Sponsored

Recommended minimum RPM to run on the V6 engine?

OP
OP
GoHack

GoHack

First Name
Gordon (N7QEI)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray JLU Sport, DoM 7/18 (Wed)
Occupation
Mech Engr
Vehicle Showcase
The one thing that the manual transmission JL's desperately need is a lower axle gearing such as the 3.73, which use to be an option on the JK's. The 3.43 is just too high, in my opinion anyway, which is why I drive mostly in 4th. The 3.43's is fine on flat and level highways, but come to any inclines of any kind, I have to downshift into 5th, and even into 4th, so I mostly just keep it in 4th, and on long trips on the interstate, 5th and 6th, again on level highways. I have the stock tires, as shown in my attached photo. I've never had any need to go w/oversize tires, which eats up power, as well as kills your mileage., plus are generally very noisy.

The 3.43 may be perfect w/the automatic, I don't know, but not w/the manual transmission.

I believe the 3.73 is offered on the Gladiator, so why not on the JL, at least as an option.

I was in the Beverly Hills area today on business, and saw a few expensive cars as expected, and surprisingly, quite a few JL's, including one lifted w/big oversized tires. :( It most likely won't ever see its light of day off road.
Sponsored