Recommended Dealers List

D-Bone

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
If you are in the southeast, I strongly suggest talking to Mike Clinnin of Mall of Georgia Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep. I drove down from TN and it was well worth the 2 1/2 hour trip in the rain! Mike is a great guy, shoots straight with you, no fluff, nothing pushy and will give you a phenomenal deal on your new Wrangler. Just picked up my 2020 Rubicon from Mike this past weekend, exactly 4 weeks from order date and have never had a faster, smoother car buying experience. Everything was pre-arranged, 100% via email so basically all I had to do was show up and sign. The deal was exactly what I was told it would be. Had my own financing through Bank of America at 2.74% and walked away with 7% below invoice including my Tread Lightly discount. $599 dealer fee. Couldn't be happier and will definitely do business with Mike again in the future.

Mike Clinnin
2018 2019 J D Power Award Winner
Mall of GA CDJR
[email protected]
770-713-5364
Sponsored

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
If you are in the southeast, I strongly suggest talking to Mike Clinnin of Mall of Georgia Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep. I drove down from TN and it was well worth the 2 1/2 hour trip in the rain! Mike is a great guy, shoots straight with you, no fluff, nothing pushy and will give you a phenomenal deal on your new Wrangler. Just picked up my 2020 Rubicon from Mike this past weekend, exactly 4 weeks from order date and have never had a faster, smoother car buying experience. Everything was pre-arranged, 100% via email so basically all I had to do was show up and sign. The deal was exactly what I was told it would be. Had my own financing through Bank of America at 2.74% and walked away with 7% below invoice including my Tread Lightly discount. $599 dealer fee. Couldn't be happier and will definitely do business with Mike again in the future.

Mike Clinnin
Mall of GA CDJR
[email protected]
770-713-5364
Thanks for the info - they are only a hour or so away from me - $599 doc fee is a bit steep but I still make out ahead on reduces travel costs to Criswell (where I was also looking).

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque

Mike Clinnin
Mall of GA CDJR
[email protected]
770-713-5364
Excellent, thank you so much for posting this!!!! Did you pay everything to them and are they handling the registration and taxes for you? Did you have a trade in?

D-Bone

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Excellent, thank you so much for posting this!!!! Did you pay everything to them and are they handling the registration and taxes for you? Did you have a trade in?
Yes, they handled taxes & registration for me in my state (TN). I did not have a trade. Give Mike a call and tell him Don & Drew sent you. He'll take care of you for sure! ;-)

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
Yes, they handled taxes & registration for me in my state (TN). I did not have a trade. Give Mike a call and tell him Don & Drew sent you. He'll take care of you for sure! ;-)
awesome, thanks again. I emailed him last night but havent heard back yet.

Sponsored

Reno Wrangler

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I live in Reno and went shopping for a new Rubicon armed with the knowledge from this thread. My local dealers in Reno and Carson City actually made some decent offers. In fact, when you figure in the cost and hassle of traveling it was probably a push. The lowest prices were offered by Kent Shurtleff ([email protected]) at Peterson’s in Nampa ID and Antonio ([email protected]) and Mariana ([email protected]) at Jim Marsh in Las Vegas. Kent was offering the deepest discount on the invoice price if you financed the purchase. Kent’s knowledge and reputation can’t be beat and I highly recommend him!

I decided to go with Antonio and Mariana at Jim Marsh in Las Vegas. They were super responsive to emails and phone calls and also have a great reputation of the forum. I just felt more comfortable purchasing from a dealership that does high volume, and is proven to know their Wranglers, rather than the local dealers. I ultimately agreed to a cash purchase at about 5% under invoice. The combination of “out-the-door” price along with all the other cost factors essentially means they are paying for my trip to Vegas to pick up my new Rubicon! Since it would be an in-state transaction and with attractions like Red Rock Canyon, The Valley of Fire, and Death Valley close by the team in Vegas got my order.

I should mention that all the offers required the Tread Lightly discount. It seems like the COSTCO auto program discount no longer works for Wranglers. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks again for everyone’s inputs!!!

FirePix1075

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner
Does anyone have a recommended sales contact (name / email) at Ourisman Jeep in Clarksville, MD? Thanks.

Ppita02

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
Supposedly Costco makes car buying super easy. They send u to a dealer and u get best price right away, no haggling. Also u get a giant Costco gift card.
I tried the Costco program and it was easy they give you print out a piece of paper to take to the dealer that has your discount. But at the time it was still more than invoice price where as some dealers were doing 6-7% below invoice. My two cents.

Mdmorrissey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
Just bought a 2019 JLU Wrangler Rubicon from Luther Chrysler Jeep in Brookdale, MN. Had the exact options I wanted as well as the color. I thought all of the 2019 models in Granite Crystal with the options I was looking for were gone, but after doing a nation-wide search, found two of them left, with one of them located at Luther. Their listed price was at a deep discount and after a couple of emails, was able to get it for 7% under invoice with the Tread Lightly discount.

As a comparison, I was going to do a 2020 new build through Peterson's in Idaho, but with the Oct 1 2020 model year price increases, I got the same car in the 2019 model year for $1,500 less than the Peterson's quote (which was still a steep discount over local dealers). Plus I didn't have to finance with the local folks as I would have through Petersons. The distance between Boise/Denver is about the same as Minneapolis/Denver as well.

I flew from Denver to Minneapolis ($29 one way), took an Uber ride up to the dealership and was out the door in a couple of hours. Totally the easiest auto buying experience I ever had. No games, no BS, no high pressure. For $135 they even register the vehicle in your home state, so no screwing around with the local DMV. Trip is 850 miles from Minneapolis to Denver, but I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know the new Jeep and the drive home. My wife and I made a small road trip out of it.

I dealt with Brett Bakken, their internet manager (direct Line - (320) 469-7712 or [email protected]).

I would highly recommend Luther/Brett Bakken to anyone in the Midwest (Denver area included) looking for a great buying experience

Sponsored

hschro47

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
For anyone in northeast Indiana or the surrounding area. I just placed an order for a 2020 Rubicon through Tom Kelley CDJR in Decatur. Got it for 7% off msrp. They were extremely professional and easy to work with. Point of contact is Dan hall. Tell him Hayden sent you. His contact info is 260-301-5104 or email is [email protected]

Jward050

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Hi guys, I recently purchased and received a factory order Rubicon from Farrish of Fairfax, Virginia and I had a good experience dealing with their sales consultant Gerry Hebron, so I just wanted to give them a shout out. I also wanted to give a shout out Patrick Mantua from Criswell in MD. I live in Virginia Beach, but after reading everyone's recommendations on this site, I reached out to a few dealerships from VA and MD, including Farrish, Criswell, and Ourisman. First off, I have to say that Patrick from Criswell responded almost immediately to my emails and supplied me with a quote within an hour or two after I initially contacted him. I never got a response from Marco at Ourisman. Initially, I also did not receive a response from Gerry at Farrish, but I later found out that was because the contact email listed on Farrish's website is not his primary email. I had to call the dealership and speak with Gerry the first time I got in touch with him, but from that point on, he was very responsive. Farrish and Criswell both offered the vehicle for the same price - 7% below invoice, plus an additional 1% for tread lightly membership. Neither required mandatory dealership financing (I payed cash). Criswell's dealer fee was only $300, while Farrish was up to a mind-boggling $800!! (I had previously read that Farrish was offering a Mopar cash credit to offset the difference, but that was no longer being offered at the time I purchased). That $500 difference essentially negated 1% off the total discount from Farrish, bringing their total discount back down to 7%. For that one reason alone, I was initially planning to drive a little further to buy from Criswell. But, ultimately, because I live in the state of VA, and not MD, I chose to purchase from Farrish. My big concern was - if I bought the vehicle in MD, I wouldn't be protected by Maryland's lemon law. Perhaps I misinterpreted MD's lemon law, but according to everything I read online, their law specifically states that you to have the vehicle registered in the state of MD (therefore, you would likely have to reside in MD) in order to receive lemon law protection on vehicles purchased in MD. Not all state lemon laws specifically state that. After previously owning a troublesome Jeep, and after knowing about all of the steering issues, etc, with the new JL's, I just didn't feel comfortable paying 50K for a new Rubicon and risking not having lemon law protection. State-specific lemon law requirements are something you guys might want to take into consideration when buying a new Jeep. So, I went with Farrish... Because I live in VA, paying the extra $500 at Farrish amounted to buying a state-sponsored insurance policy that I wouldn't have received if I purchased in MD. But, if you live in MD, Patrick from Criswell seemed like a good guy to work with, so def get in touch with them, too. Mopar cash was no longer available when I went to purchase, but Farrish did honor a request to supply me with one aftermarket item that I asked them to throw in at no cost to help offset their high dealer fees, so that did help bring down that $500 difference a bit, and I appreciate that they did that. All in all, I had a very good experience dealing with Gerry and Farrish. It was a straight-forward transaction, and I never felt like they were bullshitting me or trying to do anything shady. Note - I did not finance the car, so I have no idea what that experience would be like. Gerry was a really nice guy and seemed to be genuine, and I never, ever got the typical pushy, shady, lying dealership salesman vibe from him. After I got in touch with him initially, he was also very good at communicating with me, and gave me regular status updates, etc, for the remainder of our interaction. I would definitely buy from Farrish again, and I highly recommend dealing with Gerry Hebron if you buy from them!! - J.Ward

TJIndian

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 TJ, 2016 Silverado, 2016 Cherokee, 2016 Indian Roadmaster
DO NOT go to Champion in Lansing MI!!! The service department is horrendous.

Griff71

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLUR
DO NOT go to Champion in Lansing MI!!! The service department is horrendous.
Not that I would be going there from Colorado. But it looks like with the information you provided completely makes me want avoid Champion.

On a related note, want a spicy pumpkin?
56D6F88E-C107-43BB-B272-828296AF5721.jpeg

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Wonderful experience at Dwayne Lane in Everett WA. Worked with Paul Lebance. Handled my order, kept regular updates during build. They did about 7% under invoice, low doc fees, no pressure. Pail is the guy you want to call.
Sponsored