First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Wrangler Unlimited Sahara.. previously 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Fitness Club AGM
Bump. Anyone have a dealership or two in MA or neighboring states? And if so, can you please share your below invoice %?

Looking for 2019 but leaning towards 2020 and having a dealership selected forwhen ordering banks open.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Scrappy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Naval Flight Officer
Any recommendations in Florida? Especially Northeast FL, Jacksonville area? Not against making a drive, though.
I have heard Beck in Palatka is good. I live on 210 and am in t he same boat as you I am about 6 months out from buying.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
If you paid more than 6 or 7 % under dealor invoice, you got taken.
Not everyone who thinks they paid 6%-7% under invoice actually paid that. Every deal and situation is different. It really depends on how that 6%-7% under-invoice is calculated and most importantly what region the buyer is in. There is a LOT of room for interpretation.

There are people thinking they bought for 7%-8% under invoice. In reality the percentage gets whittle down a percentage here and there after inflated DOC fees, dealer prep, inflated wheel locks and other products, back-end products like magic wax, financing requirements, etc are taken into consideration. Was destination included? And / or are trades taken into consideration? How much travel cost and time was involved? Was it a true cash deal?

Did the buyer qualify for Military, affiliate, realtor, Direct Marketing, other incentives?

Last edited:

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1993 Nissan 300ZX, 2015 Subaru Outback, 2011 Toyota Sienna
Thanks for the recommendation! What percentage under invoice did they give you?
Run Lakeland against Automall of GA. Lakeland struggled to get me to 7% below invoice...I did better than that just outside Atlanta...to where the farther drive was worth it. Just saying.

Sponsored

Roadglide

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Not everyone who thinks they paid 6%-7% under invoice actually paid that. Every deal and situation is different. It really depends on how that 6%-7% under-invoice is calculated and most importantly what region the buyer is in. There is a LOT of room for interpretation.

There are people thinking they bought for 7%-8% under invoice. In reality the percentage gets whittle down a percentage here and there after inflated DOC fees, dealer prep, inflated wheel locks and other products, back-end products like magic wax, financing requirements, etc are taken into consideration. Was destination included? And / or are trades taken into consideration? How much travel cost and time was involved? Was it a true cash deal?

Did the buyer qualify for Military, affiliate, realtor, Direct Marketing, other incentives?
I hope everyone here knows how to do math. You realize on a average a $40K Jeep that a extra 1% is $400.00. You people are seriously driving hours and hours for $400.00?? I don't care if you are retired and have all the time in the world. Your time, gasoline,wear and tear on your vehicles, food and drink,hotels rooms etc. Come on people get a clue!! In Florida, Lakeland Jeep will deliver the Jeep to your doorstep for FREE!!!!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope everyone here knows how to do math. You realize on a average a $40K Jeep that a extra 1% is $400.00. You people are seriously driving hours and hours for $400.00?? I don't care if you are retired and have all the time in the world. Your time, gasoline,wear and tear on your vehicles, food and drink,hotels rooms etc. Come on people get a clue!! In Florida, Lakeland Jeep will deliver the Jeep to your doorstep for FREE!!!!
Not sure if you were directing your comment to me but I know how to calculate a net/net deal. My point is the true percentage under invoice can be skewed once fees and other cost are factored back in. Florida has some of the worst DOC fees in the nation. I think the cap is $999 with the average DOC at around $600.

Roadglide

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Not sure if you were directing your comment to me but I know how to calculate a net/net deal. My point is the true percentage under invoice can be skewed once fees and other cost are factored back in. Florida has some of the worst DOC fees in the nation. I think the cap is $999 with the average DOC at around $600.
No I was not directing it at anybody in particular. FL does put the screws to us on their doc fees. I paid $895 but just figured that was part of doing business. So I guess you are right that if you can eliminate that doc fee you will save more $$$. My apologies.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No I was not directing it at anybody in particular. FL does put the screws to us on their doc fees. I paid $895 but just figured that was part of doing business. So I guess you are right that if you can eliminate that doc fee you will save more $$$. My apologies.
No problem, no apology needed. I just wanted to clarify everything for anyone who is shopping. A $895 DOC fee is basically 2% add back in after whatever deal anyone got. I agree travel cost can easily be 1%-2% of a deal. Enjoy your JL!

johnsanc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler MOAB
Just picked up my new 2019 Wrangler MOAB from Travis at Tri-City Jeep in Eden, NC. They are sponsors here and advertised 7% under invoice - which was honored with zero sales pressure what-so-ever. Even the nice lady in charge of financing didn't try to sell any add ons.

- 7% under invoice with Tread Lightly discount and financing through one of their partners (rates are high everywhere nowadays, but the rate I got for excellent credit was better than Lightsteam - so no complaints)
- $349 admin fee, which is also advertised on their site (note this is about 1/2 of what most dealers in NC charge)
- Free full tank of gas

Travis kept me up to date about my shipping status as well. Once it left the Jeep plant he was prompt to let me know when the vehicle left the Toledo rail yard, when it arrived in Winston-Salem to be loaded up on the truck, and when it arrived at the dealership.

I honestly cannot think of anything that wasn't positive about the entire experience. If you are within driving distance, save yourself a headache and just reach out to Travis.

IMG_1029v2.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

NewTXJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Can anyone recommend a Dallas, TX area dealer willing to do a good painless deal on in-stock vehicles? Thanks in advance.

spdrcr5

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon XR
Vehicle Showcase
I picked up my '19 Punkin' JLUR from Koons Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram over Memorial Day weekend. Craig Benner was awesome! I paid 6.5% under Invoice. There wasn't a single item added on that I didn't want. I ordered this on 4/19 and it was at the dealer about 3 weeks later exactly how I asked for it. I couldn't get down to VA from NY when it arrived.

Craig sells all over the country, even shipped one to Hawaii for someone in the Military! Highly, highly recommend Craig. I tried over 10 different dealers to try and make a deal and was willing to travel wherever the best deal was.

Larry

GeauxGuy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK/2007 F250 King Ranch
Occupation
CNC Machinist/Fabricator
I just picked up a JLUR from Maxwell's lot in Austin, TX. Price was set and came out right at 7% below invoice, once I built it.
Saved us from having to order it

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
I just picked up a JLUR from Maxwell's lot in Austin, TX. Price was set and came out right at 7% below invoice, once I built it.
Saved us from having to order it
Whom do you deal with there? Gathering quotes now. Thanks in advance.

stormymk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Firecracker Red
Vehicle Showcase
Just picked up my new 2019 Wrangler MOAB from Travis at Tri-City Jeep in Eden, NC. They are sponsors here and advertised 7% under invoice - which was honored with zero sales pressure what-so-ever. Even the nice lady in charge of financing didn't try to sell any add ons.

- 7% under invoice with Tread Lightly discount and financing through one of their partners (rates are high everywhere nowadays, but the rate I got for excellent credit was better than Lightsteam - so no complaints)
- $349 admin fee, which is also advertised on their site (note this is about 1/2 of what most dealers in NC charge)
- Free full tank of gas

Travis kept me up to date about my shipping status as well. Once it left the Jeep plant he was prompt to let me know when the vehicle left the Toledo rail yard, when it arrived in Winston-Salem to be loaded up on the truck, and when it arrived at the dealership.

I honestly cannot think of anything that wasn't positive about the entire experience. If you are within driving distance, save yourself a headache and just reach out to Travis.

IMG_1029v2.png
Just wondering, they advertise no destination charges, was this true? Just the dealer fee, tax and tag? Do you mind posting your invoice out the door?
Sponsored