Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dakota, 2017 Cherokee, 2023 Willys XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Higher Education
Clubs

Hey everybody! New here on the forum and looking forward to my Rubicon in a few months and hopefully making some new friends in the Jeep community. Ordered today from Aydin at Bud Clary CDJR in Auburn WA. After a few attempts with different dealerships in the area, plus one in Nevada and one in Idaho, I felt it important to share with the community so you can also benefit from my findings while shopping for your next Jeep. I'm not affiliated with any of these dealers and none of them asked me to share my experience here.

1/11/2022. AYDIN AT BUD CLARY CDJR (AUBURN WA) set me up at invoice minus 1% as Tread Lightly affiliate. Unlike some other dealerships, this price is not contingent on financing, trade, etc, which appears to be the usual way dealers dig into the -5 to -7% of invoice range (more on this later regarding Peterson dealership). I texted Aydin my specs this morning and in 7 mins he texted back with a Configuration Preview showing MSRP, FWP, HB, FFP and EP. Most dealers won't show us all that information right away, only showing MSRP on the Configuration Preview. Handwritten on the photo he sent was the adjusted price (1% less than FWP aka invoice). I drove over with the $1k deposit. He told me to text him in a week for the Order Number and the VIN. INCREDIBLY QUICK AND CLEAN TRANSACTION. The transparency at this dealership is something I respect very much, and I also appreciate having been introduced to both sales managers. In my opinion, this should be everyone's go-to dealer in the Pacific Northwest. Got permission from Aydin to post his cell number here. It's 206-631-9667. The dealership phone is 253-880-1898. Someone else previously posted praise for Aydin at this dealership; that's how/why I initiated contact with him. MSRP 52790. Invoice 49835. Sold 49300.

1/11/2022. JAKE AT CHAPMAN CDJR (HENDERSON NV). I contacted this dealer after seeing the Chapman name come up a lot in these forums (although in PA and AZ, not NV). This Nevada dealer would have been ok for me to fly down for the deal, screw around in Vegas for a few days of break-in, and drive back to Seattle. EXCELLENT RESPONSE FROM THIS DEALER. He accepts the Tread Lightly affiliate and then further discounted the Jeep, coming in about $800 less than the deal I took in Auburn WA. Had I not taken the deal in Auburn simply for convenience, this dealer in Nevada would have had my business for sure. In my opinion, based on the responsiveness of this dealer and his willingness to make an out-of-state deal easy for me, I strongly recommend Jake at Chapman in Henderson NV for buyers in the Southwest region, especially buyers from CA, particularly if not financing or only partially financing as the pricing offered was not contingent on financing, etc. Got permission from Jake to post his cell number here. It's 949-743-4232. The dealership phone is 702-558-3000. MSRP 52790. Asked 48525. It's very important to note that this dealer had the lowest price I could find anywhere on the West Coast, because their discount didn't require financing. I have a feeling that this dealer would respond favorably to further negation if accepting dealer financing.

1/11/2022. KENT AT PETERSON AUTO GROUP (NAMPA ID). I contacted this dealer after seeing the Peterson name come up a lot in these forums. This Idaho dealer would have been close enough to fly to for the deal, though I would not have been thrilled about staying there long enough for break-in before making the 8 hour drive back to Seattle. EXCELLENT RESPONSE FROM THIS DEALER. His price was the lowest among all dealerships I contacted, but in a way that didn't work for me because I was not seeking dealer financing. I learned that the way this dealer offers such low prices is because of their profit sharing regarding the financing product. Without the deeper discount by virtue of financing, the Peterson deal is invoice minus 1% -- the same as I secured in Auburn. FOR THE BEST DEAL THROUGH THIS DEALER YOU MUST FINANCE 95%. This is not to say I don't recommend this dealer -- their pricing structure (requirement to finance) simply didn't benefit me. There appears to be nothing special about this dealer other than what I perceive to be the profit-sharing of commissions of the financing product. Seemed professional, and appear to have well-established processes in place for dealing with out-of-state buyers.

1/10/2022. RYLEE AT DWAYNE LANE (EVERETT WA). This is not a good review. I contacted this dealer after seeing a lot of intriguing posts here from Paul, who works at this dealership. He was off work yesterday; Rylee took my call and sounded competent. During the phone call with this dealership, after checking with her manager, Rylee told me that they'll accept the Tread Lightly affiliate. I drove there ready to buy using the Tread Lightly affiliate, but instead of a clean deal I got nothing but shenanigans. Told me they don't accept Tread Lightly affiliates and asked if I work at Microsoft for affiliate programs other than Tread Lightly. Rylee did tell me during my visit that invoice minus 1% would be about $3400 savings, but that the Dwayne Lane dealership won't honor it. I asked for the equivalent through combined discounts on MSRP, accessories, and a strong trade-in offer, and got the standard runaround. Other salesman came in trying to negotiate me and he kept running around while Rylee was off with other customers. Final offer from this dealer was 1.9% off MSRP (that's right: off MSRP, not off invoice). A real garbage offer in comparison to what I was promised on the phone. I walked. For fairness to this dealer, I contacted them today to see if Paul was in, to try to salvage the deal. He was not, and the woman who took my call texted me as she texted Paul- the final disposition being the same offer as yesterday. Despite all the posts in these forums from Paul about how great his dealership is, it does not seem to be a good dealership, and I RECOMMEND AVOIDING THEM on the basis of their shady sales tactics and pricing that is not competitive. I recommend buying at Bud Clary in Auburn instead (see above). In case anyone in the area likes what they've heard about this dealer and wants to shop here despite my negative review, on a positive note: they were really friendly as they attempted to take advantage of me. Customer service was pretty good- tactics and pricing were not. Someone else previously posted bad review of this dealership. I shouldn't have wasted my time.
Thanks for the updated information on Bud Claary. It sounds like you got a pretty good deal. Any idea if they only price special orders in this way?

Cheers!

--jj_WA--
Sponsored

Daniel-WA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR ordered
Thanks for the updated information on Bud Claary. It sounds like you got a pretty good deal. Any idea if they only price special orders in this way?

Cheers!

--jj_WA--
Hey JJ!

Not sure, but here are my thoughts on your question-

1. Bud Clary was QUICK on their willingness to accept the Tread Lightly affiliate and provided the most transparent Configuration Preview, as it displayed all the other pricing in addition to MSRP (FWP aka invoice, etc). I feel like this, in itself, is a good sign.

2. The Tread Lightly affiliate is not limited to custom orders. Therefore, I wouldn't imagine the dealership to deny use of it on inventory on-hand.

3. I found that various dealers are charging anywhere from MSRP to MSRP plus $10K for inventory on-hand, and it appears that a lot of that inventory exists as a result of custom order buyers falling through on completing the purchase, thereby leaving the dealer with a vehicle to sell to someone else. I suspect that this inventory appears to be priced higher (1) because the dealers "can" and (2) so the dealers can recover from having inventory sitting around. Dealers seemed to often use the term "pandemic" as an excuse for jacking up the prices of on-hand inventory, but fail to explain why a pandemic is not affecting the price of custom builds. Please note, as far as Bud Clary goes, I didn't ask about on-hand inventory nor talk about any pandemic. I was in and out of there so fast you'd have thought I went in to use the restroom. No kidding.

Maybe consider texting Aydin (206-631-9667) to ask? He was responding to me very very quickly on the day of our transaction, but given that it's a holiday weekend I'm not sure how fast he'll be. I'll be contacting him on Tuesday, anyway, to see if he has my VIN.

Have a super day! -Daniel

jjmarkus

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR to replace 2018 JLUR, 2020 GMC Sierra, 2019 Subaru Crosstrek, 2007 Shelby GT500
Check your emails and spam folders! I'm surprised at an offer email that I received from Jeep this weekend. A $750 bonus cash offer that includes Wrangler! Plus, it can be used on a purchase or on an order! (No Rubi, 392 or 4xe) Rarely is Wrangler included in these offers, and I've never seen one that could be used on a Wrangler order.

$750 Bonus Cash Allowance valid toward the purchase of a new 2021 Jeep Gladiator (excluding Rubicon/Mojave), Wrangler (excluding Rubicon/Rubicon 392/Wrangler 4xe) and Grand Cherokee WK/WL (including SRT® & Trackhawk® ), and 2022 Jeep Gladiator (excluding Rubicon / Mojave), Wrangler (excluding Rubicon 392) and Grand Cherokee WL (excluding 4xe). Must order or take retail delivery by 2/28/2022. Not eligible for lease, or available to the general public.

GatorWrangler

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR XR
Check your emails and spam folders! I'm surprised at an offer email that I received from Jeep this weekend. A $750 bonus cash offer that includes Wrangler! Plus, it can be used on a purchase or on an order! (No Rubi, 392 or 4xe) Rarely is Wrangler included in these offers, and I've never seen one that could be used on a Wrangler order.

$750 Bonus Cash Allowance valid toward the purchase of a new 2021 Jeep Gladiator (excluding Rubicon/Mojave), Wrangler (excluding Rubicon/Rubicon 392/Wrangler 4xe) and Grand Cherokee WK/WL (including SRT® & Trackhawk® ), and 2022 Jeep Gladiator (excluding Rubicon / Mojave), Wrangler (excluding Rubicon 392) and Grand Cherokee WL (excluding 4xe). Must order or take retail delivery by 2/28/2022. Not eligible for lease, or available to the general public.
I hope I receive that. I received one last year around this time but not yet this one.
What day did you receive it?

Last edited:

jjmarkus

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR to replace 2018 JLUR, 2020 GMC Sierra, 2019 Subaru Crosstrek, 2007 Shelby GT500
I hope I receive that. I received one last year around this time but not yet this one.
What day did you receive it?
Just checked, it actually came Friday the 14th at 7:30pm, I didn't see it until today. Not sure how I might have been chosen to receive it.

Sponsored

PAINKILLER

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet 2500HD, 2022 Wrangler JL Ordered
So Im new to the forum and just ordered my first Wrangler. I combed the forum and got so much information that helped me make an informed decision and save a lot of money on my order. I truly thank those that have shared their experience and dealer recommendations. I want to share my experience in hopes it will help someone else as it helped me.

I live in Florida and first looked close to my home at Firkins CJDR. They basically wouldn't go much under MSRP as many Florida dealers I have heard about. Basically said sorry these are in high demand take it or leave it. I understood from other posts Lakeland Jeep would go under invoice but I emailed the contact and never got a response back. I decided to purchase out of state and explore several of the recommended dealers that offer below invoice.

I first contacted Mall of Georgia CJDR and Mike was quick to respond but then never got back to me as he said with pricing. I did not attempt to contact him again to push him to help me. Figured I shouldn't have to do this if I am the buyer.

Next I contacted Gupton CJDR who responded back to me in like 5 minutes. Very quick to respond to each communication. Straight forward pricing and best pricing I found as well. Basically 7% below invoice if you finance with them and use the tread lightly discount. Definitely worth the extra distance to pick up or even ship if I desire. I would recommend them to anyone looking to order a new Jeep. Their contact Daniel is on many threads and all the great reviews seem accurate so far. Highly recommend.

Last edited:

Daniel-WA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR ordered
So Im new to the forum and just ordered my first Wrangler. I combed the forum and got so much information that helped me make an informed decision and save a lot of money on my order. I truly thank those that have shared their experience and dealer recommendations. I want to share my experience in hopes it will help someone else as it helped me.

I live in Florida and first looked close to my home at Ferkins CJDR. They basically wouldn't go much under MSRP as many Florida dealers I have heard about. Basically said sorry these are in high demand take it or leave it. I understood from other posts Lakeland Jeep would go under invoice but I emailed the contact and never got a response back. I decided to purchase out of state and explore several of the recommended dealers that offer below invoice.

I first contacted Mall of Georgia CJDR and Mike was quick to respond but then never got back to me as he said with pricing. I did not attempt to contact him again to push him to help me. Figured I shouldn't have to do this if I am the buyer.

Next I contacted Gupton CJDR who responded back to me in like 5 minutes. Very quick to respond to each communication. Straight forward pricing and best pricing I found as well. Basically 7% below invoice if you finance with them and use the tread lightly discount. Definitely worth the extra distance to pick up or even ship if I desire. I would recommend them to anyone looking to order a new Jeep. Their contact Daniel is on many threads and all the great reviews seem accurate so far. Highly recommend.
Congrats on the order, so happy for you to get hooked up with a good deal!

WannFly

First Name
Priyo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4Xe - ordered, 2019 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber security
If you are in Georgia or nearby, order from Mike Clinnin [email protected], at Mall of Georgia CDJR . awesome guy and no haggling discounts. i got 7% below invoice including 1% for affiliate program, price protection, another 1% for financing with their dealership. if nothing you will get 5% no haggle discount.

thats a total of 11.6% below my MSRP and then there is the fed money. in this market, i doubt you can do better than this (or may be I am wrong, I have certainly been proven wrong more than once...today). anyway, the buying experience was awesome too. the finance gave a 2 min lecture on dealership warranty, i declined, he didnt push it. i was out of the finance guys office in 15 mins.

when i went to the dealership, all in all i spent like less than 2 hours there, which included a detailed inspection of the jeep i bought and Mike walking me through everything in the jeep . cant recommend him enough

Preditorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
For all my Texas Brothers and Sisters out there.

Cecil in Burnet, Tx.
Contact is Wes Tumley

Now this dealership does not offer below invoice like the other known ones do, but what they are extremely good at is the trade in value they give for your current vehicles, especially Jeeps.

To give a personal example, I called Chapman and Gupton for a quote, and while it was pretty good without a trade, they would only offer me 38k(Seems to be the standard amount) for a trade in on my 21 Willys with 13k miles.

Cecil on the other hand offered me 45.5k, yes you heard that right, a 7.5k difference. When adding the affiliate discount to their offer it dropped the price of a new order JLURD with all major options other than the steel bumper and safety groups to 53.5k out the door. I even have the sky one touch added to that order.

My order and 2 other family members had the same experience, massive trade in offers but no under invoice, which in the end was actually lower than the typical 5% under invoice we see around now. Just keep in mind that these kind of deals only work with a trade in, you dont have to finance with them or anything like that, they don't mark up either, its all about that ride you give them.

Other food for thought is that you can forgo leather seats to retain the colored dash interior (Now $1895 from the factory) and add Katzkin custom leather seats for the same price(Well mine were anyway), and since Cecil is an installer for those seats, you can even have them roll it into the loan, effectively bypassing the limited options given to you by the factory with no or little added cost based on seat options.

I asked Wes and the manager if they would honor a deal like I was given to others from the forum, and he said he would so, just mention you heard about them from "The Jeep Forum", I kept it simple I know, and he will apply the same deal.

I know this is not a one size fit all type of dealership, but I feel it's worth mentioning if others are in the same boat as I was in.

Good hunting Gentlemen.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Cecil in Burnet, Tx.
Contact is Wes Tumley

Now this dealership does not offer below invoice like the other known ones do, but what they are extremely good at is the trade in value they give for your current vehicles, especially Jeeps.

To give a personal example, I called Chapman and Gupton for a quote, and while it was pretty good without a trade, they would only offer me 38k(Seems to be the standard amount) for a trade in on my 21 Willys with 13k miles.

Cecil on the other hand offered me 45.5k, yes you heard that right, a 7.5k difference. When adding the affiliate discount to their offer it dropped the price of a new order JLURD with all major options other than the steel bumper and safety groups to 53.5k out the door. I even have the sky one touch added to that order.

My order and 2 other family members had the same experience, massive trade in offers but no under invoice, which in the end was actually lower than the typical 5% under invoice we see around now. Just keep in mind that these kind of deals only work with a trade in, you dont have to finance with them or anything like that, they don't mark up either, its all about that ride you give them.

Other food for thought is that you can forgo leather seats to retain the colored dash interior (Now $1895 from the factory) and add Katzkin custom leather seats for the same price(Well mine were anyway), and since Cecil is an installer for those seats, you can even have them roll it into the loan, effectively bypassing the limited options given to you by the factory with no or little added cost based on seat options.

I asked Wes and the manager if they would honor a deal like I was given to others from the forum, and he said he would so, just mention you heard about them from "The Jeep Forum", I kept it simple I know, and he will apply the same deal.

I know this is not a one size fit all type of dealership, but I feel it's worth mentioning if others are in the same boat as I was in.

Good hunting Gentlemen.
So is he locking in trade value for when new is delivered or do you need to hand over now?

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

Cecil in Burnet, Tx.
Contact is Wes Tumley

Good hunting Gentlemen.
Did you shop your trade to Carmax, Vroom, Carvana, etc?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
It's locked in for when it is delivered.
That’s a sweet deal. 👍🏻 Who knows where the resale market is going 3-4 months from now. Did you ever compare vroom or any online companies?

Preditorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Did you shop your trade to Carmax, Vroom, Carvana, etc?
Yes, best offer was Vroom, but they were still 4.5k under the trade in offer, but that would still mean $4,661 in taxes if I were to go with the normal ones after accepting such a deal. So if the 5% under invoice is ~56.5k, then after taxes it would be back up to ~61k, which doesnt seem like a good deal.

I am not sure if its a location thing or what, but practically everyone in Austin wants to gimp the trade ins, which makes zero sense given the current market.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Yes, best offer was Vroom, but they were still 4.5k under the trade in offer, but that would still mean $4,661 in taxes if I were to go with the normal ones after accepting such a deal. So if the 5% under invoice is ~56.5k, then after taxes it would be back up to ~61k, which doesnt seem like a good deal.

I am not sure if its a location thing or what, but practically everyone in Austin wants to gimp the trade ins, which makes zero sense given the current market.
Can always sell it yourself.
Sponsored