First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
So, it hasn't been certified to the standard then?

Read the link. What I said was yes it has Meets MS 12991, API and SN.

Try calling them too.
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I change oil, oil filter, and air cleaner every 5K, and the fuel filter every 10K. I also do a five-tire rotation every 5K miles. In every case, these are at half the recommended intervals. I have Discount Tire (for free) do the rotations because I recently had back surgery and my wheel/tires weigh over 100lbs each. [getting the spare on/off is a bitch]. Plus, I can watch the rotations, via a big picture window, to ferret out any shenanigans. That said, I retorque the wheel nuts when I get home.

if you don’t rock crawl, check into a Fumoto valve.

p.s. remember to drain water from the fuel filter every oil change. This can be a messy/smelly job. I use vinyl tubing to direct the water into a container. No mess that way. I see YouTube videos where the poster simply holds soda bottle in place. I did that exactly once, in the rain, at night, in a deserted parking lot. Big mess. My takeaway was always seek out high-volume diesel stations. For me, that’s Costco - they always have a line waiting for diesel.

Last edited:

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
Read the link. What I said was yes it has Meets MS 12991, API and SN.

Try calling them too.
Marketing materials aside, they don't have the documentation that proves they meet spec.

If it's so much better why don't they submit the paperwork so they can be certified?

Any time a company selling something says "trust me, it's better" I never have a favorable reaction. If it is, they should have no trouble getting the paperwork done.

Any time a brand with a cult following has people telling me that the spec isn't that important I instantly question their motives.

If it's so great, get the paperwork done. Then there's no question.

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Marketing materials aside, they don't have the documentation that proves they meet spec.

If it's so much better why don't they submit the paperwork so they can be certified?

Any time a company selling something says "trust me, it's better" I never have a favorable reaction. If it is, they should have no trouble getting the paperwork done.

Any time a brand with a cult following has people telling me that the spec isn't that important I instantly question their motives.

If it's so great, get the paperwork done. Then there's no question.

Actually they do just look it up as I sent the link. Also FYI MS 12991 is NOT a certificated test to submit paperwork your comment is misleading. MS 12991 is a recommended standard and a test that is ran in house to ensure it meets the >>>recommended<<<. The information you are stating has zero standing and your presenting as if it doesn't meet its not to be used. Again the MS 12991 you speak about is recommended not required and Amsoil is MS 12991 tested which also warranties factory claims. As far as cult on not sure what you mean by that but it does seem as a hot fart attempt to bash me lol. Your information is not only misleading but false on multiple levels I suggest you do more research give this number a try 18007777094 prompt 3.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
Actually they do just look it up as I sent the link. Also FYI MS 12991 is NOT a certificated test to submit paperwork your comment is misleading. MS 12991 is a recommended standard and a test that is ran in house to ensure it meets the >>>recommended<<<. The information you are stating has zero standing and your presenting as if it doesn't meet its not to be used. Again the MS 12991 you speak about is recommended not required and Amsoil is MS 12991 tested which also warranties factory claims. As far as cult on not sure what you mean by that but it does seem as a hot fart attempt to bash me lol. Your information is not only misleading but false on multiple levels I suggest you do more research give this number a try 18007777094 prompt 3.
So.... You want me to call their sales and marketing department.

Okay then.

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
So.... You want me to call their sales and marketing department.

Okay then.

actually its tech suport not marketing is why I stated prompt 3, you don't read much do you.

I can go around with guys like you all day however I won't hijack this Members post based on 2 things. 1 MS12991 is NOT an approval nor can you get an approval from FCA e.g. license or cert. 2 it's a standard!

Next your going to battle over tire compound and mile rating 😆
Sponsored