Red Dash Trim Removal / Replacement

Sangiuolo11

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Anyone know of places near Raleigh NC that do wraps?

travelboysteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Fusion, ProMaster Van, FR3 MH
I'm wanting Punk'n so the red dash will probably need to be changed. I guess the red stitching on the seats I will have to live with.
Actually, you can dye those black pretty easily.
Making them lighter, not so much.

Midwest22

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Has anyone here wrapped or painted their dash white on a white JLUR? I'd like to see what that looks like. If I were better at Photoshop I probably wouldnt have to ask this question.

Sponsored

travelboysteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Fusion, ProMaster Van, FR3 MH
Shoe dye, wipe off immediately like you would a fine pair of leather shoes,....
Use a small applicator,..boom, black thread
Just one option

There are also special pen applicators for fabric, etc.

Last edited:

Jb11379

First Name
Jb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Is it possible to wrap without removing the passenger side panel. Something about taking the airbag out that bothers me.. if I was able to get the top part of the dash off would it be doable?

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
Is it possible to wrap without removing the passenger side panel. Something about taking the airbag out that bothers me.. if I was able to get the top part of the dash off would it be doable?
I’ve never wrapped anything, but from the pictures I’ve seen, I don’t think someone could do it right leaving the dash in. The dash panel would be touching the surround on the right side, and you couldn’t remove the air vents.

I have taken my panels off 3 times and not had an issue. I think it’s nothing to be afraid of to do the removal.

Sponsored

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
I am going to tackle this soon. I have tried everywhere including this video and still don't know EXACTLY what to disconnect to kill the power to the airbag for 30 minutes prior like instructed. Help please.
I only disconnected the negative battery terminal in the engine compartment. There are 2 nuts. But one of them takes off the harness they are both connected to. If there is another battery, I didn’t know, and I had no adverse effects from the way I did it.

VJ Smedlo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Copperhead AEV JKU, 2017 Chief JKU, 2018 Mojito! JLUR
I am going to tackle this soon. I have tried everywhere including this video and still don't know EXACTLY what to disconnect to kill the power to the airbag for 30 minutes prior like instructed. Help please.
He only briefly mentions it in the video: disconnect both negative wires by from main battery by removing the clamp from the battery post, AND then disconnect the smaller ground wire from that clamp.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
So I attempted this today. No go. I am pretty good with vinyl and I couldn't pull it off. It will need to go to the paint shop or vinyl wrap shop.

However the instructions CodeIV gave are perfect.
1. Pull off climate control panel. It pulls straight of towards you.
2. Then loosen the 2 screws holding on the radio bezel.
3. Start on the bottom and pull the radio bezel off. No issues pulls right off again towards you.
4. Then there is one screw holding on the dash behind the top of where the radio bezel was.
5. Then you pull the dash towards you NOT UP and it comes right off.
6. This exposes the screws holding on the dash (red) piece.
7. Loosen all the screws and the red dash pieces pull off again towards you.

Not here is what wasn't explained. The vents unscrew no problem. The instrument cluster DOES NOT. It is pushed on and then where it clips together they melted them together. You will need to do some cutting order the instrument area.

I ended up putting it all back together as now that I have done it I will just wait until I get a vinyl place lined up and take the pieces in.

awesomebluejl

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
So I attempted this today. No go. I am pretty good with vinyl and I couldn't pull it off. It will need to go to the paint shop or vinyl wrap shop.

However the instructions CodeIV gave are perfect.
1. Pull off climate control panel. It pulls straight of towards you.
2. Then loosen the 2 screws holding on the radio bezel.
3. Start on the bottom and pull the radio bezel off. No issues pulls right off again towards you.
4. Then there is one screw holding on the dash behind the top of where the radio bezel was.
5. Then you pull the dash towards you NOT UP and it comes right off.
6. This exposes the screws holding on the dash (red) piece.
7. Loosen all the screws and the red dash pieces pull off again towards you.

Not here is what wasn't explained. The vents unscrew no problem. The instrument cluster DOES NOT. It is pushed on and then where it clips together they melted them together. You will need to do some cutting order the instrument area.

I ended up putting it all back together as now that I have done it I will just wait until I get a vinyl place lined up and take the pieces in.
I got everything apart saw the plastic weld on the instrument panels. I think it’s possible to wrap with this piece still connected but wondering if you cut it apart.

143A0B05-C6D7-4BD8-9B06-02F1486252D5.jpeg