Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nordicclick.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee Ltd.
Occupation
Digital Marketer, Volunteer Firefighter
Any recommendation for a Jeep Dealer in the Upper Midwest? I am starting to gravitate to either Dillons (Idaho) or Koons (Va)...mainly because the Jeep dealers here in Minnesota seem to be stuck in the 1990s. I just finished talking with the 'lead' salesperson at the largest Jeep dealer in Minnesota. My first question for her was "when do you expect the first JLU to arrive". She immediately asked me "what is a JLU?"
My home town dealer wants the MSRP sticker price for any of his Jeeps, won't even consider coming down toward the invoice price!

Chuck,

What did you end up doing? I've been in a holding pattern waiting on the Sky one touch power top option which is finally available. I'm just SW of the cities (Victoria, MN). Let me know.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Chuck,

What did you end up doing? I've been in a holding pattern waiting on the Sky one touch power top option which is finally available. I'm just SW of the cities (Victoria, MN). Let me know.

Thanks,

Jeff
Try Spencer - Motor Inn Spirit Lake, IA. 5% under invoice with tread lightly.

BeeMan1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Sahara Unlimited JK, 2018 Rubicon JL Unlimited
Give Darryn Dozier a call at Lindsay Jeep Manassas Va. 678-629-6858. Best car buying experience I've had, and over a month since I picked up my Rubicon and he is still following up to see how I like it.

Tfom

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Andres Jimenez at Earnhardt Jeep in Gilbert, AZ is matching a 5% below invoice on your order OR EVEN IF YOU PICK UP ONE OFF THE LOT!!

I just got my Sting Gray yesterday from him. Give him a call at 602-510-3764 or [email protected] - tell him John Cortes sent you and he'll match it. No questions asked.

No affiliates needed either :jk: :rock:
I second Andres in Gilbert. No nonsense on the deal. I recommend texting him if you're interested. He also mentioned he can sell cars from any Earnhardt dealer, which covers lots of makes and models, if anyone is in the market.

Sponsored

bkjunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota FJ, 2014 Nissan 370z, 2003 Mini Cooper s
I reached out to 11 different dealers in Texas (San Antonio, Austin, Houston). Sent them all the exact same specs (Sahara - 4dr, Auto, Mojito, Dual Top, Safety Group) and asked for their best price. Below are the dealer details in order of best deal.

• 6% under invoice - DeMontrond Jeep, Conroe , Neil Carpenter
  • 5% under invoice - Maik Haik Jeep, Georgetown, K.C. Gardner
  • 2% under invoice - Covert Chrysler Jeep, Austin, Bart Gunkel
  • Invoice price - Ancira Jeep, San Antonio, Josh Murray
  • These Dealers were all above invoice, or refused to deal
  • Boerne Jeep
  • Ingram Park Jeep, San Antonio (would only deal in person)
  • San Marcos Jeep
  • South Point Jeep, Austin
  • Sames Jeep, Bastrop
KC at Maik Haik was very responsive and offered a good deal, but the price diff with DeMontrond was to good to pass up. I ended up ordering from them on 06/13. Received VON at time of order, and the VIN# the next day.

Last edited:

taysdad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe (ordered), 2017 GX460
Chuck,

Thanks,

Jeff
Jeff,

I (and several others on the forum)have gotten very fair deals from Matt Langford at Dave Dennis Jeep in Dayton, OH. He is a straight shooter and will do 5% under invoice for anyone. He can go even a few percent lower if you finance with them. Seems like this might be a good option for you based upon your location.

Michael

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Check out the one in Duluth (Miller Hill) and the one in Two Harbors (Sonju). Neither sell a lot of jeeps so its likely that they will give you a good deal just to get some on the roads up there. At least they didn't when I lived there. I'd simply call and say this is what I expect to pay...can you do it. Then have them search around and find what you want so you don't have to wait forever for it to be built. BTW...there is very low demand for softtops up there so you can get a smoking deal on them through trucar and costco. In reality the softops aren't that cold that its a concern even in those frigid temps. Had a TJ with softtop there and was fine.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
I tell ya, if you had asked me 3 months ago I would have thrown out a recommendation for Jason over at Tyson Motors. He was always quick to respond to e-mails.

These days, the longer this fiasco drags out, e-mail responses either take forever or go into the ether and mind you I haven’t been “that guy” bombing him with e-mails every other day. At most it’s been every few weeks with exception of lately which has been once a week. I did that crypto VIN thingy and e-mailed him when I was notified of my build sheet, and after a follow up e-mail several days later he responded that it been sent to the body vendor. Then last week I sent last week him an e-mail after I received a notification the window sticker had been generated and waited. At this point I figured I’d continue to let him hang himself since I’m beyond the point of caring. Then two days ago I learned from the Jeep website that my Jeep was in transit to the dealer so I decided to send him a follow up e-mail to get an idea of when the Jeep was expected at the dealer. A day later I’m still waiting for a response.

The moral of the story, just because you’re getting a great deal does not mean you’re going to have a great experience. I should have just sucked it up and ordered from my primary dealer Bettenhausen Automotive, I may have only received 1% below invoice (versus the 6% I got from Tyson), but at least they know how to treat a customer.

Sponsored

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I tell ya, if you had asked me 3 months ago I would have thrown out a recommendation for Jason over at Tyson Motors. He was always quick to respond to e-mails.

These days, the longer this fiasco drags out, e-mail responses either take forever or go into the ether and mind you I haven’t been “that guy” bombing him with e-mails every other day. At most it’s been every few weeks with exception of lately which has been once a week. I did that crypto VIN thingy and e-mailed him when I was notified of my build sheet, and after a follow up e-mail several days later he responded that it been sent to the body vendor. Then last week I sent last week him an e-mail after I received a notification the window sticker had been generated and waited. At this point I figured I’d continue to let him hang himself since I’m beyond the point of caring. Then two days ago I learned from the Jeep website that my Jeep was in transit to the dealer so I decided to send him a follow up e-mail to get an idea of when the Jeep was expected at the dealer. A day later I’m still waiting for a response.

The moral of the story, just because you’re getting a great deal does not mean you’re going to have a great experience. I should have just sucked it up and ordered from my primary dealer Bettenhausen Automotive, I may have only received 1% below invoice (versus the 6% I got from Tyson), but at least they know how to treat a customer.

Reach out to the Sales Manager “Adam”. He will respond to your questions/concerns immediately via sms. ‭+1 (815) 685-0773‬. Our Jeeps might be sharing a ride to the dealership it appears

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Reach out to the Sales Manager “Adam”. He will respond to your questions/concerns immediately via sms. ‭+1 (815) 685-0773‬. Our Jeeps might be sharing a ride to the dealership it appears
Oh and an FYI: Make sure to advise Adam, not Jason of any requests, ie: Please don’t put a front plate bracket or your Tyson emblem on the rear.

brionic

First Name
Brion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
First post, but lurking for awhile...

TLDR version...drop this guy an [email protected] (Phoenix, AZ)

This forum has been invaluable for me, so I wanted to pay it forward a little. Here is my experience buying my first Jeep.

I live in Las Vegas, NV. My first option, of course, was Jim Marsh. I didn't enjoy the experience. But let's back it up a little...the internet is a wonderful thing (and this forum especially). I wanted to lease, I knew what other people were paying, I knew that 5% below invoice was achievable, I went to the Edmunds forum and knew about the residuals and MF...in short, I did my homework. I'm fortunate enough to be Tier 1 with FCA so I knew what to expect. They had something on the lot, but the numbers were nowhere close. I know many people have had a great experience with them, so please continue to work with them. My experience wasn't as great. Perhaps it was an order vs. on the lot...who knows. Regardless, their website advertises all of their Sport S Jeep's for 10% of MSRP (as of today), so at the least, use that for negotiations with the dealer you are working with.

I knew what I wanted...so took advantage of the Jeep website to locate one. Phoenix...not too far away. 5 hour drive. It was at Autonation Jeep (https://www.autonationchryslerdodgejeepramnorthphoenix.com/). Unfortunately, the limited information I had suggested this dealer was not the best (again...thanks to this forum).

I worked with Matt Wykoff ([email protected]). He randomly contacted me after I completed an email form on their website. I explained to him that I knew my stuff and didn't have time (or the patience) to mess around. I said I needed at least 5% off invoice, Tier 1 rates, etc. He said...OK.

My final price...6.95% under invoice ($43,565 sticker). My residual for an Unlimited Sport S...74% (which was correct). My money factor (MF) was .00206.

So, here's what I know...Tier 1 MF should be .00193 (I gave them some profit). The lease acquisition fee was $ 895 (should have been $595 according to FCA...I gave them some profit). The documentation fee was $499 (not the cheapest, but reasonable). There was a bit of pressure on signing to purchase a service contract, but I politely said "no thank you".

We communicated via email for a couple of weeks, and I admit I was a bit flaky. I wasn't sure I was fully committed to purchasing the Jeep. There were a couple of false starts. But when I was all-in, Matt honored the deal and there were no surprises. I spent about 2 hours at the dealership and drove home with my Jeep. The number were exactly as promised. And remember, this was a Jeep on the lot...not ordered.

Maybe I got lucky, but drop Matt an email and see if you can get an equivalent deal on your Jeep. I asked him if I could share his contact info and parameter of my deal, and he said yes.

Buying a car sucks. I'm 48 years old, make good money, and have good credit...and it still makes me feel like crap. This experience was one of the better ones.

Feel free to ask me anything. I'll be completely transparent about all aspects of my deal. I'm really looking forward to being an active member of this forum and taking advantage of all of your experiences.

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
First post, but lurking for awhile...

TLDR version...drop this guy an [email protected] (Phoenix, AZ)

This forum has been invaluable for me, so I wanted to pay it forward a little. Here is my experience buying my first Jeep.

I live in Las Vegas, NV. My first option, of course, was Jim Marsh. I didn't enjoy the experience. But let's back it up a little...the internet is a wonderful thing (and this forum especially). I wanted to lease, I knew what other people were paying, I knew that 5% below invoice was achievable, I went to the Edmunds forum and knew about the residuals and MF...in short, I did my homework. I'm fortunate enough to be Tier 1 with FCA so I knew what to expect. They had something on the lot, but the numbers were nowhere close. I know many people have had a great experience with them, so please continue to work with them. My experience wasn't as great. Perhaps it was an order vs. on the lot...who knows. Regardless, their website advertises all of their Sport S Jeep's for 10% of MSRP (as of today), so at the least, use that for negotiations with the dealer you are working with.

I knew what I wanted...so took advantage of the Jeep website to locate one. Phoenix...not too far away. 5 hour drive. It was at Autonation Jeep (https://www.autonationchryslerdodgejeepramnorthphoenix.com/). Unfortunately, the limited information I had suggested this dealer was not the best (again...thanks to this forum).

I worked with Matt Wykoff ([email protected]). He randomly contacted me after I completed an email form on their website. I explained to him that I knew my stuff and didn't have time (or the patience) to mess around. I said I needed at least 5% off invoice, Tier 1 rates, etc. He said...OK.

My final price...6.95% under invoice ($43,565 sticker). My residual for an Unlimited Sport S...74% (which was correct). My money factor (MF) was .00206.

So, here's what I know...Tier 1 MF should be .00193 (I gave them some profit). The lease acquisition fee was $ 895 (should have been $595 according to FCA...I gave them some profit). The documentation fee was $499 (not the cheapest, but reasonable). There was a bit of pressure on signing to purchase a service contract, but I politely said "no thank you".

We communicated via email for a couple of weeks, and I admit I was a bit flaky. I wasn't sure I was fully committed to purchasing the Jeep. There were a couple of false starts. But when I was all-in, Matt honored the deal and there were no surprises. I spent about 2 hours at the dealership and drove home with my Jeep. The number were exactly as promised. And remember, this was a Jeep on the lot...not ordered.

Maybe I got lucky, but drop Matt an email and see if you can get an equivalent deal on your Jeep. I asked him if I could share his contact info and parameter of my deal, and he said yes.

Buying a car sucks. I'm 48 years old, make good money, and have good credit...and it still makes me feel like crap. This experience was one of the better ones.

Feel free to ask me anything. I'll be completely transparent about all aspects of my deal. I'm really looking forward to being an active member of this forum and taking advantage of all of your experiences.

Only time that the Acquisition Fee is $895 is for a 48 mo or longer lease....If you leased under that term I would reach out to CCAP and state that the stealership overcharged you on the Fee and request an immediate credit to your account or refund. I’m taking an educated guess here and believe you got a 27 month term since you received a 74% on a SportS. Happy Jeeping and I’m sure someone will benefit from your post here. You carried on the Jeep wave by gathering info from the forum and then passing some more on. Nice.

brionic

First Name
Brion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
My lease was 36/10k. Matt gave me the actual financial sheet...so I saw that the $895 was reflected as $300 dealer profit. I'm OK with it.
Sponsored