Recommended electric sliders for 392 Rubicon

boxs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BMW X4M Comp, 21 Rubicon 392
Occupation
Done working!
I had pretty well decided on the Amp Research product, but they are 20 weeks out! Anyone have experience with Rough Country, Rock Slide eng or others? Do go off road but nothing real serious. Getting too old and always been short...
Boxs
Sponsored

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
I've had RSE's Gen III sliders on for about a month now and really like them for the most part. I was also on the fence until I saw them on a couple other Wranglers at a Jeep Jamboree. The owners had had them for a number of years and I saw them up close hold up to some abuse when we hit the trails. However, I will tell you mine are having some intermittent electrical issue where the passenger side won't go down. I just came across a thread here where another person is having the same issue so that is a developing story. I'm sure RSE will make it right one way or the other. Other than that, I would recommend the RSE steps.

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
My buddies AMP steps he has on his 2018 and they have slowly stopped being able to lift themselves back up. Not sure if thats an isolated issue to his, but something to be aware of.

Motoristx

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
Build Thread
Link
I use the RSE steps/sliders. They can take a hell of a beating! Used mine on the Rubicon trail this summer, and smashed them on a couple of rocks.
I’m in a 2020 EcoDiesel Rubicon. 4inch lift and 39 KM3s. If your going to use them like sliders… I’d highly recommend the rocker panels too. Mine got into my rocker panel slightly, but it was my fault, I came down really hard on a rock I didn’t see.

The Jeep behind me has them also.
Jeep Wrangler JL Recommended electric sliders for 392 Rubicon 1632170232875

Aftermath on the passenger side. Still functioning great.
Jeep Wrangler JL Recommended electric sliders for 392 Rubicon 1632170379060

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Yeah I run the RSE on my JK and they are amazing. If your going to wheel go with them. If your going to mall crawl and car show side of Jeeping stay with the AMP's.

I am going with the AMPS on my incoming 392 XL as my wheeling time vs saddle time as gone down to .02% of the saddle time off road. This coming build I'll be much more of pavement pounder than off roading.

Sponsored

OP
OP

boxs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Done working!
Thanks for the replies. This Jeep like my others will be going off road, so I will be re-thinking my preference for Amp. RSE looks like the better option.
boxs

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Thanks for the replies. This Jeep like my others will be going off road, so I will be re-thinking my preference for Amp. RSE looks like the better option.
boxs
Yeah you can't go wrong with the RSE I have been running generation 1 for 4 years and have yet to have an issue with them. I'm not sure on the new reinforcement option they have but have heard it's pretty sweet.

As everyone is saying long wait times on Amp Xtremes like possibly 20 weeks, So I just ordered them today, and I still have no idea even when the 392 is coming in after ordering it 65 days ago.

OP
OP

boxs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Done working!
Yeah you can't go wrong with the RSE I have been running generation 1 for 4 years and have yet to have an issue with them. I'm not sure on the new reinforcement option they have but have heard it's pretty sweet.

As everyone is saying long wait times on Amp Xtremes like possibly 20 weeks, So I just ordered them today, and I still have no idea even when the 392 is coming in after ordering it 65 days ago.
Ha, waited 6 months for mine- but worth it. I called Amp and they confirmed, 20 weeks.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Ha, waited 6 months for mine- but worth it. I called Amp and they confirmed, 20 weeks.
UGGGG!! Well at least I know they are on order. I went through an online retailer got a good deal and free freight so I guess its worth the wait.
Sponsored