Recreational towing

Dambuilder

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara (soon)
First time jeep owner here waiting on my Sahara to ship. I wanted a wrangler to tow behind our motorhome and have been lurking the forum to see if anyone has done a baseplate install. Have not seen one yet but still watching. None of the normal vendor sites are listing equipment for the JL as of yet. I did see a post that said a JK bumper is readily used so that is promising. Anyone have more info
Sponsored

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
You will probably have to wait a while to find a base plate manufacturer that fits the JLS front bumper.
Or you can replace your front bumper with a bumper that has the specific towing tabs welded on. It has been reported that quite a few JK bumpers will fit the JL.
LoD bumpers can be purchased with installed towing tabs. I seen several other companies also offer bumpers with brand specific tabs. Tabs are not universal! Googling should bring up a few more manufacturers.
Bumper tabs center the tow bar better than having a base plate hanging down below the bumper. The base plate for my JK was close to the price of a replacement bumper which had tow tabs.