First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUD Hardtop, 2016 JK 2-door Ragtop
Occupation
Tired Again
Have yet to experience a charge session or even a drive session in a 4xe. Soon though, as it was built 09-25-21, three days ago. I am interested in keeping track of electrical units used per electric fillups, just as with gasoline. I have a Wallbox Pulsar Plus ready and waiting the arrival of the new Sahara. How are you keeping track of kWhs and from where is this information gleaned? Vehicle side or charger side?
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Uconnect app doesn’t. I don’t remember seeing it anywhere in vehicle menus.

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler High Altitude 4xe
Have yet to experience a charge session or even a drive session in a 4xe. Soon though, as it was built 09-25-21, three days ago. I am interested in keeping track of electrical units used per electric fillups, just as with gasoline. I have a Wallbox Pulsar Plus ready and waiting the arrival of the new Sahara. How are you keeping track of kWhs and from where is this information gleaned? Vehicle side or charger side?
Did you set up a user account with wallbox? If so, you can see the charge details with your mobile or desktop app.

OP
OP
CJ SCION

CJ SCION

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tired Again
@SnB4xe
No I have not. Thank you for the mention, I will look into that for sure. Truly wanted a basic stand alone charger with that info on a simple display but did not see such a model available. Wondering if an old smart phone sitting near the charger will communicate with the charger via bluetooth, without an internet connection. Have yet to find a relevant Wallbox user manual that covers these concerns.

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@SnB4xe
No I have not. Thank you for the mention, I will look into that for sure. Truly wanted a basic stand alone charger with that info on a simple display but did not see such a model available. Wondering if an old smart phone sitting near the charger will communicate with the charger via bluetooth, without an internet connection. Have yet to find a relevant Wallbox user manual that covers these concerns.
There might be a manual somewhere.....let me see if I can find it.

Meanwhile, it's pretty easy. They communicate via bluetooth so that might work with an old phone. Sounds reasonable. Just download the app and then it will ask you if you have an EVSE unit already. Answer yes it will let you scan the QR code on the side of the unit. At that point it will connect and you are done.

There is a feature called "Auto-Lock" that requires the user to whip out their cell phone in order to initiate a charge. If you go through the trouble of doing that then you will see your user name on the charging reports from the desktop app. If you leave the machine in promiscuous mode then it will open up to anybody for a charge......which is much more convenient. Only problem is that you will shop up as anonymous on the charging reports. Not a big deal if you are the only one charging.

Check out page 17 of the attached.

Screen shot or our set up. We have two units and named them "Left" and "Right". Not very creative I know...

Jeep Wrangler JL Recording kWhs Used To Charge 1632959165311

Attachments

Sponsored

OP
OP
CJ SCION

CJ SCION

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tired Again
Ok, that is good info there. The energy column on your sessions page is what I was hoping for. Thank you for sharing.

The installation manual was in the box with the Pulsar Plus, paper copy. I did go to the website and scope out the subscription plans. Is the sessions page you posted available in the basic (no cost) plan? I will get the app loaded to a phone and start poking around a bit in the morning.

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, that is good info there. The energy column on your sessions page is what I was hoping for. Thank you for sharing.

The installation manual was in the box with the Pulsar Plus, paper copy. I did go to the website and scope out the subscription plans. Is the sessions page you posted available in the basic (no cost) plan? I will get the app loaded to a phone and start poking around a bit in the morning.
Yes. Basic no cost plan. I believe the subscription plan is for owners who wish to set up point of sale features in order to charge people to use the machine.
Sponsored