First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
I just built my Sahara and Rubicon and the MSRP was the same as I paid, did not see an increase.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
I just built my Sahara and Rubicon and the MSRP was the same as I paid, did not see an increase.
I think increase went into effect yesterday

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Say what? I haven’t used the online builder recently. They raised the MSRP on the JL already?
I believe it is actually $750 because the destination charge increased as well.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Wow i
I believe it is actually $750 because the destination charge increased as well.[/QUOTE im glad I ordered mine already and put a down payment on it

Sponsored

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
The online builder must not be updated yet as of 5 minutes ago it still has the January pricing.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
The online builder must not be updated yet as of 5 minutes ago it still has the January pricing.
Maybe that’s a good thing

Rubidouxit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLUR
Online builder was not updated as of last night and yes, the JLUR price went up a total of $750 as of March 1st. $500 base price and $250 destination. I can confirm this as I just ordered mine yesterday.

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
As Rich said earlier, "Supply and demand"!

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Online builder was not updated as of last night and yes, the JLUR price went up a total of $750 as of March 1st. $500 base price and $250 destination. I can confirm this as I just ordered mine yesterday.
Would had been nice if they informed people of the increase before hand

Sponsored

Kevman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara Granite Crystal, Audi A5
It depends where you live. I already see money coming off them on online deals. The JL sport I test drove had been on the lot for weeks and only had 35 miles on it, so people weren't lining up to drive it.

JeepRat

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Ram 1500, 2015 Lexus NX300h, 2017 Jeep Renegade, 2015 Subaru Forester, 2012 Lexus CT200H
A little off topic, but considering this price increase and possibly another one for the 2019, I might consider putting my order in now. When are the 2019s going to be available for order? I have seen the dates in another thread but can’t find it again. Thanks!

mlong003

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I browsed through the article. Does it specify if these numbers are referring to JL sales? Or JK and JL sales? Or just JK? I'd be curious to know the breakdown...I assume the majority is from JK sales. April 7th or so JK production stops, right?

Snerf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the online builder a firm quote? Or is just a configuration device to help buyers decide the options/price range they want? If so, do you still have to place an actual order through an authorized Jeep dealer? And do they have to honor the on-line build quote? Also, I'm not sure the dealer has an obligation to price at invoice; why can't they charge MSRP? Or add add'l dealer charges?

I guess I'm not getting the presumption that there's any kind of legal obligation to sell at a price range being quoted by the configurator. Or, is there some small print that says if you click 'agree', you get the price?

Lastly, this whole discussion is about custom orders. If you walk into the lot and are looking at a standard dealer allotment, that's when any professional salesperson's blood begins to flow. The art of their game is to jack as much $ over MSRP as possible. They've got enough people like us to cut into their margins - they need fresh kill to burnish their sales numbers.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
I browsed through the article. Does it specify if these numbers are referring to JL sales? Or JK and JL sales? Or just JK? I'd be curious to know the breakdown...I assume the majority is from JK sales. April 7th or so JK production stops, right?
My guess is majority are JL be interesting to see the numbers
Sponsored