of that back.)
- WARN winch is already in, but can't install that without the bumper.
- Motobilt tire carrier for the rear,
- and eventually D60's.

This is my favorite Jeep I've ever owned! Built exactly how I wanted it from the ground up.

IMG_2094 2.jpg

IMG_2095 2.jpg

IMG_2096 2.jpg

IMG_2097 2.jpg
Looking good!! I have those same exact rims, just a different style. I really like that you can run simulated, or real beadicks, or a rash ring. How are you liking them?
:)

BE158BC2-AA09-447A-B438-C6E878B56BBA.jpeg

Sponsored

Robbys3m3

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
nice! I love mine on 40's..looks so tough...also running the same steps and shocks. looking forward to hear your thoughts with 4.88's..im regearing soon.

OP
OP

shaunmac

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK, 2012 JK
nice! I love mine on 40's..looks so tough...also running the same steps and shocks. looking forward to hear your thoughts with 4.88's..im regearing soon.

I just got back from my vacation and started actually driving it today. So far, I REALLY like it a lot! The 4:88's seem pretty good so far also. I'm surprised at how much power is left with the 40's on there. It's not quite like it was stock, but it's not far off at all. I got it up to 75 on the highway today and it felt just fine. RPM's where around 2100 or so in 8th gear. This was totally fine on flat areas, and it started to downshift as soon as hills showed up. But I'm fine with that, that's exactly what I wanted.

The suspension is a bit stiffer than stock, but the Falcon shocks are adjustable, so I might play around with the settings a bit later today when I get to drive it more.

All of this being said, it still drives about 110x better than my JK ever did. It feels GREAT, and I can't stop from looking back at it every time I stop. lol.

OP
OP

shaunmac

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK, 2012 JK
Looking good!! I have those same exact rims, just a different style. I really like that you can run simulated, or real beadicks, or a rash ring. How are you liking them?
:)

BE158BC2-AA09-447A-B438-C6E878B56BBA.jpeg
I absolutely LOVE the wheels! I got them ceramic coated too, so they clean off with the spray of a hose. Plus, what I like about these, is that the bolts are hidden on the back side of the face of the wheel. Every beadlock I've ever seen looks like crap after a while from all the dirt and water that just sits in there, and these will help eliminate that quite a bit.

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
What back spacing did you go on those wheels?

OP
OP

shaunmac

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK, 2012 JK
What back spacing did you go on those wheels?
Good question. I’m not really sure. I bought them new from someone who ordered two sets by accident and I think I just got lucky. Lol.

Sponsored

Gray Hare

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUK, 2019 JLUR, 2004 BMW M3
Vehicle Showcase
Good question. I’m not really sure. I bought them new from someone who ordered two sets by accident and I think I just got lucky. Lol.
Shaun, scale of 1-10, how do you like the RS slider steps?

OP
OP

shaunmac

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK, 2012 JK
Shaun, scale of 1-10, how do you like the RS slider steps?
10 all day long. I love them! And my wife and kids love them even more!! Lol.

That being said though, I also like them for other reasons I didn’t know I would even like them for. They have a bit of a lip on the side of them, which makes it easy to stand on them if I need to get up on the roof for anything. Also, I stand on the steps to clean the front windshield now, whereas before I always had to get out a small step ladder because it’s up so high. And that’s coming from a guy who 6 feet tall.

All in all, it’s one of my favorite purchases on the jeep so far.

thez06

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Your Jeep is gorgeous.
Sponsored