Recommended Dealers List

rrshinn

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Looking for the best dealer to order from in the Southern NH, Boston North area of Mass.? Eligible for the Affiliate discount but have been seeing bigger discounts in other locations. Thanks.
Sponsored

GeauxGuy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK/2007 F250 King Ranch
Occupation
CNC Machinist/Fabricator
Whom do you deal with there? Gathering quotes now. Thanks in advance.
Price was set online, so it really doesn't matter who you deal with, just build what you find on the spreadsheet, then compare. Maybe I got lucky
If ordering, someone mentioned Conroe, TX, not very far from you.
7.8% with treadlightly
https://www.demontronddcj.com/
ask for Neil

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
The thing stop me from buying in Vegas is the ca dmv, registering an out of state care is hell like 3 half day trips last time I tried it.. does anyone know a fair dealer anywhere in ca even NorCal.. I can order from for 5 plus under invoice?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Highlander
Just picked up my new 2019 Wrangler MOAB from Travis at Tri-City Jeep in Eden, NC. They are sponsors here and advertised 7% under invoice - which was honored with zero sales pressure what-so-ever. Even the nice lady in charge of financing didn't try to sell any add ons.

- 7% under invoice with Tread Lightly discount and financing through one of their partners (rates are high everywhere nowadays, but the rate I got for excellent credit was better than Lightsteam - so no complaints)
- $349 admin fee, which is also advertised on their site (note this is about 1/2 of what most dealers in NC charge)
- Free full tank of gas

Travis kept me up to date about my shipping status as well. Once it left the Jeep plant he was prompt to let me know when the vehicle left the Toledo rail yard, when it arrived in Winston-Salem to be loaded up on the truck, and when it arrived at the dealership.

I honestly cannot think of anything that wasn't positive about the entire experience. If you are within driving distance, save yourself a headache and just reach out to Travis.

IMG_1029v2.png
Just wondering, they advertise no destination charges, was this true? Just the dealer fee, tax and tag? Do you mind posting your invoice out the door?
I’m in Charlotte and super curious, as well ... this would save me a trip to Maryland. Also, did you have a trade-in? If so, how’d they factor that into everything?

jeep949shopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, Rav4
The thing stop me from buying in Vegas is the ca dmv, registering an out of state care is hell like 3 half day trips last time I tried it.. does anyone know a fair dealer anywhere in ca even NorCal.. I can order from for 5 plus under invoice?
Someone had reported Capistrano. If not Rubicon, try Costa Mesa. Look at the map.

I bought in Vegas and registered in CA (Santa Ana). Smog check - 15mins, DMV visit with appt - less than 1 hr. Not sure why you had to do 3 half day trips. Read up recent experiences in the CA thread.

Good luck.

Sponsored

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Someone had reported Capistrano. If not Rubicon, try Costa Mesa. Look at the map.

I bought in Vegas and registered in CA (Santa Ana). Smog check - 15mins, DMV visit with appt - less than 1 hr. Not sure why you had to do 3 half day trips. Read up recent experiences in the CA thread.

Good luck.

Good luck.
I did it like 6 years ago on my first Jeep, good news it is easier now

What is the ca thread full name I couldn’t find it

Norton300

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Picked up my JLU from Victory Lane in Carlinville -- Central Illinois, not far from STL. Can't say enough good stuff about them. There was no pressure. I used the spreadsheet from another thread and had a solid idea of what the pricing should be. Terry Pollard (Sales Manager) laid out the invoice and it matched all of my numbers. Ended up, after fees and all, walking out about 11% below MSRP.

Its not a big dealership. No BS; they're just easy guys to work with. Give Dan and Terry a call if you're looking.

https://www.victorylanechrysler.com
I crossed paths with Terry when I was looking. I have to agree, he was great. I didn't go with them as I was working with Jeff Yemm at Freedom in Virden, Il. we well. Freedom had exactly what I wanted ordered and on the way. Terry didn't and we would have had to order or locate. These two dealerships were the best in this area by far and great to deal with.

Jeff put my name on the vehicle that was on the way. Didn't even ask for a deposit and texted me as it was coming off the truck. They did the PDI as I was heading there and I took it home that afternoon.

The negotiations at both dealers was painless as well. I was offered a very comparable deal to what you are mentioning and there was no pulling teeth to get there.

Good luck everyone.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
lol we should have a "not recommended dealers" list. I bet over time the same names of dealers would come up in both lists. YMMV as always. :D

I hit the 'contact me' button on one website for a JL wrangler I saw and the dude replied thinking I wanted a gladiator. xD

M0ondogy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
lol we should have a "not recommended dealers" list. I bet over time the same names of dealers would come up in both lists. YMMV as always. :D

I hit the 'contact me' button on one website for a JL wrangler I saw and the dude replied thinking I wanted a gladiator. xD
I was browsing the Gladiator forum earlier, and they have that thread. It mostly focus' on how much over MSRP the dealers are charging, though.

Sponsored

Bbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ Wrangler Sport, 2019 JLU Rubicon, 2008 BMW M5
I picked up my '19 Punkin' JLUR from Koons Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram over Memorial Day weekend. Craig Benner was awesome! I paid 6.5% under Invoice. There wasn't a single item added on that I didn't want. I ordered this on 4/19 and it was at the dealer about 3 weeks later exactly how I asked for it. I couldn't get down to VA from NY when it arrived.

Craig sells all over the country, even shipped one to Hawaii for someone in the Military! Highly, highly recommend Craig. I tried over 10 different dealers to try and make a deal and was willing to travel wherever the best deal was.

Larry
I echo your comments about Koons and Craig Benner. I live in Jacksonville FL and got quotes at 12 different dealers in the general area (within ~100 miles) and Koons was by far the lowest at 6.5% below invoice. I just picked up my JLUR yesterday and can't say enough about my experience in dealing with Craig and the other people at Koons.

Szy_szka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
I echo your comments about Koons and Craig Benner. I live in Jacksonville FL and got quotes at 12 different dealers in the general area (within ~100 miles) and Koons was by far the lowest at 6.5% below invoice. I just picked up my JLUR yesterday and can't say enough about my experience in dealing with Craig and the other people at Koons.
Just curious about that $799 processing fee all VA dealers charge... For folks from MD (where the fee is 'only' ... $299), that VA fee feels so very very wrong on numerous levels. How do folks who purchase from Koons are able to 'swallow' that fee and still be able to able to walk out with a great deal? When you list 6.5% below invoice 'deal', is it before or after the $799 fee? Just curious how it all works out?

P.S. They still have fifty-six (56!) 2018s on their lot!

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
Just curious about that $799 processing fee all VA dealers charge... For folks from MD (where the fee is 'only' ... $299), that VA fee feels so very very wrong on numerous levels. How do folks who purchase from Koons are able to 'swallow' that fee and still be able to able to walk out with a great deal? When you list 6.5% below invoice 'deal', is it before or after the $799 fee? Just curious how it all works out?

P.S. They still have fifty-six (56!) 2018s on their lot!
You have to take it into account. Mine, with the doc fee, was actually a little over 5% under invoice. The key for me was the ease of the process. I got quotes online quickly and ordered. There were no hidden fees or trying to get me to buy a bunch of stuff I didn't want.

Vstarjewel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 Door Sport Wrangler
For those in or near Michigan, I highly recommend LaFontaine in Clinton. I saw the original recommendation posted by wibornz, and my experience was excellent. The salesperson wibornz recommended, Keith Friday, is no longer there. I was contacted by Chris Thornton. I was asking 5% under invoice and $9000 for trade in. Keep in mind, I had already contacted a nearby dealership that pretty much said "take it or leave it", so I didn't have high hopes on Chris working with me. I was wrong . . . he was able to make the deal happen. As it turned out, he was out of town the day I picked Molly up, and another salesman, Darius Edwards, took great care of me. The dealership is about 90 minutes from my place, but it was well worth the drive. I'm posting the link to their dealership at the end of this entry. I highly recommend Chris, Darius, and the dealership.

https://www.lafontainecdjrclinton.com/

Oh! Almost forgot! Full tank of gas . . . it's the little things!

Last edited:

jmm45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep TJ, 2013 RAM 1500
Hi All,

Lurker for a little while, and ended up ordering a JLUR from Mike Clinnin at Mall of GA Chrysler Dodge Jeep after recommendations here. We are local to metro Atlanta and this was the most convenient solution after looking for ages and finding plenty of Jeeps but with the wrong option combinations.

Long story short, emailed back and forth with Mike for a couple days - could have been quicker but I asked about several builds - and then shopped my more local dealers to see if they'd compete. Not only would they not compete with Mike, a couple laughed or didn't believe me on pricing. I happily offered to show them my quote. Only one accepted and said he couldn't do that deal and to take it.

Mike offered 7% off invoice pricing WITH Tread Lightly membership (be sure you sign up early enough to allow 30 days to pass so you can get your control number to provide to the dealer at time of delivery). We got the Jeep we wanted with the options we wanted.

Mike was so easy to deal with, upfront with everything, and very responsive. Super nice guy and I will talk with him first when it's time for a new truck or Jeep. Dealer doc fee is what it is, but not as expensive as some in my area. Otherwise, no hidden fees. The finance manager didn't try to sell anything other than a half attempt at an extended warranty which was actually a very good deal.

Please Private Message me if you are interested in talking with Mike and I'd be happy to share some additional information with you. His contact info is below. He's still doing this deal, no questions asked.

Mike Clinnin
Mall of GA Chysler Dodge Jeep
Ph: 770-713-5364
[email protected]
Sponsored