Sponsored

Reconsidering the 2019 JL Rubicon - Anyone Else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
People on this forum can't win unless they buy a Rubicon and crawl on top of a big rock with it.

Do you really believe that Jeep is selling 200,000 Wranglers to enthusiasts?

What do you care what other people buy or why they buy it?
Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Buy whatever Jeep you want, and rock it. Get into it. Model doesn’t matter. OP probably made a bad purchase. Jeeps doesn’t seem to be their thing.

As to this “missionsparta” guy, doesn’t it seem strange he has been a member of this forum for almost a year, and last night’s angry posts and name calling was his first posts? It’s like he has an uncomfortable rash on his ball sack, and was lashing out at the world. I hope you find an ointment that works missionsparta. Get relief soon, my angry little friend.

Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
A pic of my Sport in Colorado 7 years ago. Great little Jeep.

CF467EB3-FB60-43B9-9034-2A487CD543C9.jpeg

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The way I’m picking options it doesn’t matter if I get a Sahara or a rubicon because they’re within 2k of each other in price. The difference between 48000 and 50000, basically. It’s really not a decisive decision.

OP might have sounded a bit like a troll but I’m cool with it . I get it. I think a lot of Jeep buyers buy it because it’s cool. That’s fine by me :) the bit about the steering is why I’m always honest when people ask me what I think about the Jeep and if they should get one (cautious praise).

I use mine as a city vehicle most of the time and enjoy the fact it requires more attention to drive.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Bought a Rubicon for all of the options and the resale value......so far no regrets.

Missionsparta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram
Buy whatever Jeep you want, and rock it. Get into it. Model doesn’t matter. OP probably made a bad purchase. Jeeps doesn’t seem to be their thing.

As to this “missionsparta” guy, doesn’t it seem strange he has been a member of this forum for almost a year, and last night’s angry posts and name calling was his first posts? It’s like he has an uncomfortable rash on his ball sack, and was lashing out at the world. I hope you find an ointment that works missionsparta. Get relief soon, my angry little friend.
I normally don't feel the need to intervene and normal visit for information. But when 50% of all the posts are bitching about what someone else bough or what they did with their vehicle, it gets tiresome. Obviously you jumping to the defense of that petty shit tells us just where you stand. .. only buy what I do and do what I say with it. Take your story walking, clown. I'm glad it bothers you so much that you went through my profile to stalk me like a scorned lover.

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
I liked the Rubicon for it's looks and the Sport or Sahara really didn't do anything for me. I was shocked that it works well as a daily driver (120 mi/day all highway) Because the Rubicon is so capable, it seemed a waste to not try it off road (at least once). I decided to take a class to learn what all the buttons were for and do some off-roading . Been out three times so far and just earned my first Badge of Honor this weekend.. Just love being out in the woods with challenging terrain and splashing in mud puddles like a little kid!! I'm hooked! :like:

Sponsored

Dadams20

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Sport, built it up a bit. At times I wish I'd have the Rubi, but at the same time really love the choice I made. Gas mileage: 16.5 with 35's - the 8-speed feels the same as it did stock. Off-road.. very capable. Yes you have to drive with a bit more fore-thought and no I wouldn't take it to John Bull, but did Heartbreak Ridge with no problem - and that's more my style. Maybe a Rubi Gladiator in a few years, but I'll be good until then.
Jeep14.jpg

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

What did people do before 2003 when the Rubicon came out? Was wheeling even a thing?!?

Oh wait, half of you probably weren’t even driving yet :giggle:

This thread has gone from zero to wtf in 3.4 posts! Lighten up Francises!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Did you even read my post? Quit projecting.
I wasn't quoting you directly, but I'll play.

Did I read your post? You mean this one:

Your entire post makes me sick. I hate you, and all you stand for. If you want to buy a Jeep and drive around pretending to be something you’re not, fine. But don’t blame FCA that it costs too much to fake authenticity. The Rubicon is about the only thing FCA does right.
You say that by buying a Rubicon he is a poser. But you also say that the Rubicon is the only thing that Jeep does right.

So only buy a Rubicon because nothing else is a real Jeep. But if you buy a Rubicon and don't do real Jeep things then you are a poser. That's pretty much exactly what I said. So yes. I read your post.

As far as projecting I'm not sure I know what you mean. I don't really have a dog in this fight. I have a Sport and I do Jeep things. And I think Rubicons are cool.

Also, I don't like you.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.