Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep brand total sales increased 12 percent in February to 70,020 vehicles The Jeep Renegade and Jeep Wrangler led the portfolio by reporting their best February sales ever. Wrangler sales increased 17 percent to 15,936 vehicles while Renegade rose 4 percent to 8,249 vehicles.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fca-us-reports-february-2018-sales-300606651.html

There goes those rumors that JLs aren't selling...
And I assume this is why they increased the price $500. Supply and demand.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Jeep brand total sales increased 12 percent in February to 70,020 vehicles The Jeep Renegade and Jeep Wrangler led the portfolio by reporting their best February sales ever. Wrangler sales increased 17 percent to 15,936 vehicles while Renegade rose 4 percent to 8,249 vehicles.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fca-us-reports-february-2018-sales-300606651.html

There goes those rumors that JLs aren't selling...
Those numbers include JK and JL sales. Still good news.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I would expect a $500 increase from 2018 to 2019 I suppose. Price looks the same to me for 2018.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
I kind of figured by the wait times they were selling like crazy

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
I kind of figured by the wait times they were selling like crazy

Snerf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
We bought our Jeep on 2/28 (ordered 1/8). The 3 guys working the Jeep sales office had 12 open orders - JK/JL/other - they were trying to close that same day. My JL was one of a few custom orders; the rest are standard dealer allotments. They won't let you just test drive a JL either when they arrive - you have to essentially agree to purchase, and then they'll let you take it around the block.

The dealer is basically selling their JLs within hours of receiving them for a few $K over MSRP. As I was walking across the lot a few days earlier to confirm delivery, a lady was getting out of JLUR. I asked her if she had just test driven it, and she replied she had just bought it. She was with some friends, so it looked like a spur of the moment decision. (My contact was trying to recall why I rec'd $1k under invoice - no one is getting that deal. I reminding him I first came by to talk to him in Dec, and ordered on 1/8 before anyone really knew the demand. Besides, I have a bright red Rubi with the dealer plate frame giving him free advertising.)

With the weather beginning to improve, the 3rd market segment will become increasing important. The first is of course traditional 4WD, primarily with the 2-door. The second, which has been dominant for at least 5 years, is the so-called mall crawler. These are the 4-door Unlimited hardtops that compete with Suburbans, Land Rovers and other SUVs.

The 3rd segment are convertible sales - I've mentioned this on a few threads before, but we basically bought our Jeep to be used as a convertible. You can probably name the number of convertibles available for sale in the US market on one hand. The Miata, maybe convertible Camaro/Vette/Mustang, but those are really rare.

OTOH, there's a sh!t ton of Jeeps on the road, and soon the tops will be off. With the new JL top, it's a 3 second process to flip back (removing the plastic windows is around a 30 second process once you're familiar). I have to wonder if there will be an emerging after-market demand to put the JL soft-top on older Jeeps. If so, then more & more people will elect to drop the top when given the chance.

Add all this up, and it's no wonder Jeep sales are up, and soon no one will be getting any deals whatsoever.

20180228_153119.jpg

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
And I assume this is why they increased the price $500. Supply and demand.
I’m pretty sure that the price increase is an immediate/direct response to the new tariff being implemented on steel/aluminum. I wouldn’t doubt if other manufacturers will follow suit. Supply + demand + tariff = price increase :no:

Sponsored

buried20kleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Crush Rubi
I’m pretty sure that the price increase is an immediate/direct response to the new tariff being implemented on steel/aluminum. I wouldn’t doubt if other manufacturers will follow suit. Supply + demand + tariff = price increase :no:

So in a matter of a few hours, FCA discussed AND fully implemented a price increase system wide over a tariff increase mentioned off the cuff, with no idea when that tariff might occur and if it will even be enacted at the level suggested or frankly at all?

:cwl:

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
It probably has to do more with the increased sales then the tariff

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
We bought our Jeep on 2/28 (ordered 1/8). The 3 guys working the Jeep sales office had 12 open orders - JK/JL/other - they were trying to close that same day. My JL was one of a few custom orders; the rest are standard dealer allotments. They won't let you just test drive a JL either when they arrive - you have to essentially agree to purchase, and then they'll let you take it around the block.

The dealer is basically selling their JLs within hours of receiving them for a few $K over MSRP. As I was walking across the lot a few days earlier to confirm delivery, a lady was getting out of JLUR. I asked her if she had just test driven it, and she replied she had just bought it. She was with some friends, so it looked like a spur of the moment decision. (My contact was trying to recall why I rec'd $1k under invoice - no one is getting that deal. I reminding him I first came by to talk to him in Dec, and ordered on 1/8 before anyone really knew the demand. Besides, I have a bright red Rubi with the dealer plate frame giving him free advertising.)

With the weather beginning to improve, the 3rd market segment will become increasing important. The first is of course traditional 4WD, primarily with the 2-door. The second, which has been dominant for at least 5 years, is the so-called mall crawler. These are the 4-door Unlimited hardtops that compete with Suburbans, Land Rovers and other SUVs.

The 3rd segment are convertible sales - I've mentioned this on a few threads before, but we basically bought our Jeep to be used as a convertible. You can probably name the number of convertibles available for sale in the US market on one hand. The Miata, maybe convertible Camaro/Vette/Mustang, but those are really rare.

OTOH, there's a sh!t ton of Jeeps on the road, and soon the tops will be off. With the new JL top, it's a 3 second process to flip back (removing the plastic windows is around a 30 second process once you're familiar). I have to wonder if there will be an emerging after-market demand to put the JL soft-top on older Jeeps. If so, then more & more people will elect to drop the top when given the chance.

Add all this up, and it's no wonder Jeep sales are up, and soon no one will be getting any deals whatsoever.

20180228_153119.jpg
Disagree on the statement “no one will be getting deal anymore”. Not all dealers are money grubbing a$$holes. Many are but there are plenty that aren’t and if one is willing to travel a little bit the deals will still be there. My order went out on 2/5 at 5% under invoice.