recommended wheel and tire size.

eebdel

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr
I have '21 Firecracker Red / Black Soft-top JL Unlimited Sport S. The tire / wheel size is 245/75R17 All-Terrain Tires. If I'm looking to upgrade the Wheel / Tire package without lifting Jeep, what are some suggestions? I'd like to stay with All-Terrain Tires. I'm trying to figure out how large I can go without lifting the Jeep and yet keep the turning lock-to-lock clear. I'm new to Jeeps and theses types of vehicles. So I'm learning all of the time.
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
You should probably ask this on the Tire/Wheel/Brake forum. You’ll get a lot of answers.

The first question you need to ask yourself is what you’re going to do with your Jeep? If it’s for strictly on road driving you can potentially go all the way up to 35s. I did this to my previous Sport S for a couple weeks prior to getting a lift. The aftermarket wheels had a 6” offset that pushed them and the tires out far enough that I could turn everything, from stop to stop, and have not rubbing issues. But, there is no way I could have taken that Jeep offroad like that.

If you’re going to do any off road driving that needs to flex the suspension, then you’d do well to keep the size you have. Maybe you can go up to 33s but I’d go check the Tires/Wheels/Brake forum and see what others have done first.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Consider a Rubicon takeoff wheel & tire set, these can be found for good deals regularly on the site. The 285/70/17 is about as big as you can run without a lift and the 285 width should still be narrow enough to keep from rubbing at full lock. If you decide to lift it down the road a Rubicon suspension swap is also a good deal.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Consider a Rubicon takeoff wheel & tire set, these can be found for good deals regularly on the site. The 285/70/17 is about as big as you can run without a lift and the 285 width should still be narrow enough to keep from rubbing at full lock. If you decide to lift it down the road a Rubicon suspension swap is also a good deal.
Yea, do this. Come up to Denver and buy my takeoff tires and wheels.. ;)
Sponsored