Sponsored

Recommended Dealers List

RegalZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 Raptor, 2015 JKUR
Help me clarify the charges and fees. I assume you live in Denver, CO since you said that you are returning there from Boise, ID. The total purchase price is $47,429 + $315.20 Doc Fees + T,T&L = $48,750. This is the amount you 100% financed with no down payment. The numbers don't make sense since Denver’s total sales tax is 7.65% on purchase price. Can you clarify? Also the build order says 170 Arizona zone. Why?
The $48750 number is not exact. There was a $1000 deposit involved. There was $150 for window tint that is not on the build order. Tax was approximately $1800, but they used my Ft Garland address instead of my Denver address. No idea why it says Arizona zone
Sponsored

5747kwk1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (TBT)
Help me clarify the charges and fees. I assume you live in Denver, CO since you said that you are returning there from Boise, ID. The total purchase price is $47,429 + $315.20 Doc Fees + T,T&L = $48,750. This is the amount you 100% financed with no down payment. The numbers don't make sense since Denver’s total sales tax is 7.65% on purchase price. Can you clarify? Also the build order says 170 Arizona zone. Why?
Thanks for the reply and congratulations on your purchase. I would think that the Manufacturer of Origin certificate would be sent to Ft. Garland, CO DMV. This is the way they verify and create the CO title. I guess it will all work out somehow. I have heard some good recommendations about Kent and just wanted to clarify the numbers. Can you tell I do accounting work? Looks like the process went smoothly for you. Enjoy.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I just got off the phone with the Stewart dealership in Colma ( SF, CA ), Levan Tadumadze no longer works there and this deal is not available.

They want me to stop by in person, won't give me a quote over the phone nor by email, so I am just going to shop elsewhere. That, and they mentioned a 10% deposit for an order, around 5k. I can get MSRP from anyone, don't need to go to Colma to get wrangled over a Wrangler.

Time to plan a trip to Boise.
Go see Kent at Peterson's. It will be well worth the drive.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Adding a recommendation for Douglas Jeep in Venice, FL (South of Tampa). Ordered my '15 Rubicon and now my '19 Moab through them. Both times they came in thousands lower than other area dealers. Fortunately they're only 20 min from my house. I used Tread Lightly affiliate both times and they seem to come up with some additional discounts and then most importantly waive the ridiculous $899 Florida dealer fees. I ended up about 6% below invoice on my Moab if you include the savings on the dealer fees.
LOL. Why would you include a ridiculous doc fee in your savings?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Ref Mojitorat's above inquiry regarding Az. pricing, maybe. Quick story, maybe not so quick however, just wanted to share with my fellow Jeep enthusiasts. I've purchased 2 new Unlimited Rubicon's from Airpark Chrysler Jeep in Scottsdale, in 2008 and 2014. Got a few bucks off, nothing great, as I recall somewhere around $2000. At both purchase times, Tucson dealers had next to zero inventory and wouldn't waste their time trying to make a deal with me. Airpark had a great inventory, both times I purchased off the lot, did the deals over the phone... other than the hammering I received from the finance guy, specifically the push on the extended warranty, it was a pretty smooth, no hassle deal.

Fast forward... I'm very fortunate enough to now be retired, like that Stix song, "Too Much Time On My Hands", "I got nothing to do and all day to do it". That said, in preparation of my next Jeep purchase, I've followed the JL from early rumors and spy shots, to the release fanfare, ever since having kept a close eye on reviews, new model year issues, dealer experiences and prices across the country. It didn't take long to discover that 1% behind dealer invoice deals were commonplace, deals with as much as 7% or 8% behind invoice are out there as well, albeit for this amateur internet surfer, took a little time to find.

As for Airpark, while on there website, I sent an email to one of their internet sales staff, giving them the whole story about being a repeat customer, wanting to keep my money in Arizona, blah, blah, blah, but also mentioned that thanks to the internet, I could literally scour the nation for pricing, comparing deals all from the comfort of my favorite bar stool with a margarita in my hand. I stated some of the deals I had found without much effort, most falling in the 10% off MSRP range, asked straight up if they cared to match pricing, specifically a 10% off MSRP deal. Guy responded he'd have to get with his boss, would get back with me. Day or two later he responds, manager isn't interested in my offer, tells me he'd see if could find something used for me. I responded, thanked him for his time, reiterated I was going to purchase new, not interested in anything used.

Back to the internet... learned of a guy in Idaho, couple actually, but one in particular that was doing no BS deals at my aforementioned 7% to 8% behind invoice, which results in about a 13% off MSRP deal. Guy's name is Kent Shurtleff at Peterson Jeep, I sent him a quick note... I won't go into all the superfluous chit-chat, but suffice it to say this guy is the real deal, no BS, no pressure, no excuses kinda guy. Only Chrysler affiliate requirement is Chrysler financing, albeit that requirement only asks or requires you to maintain their financing for 6 months... at which time you can pay off with your loan of choice, no penalties. Funny, for probably the first time in my life, I'm not in a huge rush to get a new Jeep, no doubt because I'm very happy with my current Jeep, a loaded Rubicon that I've done all the typical mods; AEV lift, drag-link flip, trailing arm relocation, Fox steering stabilizer, Methods with 35" BFG's, etc., etc. All my other vehicle purchases have been "I gotta have it like yesterday" scenarios, to say I'm a true gearhead is an understatement.

That said, my plan is to order sometime after the holidays however, there is still the side of me that wants that new JL now. So looking for an excuse to place my order sooner than later, I contacted Kent to see if I was at risk of losing his deal if I didn't proceed promptly, asking about price increases or maybe if there was a chance Chrysler was going to stop with their incentives to dealers who are selling behind invoice. Try as I might, I could not get Kent to say "ya better hurry up, this deal might not last long", or "deal is only good 'till year end", etc. Nothing... only response I could get out of Kent was him stating there was no rush, he want's me to order when the time is right for me, his deal wasn't going away, will be here when I'm ready. Needless to say, he's got my business... period, my search is over, which brings me back to Airpark.

Get a call about 2 weeks after my internet correspondence from an Airpark sales manager, essentially apologizing for the dealership not following up and telling me he wanted my business. I explained to him that someone did in fact follow up, and that they rather curtly told me Airpark wasn't interested. He asked me what deal I was proposing, I told him the 10% off MSRP, explaining that this pricing isn't that difficult to find. He responded immediately that if that's what it took to get my business, he'd do it. A few bucks more that what I'm getting in Idaho, but still a solid deal IMHO. I explained to the manager that while I appreciated his offer, it was too late... I moved on and have committed to another dealer.

Maybe I'm old school or just have a different philosophy, but other than my conversation with Airpark, I've never pitted dealers against one another rather, I give 'em a chance, show me your best deal, if it's better than the other guy, ya got my business. I gave Airpark the advantage of a heads up on the discount I was shopping only because of my history with them, the fact they were in Arizona (I'm in Tucson), they had their chance and blew me off, so time for me to move on. As for your Arizona dealer deal, I'm guessing if you made your initial contact with Airpark, let them know you're well aware that 10-plus percent off MSRP is readily available, make your proposal and be prepared to be blown off, at least initially. Give them a little time, I'm thinking you can probably get a pretty righteous deal from them, providing you're patient. Oh, they have pretty decent inventory, so I'm thinking they would love to move something they currently have sitting on the lot. Good luck!
I picked up my Rubicon from Kent about 3 weeks ago. You will never regret working with him. His communication is fantastic, 0 pressure. The entire ordeal was so painless, even the finance office was great to work with, literally a 5 minute process. This is the first time in my life I actually enjoyed purchasing a vehicle. I can't say enough about Kent and his team.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
has anyone worked with Dennis Dillon in Idaho?
Their prices seem too good to be true. They were going to do almost $12,000 under MSRP on a $56,000 build.

We live in Alaska and want to order a JLU Rubicon. Because we don’t have many options for dealers they just don’t budge on price up here. I know it’s going to be a long road trip no matter where we order from so really open to dealers anywhere in the country. Just looking for the best deal and experience.
Talk to Kent Shurtleff at Peterson's right down the street from DD. You won't be sorry.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
AM I READING THIS RIGHT??? 12.8% off msrp? Please excuse my ignorance if I’m off.
Yes. Best deal in the country. Though you should really be looking at invoice pricing to compare apples to apples. Kent is typically right around 7.8% off invoice.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I appear to be one of the very lucky buyers... Ordered my Granite Unlimited Sport S on 11/29 and drove it home on 12/28!!! Black hard top, Six-speed manual, Alpine sound, Granite wheels, Tech group and All-weather mats.

Purchased through Mike Knight at Suresky in Goshen, NY at 5% below invoice. No hassle, no games, no pressure for any dealer add-ons. I would highly recommend to anyone in the tri-state area to give Mike a shout. I'm a Jersey guy and it was the best price in my area so it was a no-brainer.

[email protected]
I think the 6-speeds came off pretty quick. I got mine in about 5 weeks.

AustinofAK

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I recommend going to see Kent at Peterson Auto Group. 20 minutes down the road and 100% better experience and price. Do yourself a favor and try him out. He absolutely is the best deal and buying experience. He’s all over the forums. Reputation is everything!! He’s got the good rep.

Kent Shurtleff
208-741-1289
Just spoke to Kent and he was great! going to Detroit in two weeks to check out the Gladiator at the auto show before making a final decision. I look forward to working with Kent either way.

RegalZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 Raptor, 2015 JKUR
Thanks for the reply and congratulations on your purchase. I would think that the Manufacturer of Origin certificate would be sent to Ft. Garland, CO DMV. This is the way they verify and create the CO title. I guess it will all work out somehow. I have heard some good recommendations about Kent and just wanted to clarify the numbers. Can you tell I do accounting work? Looks like the process went smoothly for you. Enjoy.
No worries! The exact amount financed was $48775.08, rate is 5.64%, $1000.00 deposit, $500.00 rebate, $315.20 doc and title fees, $1880.89 sales tax. Great experience, I won’t buy a wrangler or gladiator anywhere else!

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Can you tell me where you ended up ordering in Chicago? I'm getting the run-around here in St. Louis as well. Thanks
I'm in St. Louis and found a great deal at a dealership an hour away. I'm waiting until I actually get my Jeep to post about my experience with them, but if you PM me, I'll tell you which dealership it is.

punknking

First Name
Chrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
buying JLU soon
Got 6% off invoice + 75 % off sahara wheels / rims at Criswell Jeep in Gaithersburg MD

All I did is email asking if they still did it.

Patrick was my contact, I can pm people his email, I dont want to break any rules

punknking

First Name
Chrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
buying JLU soon
FYI pennfed credit union rate was 4.24 for 84 months

Figment490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, 2015 JKU Rubicon (sold)
LOL. Why would you include a ridiculous doc fee in your savings?
Because they’re the only ones I’ve found who will waive it. An extra $900 off is an extra $900 off any way you slice it. I had one other dealer offer a marginally better base price, but once they added the FL fee it ended up a good bit higher.