Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Which dealer to buy from? Some dealers are close in pricing. The best are 4%-7% under invoice depending on stipulations and doc fees. I suspect it will boil down to reputation, customer service, transparency. And of course location. Deciding where to go is as important as who to buy from. Why not make a adventure and fun trip out of it? Which dealers with great pricing are located in fun areas?

Though prices will fluctuate, these dealers are transparent, have offered great prices, and great customer service. Please add on if you have experienced a great deal recently from a dealer you like.

Criswell in MD
Gupton in TN
Jim Butler in MO
Ed Martin in IN
Granger Motors in IA
Chapman in PA
Sponsored

wesjtx

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Highly Recommend Southfork CDJR in Manvel/Pearland, TX. Talked to owner (Chris) through one of the local Jeep FB pages, then he had me work with his sales manager Alex to order exactly what I wanted. My salesperson was Elvira. All were outstanding to work with, and I had my financing done outside with my credit union and due to that I spent less than an hour in the dealership at pickup. Great pricing, great service and just a great atmosphere there. Highly recommend.

21JLURDG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Gecko
I know this is a recommended dealer thread, but I’d like to share both my bad and good experiences in the special order of my 2021 JLURD. I picked the nearest local dealers and then I went with some recommendations from this forum. I started off with the local SoCal dealers.

Lake Elsinore CJDR: I asked for a $1000 price reduction, but they would not budge from MSRP. As I started to walk out, the salesman said that I was cheap for not wanting to pay a few extra dollars each month over the life of the loan.

Hemet CDJR: I asked for a $500 price reduction, and the nice salesman told me that they were doing me a favor by offering the vehicle at MSRP. He explained how they normally mark up every Wrangler $5000-8000 above MSRP because of the high demand for them.

DCH CDJRF Temecula: Too much demand to consider anything below MSRP and it might have to be above MSRP.

Then I went to the web & phones.

Gupton Motors in Springfield, TN: Daniel responded to my e-mail in 19 hours with a complete price breakdown and the lowest price, close to 13% below MSRP w/TL discount, plus $500 doc fee and required dealer financing. Only the distance kept me from making the deal.

Dennis Dillon DCJ in Caldwell, ID: Raymond Cruz quoted 11% below MSRP, plus required dealer financing and some obligatory $649 safety light flasher—I really don’t like someone forcing me to use their vehicle mods.

Peterson CDJR in Nampa, ID: Kent Shurtleff quoted 12% below MSRP w/TL, plus $400 doc and required dealer financing. I bought my Wrangler from him. He was sometimes a little slow answering e-mails, but generally I could call and get hold of him or his assistant Joseph. A driver picked me up at the airport and took me directly to the agency to inspect the vehicle, took care of the financing paperwork with Jeremy, and Kent & Joseph gave me a quick tour of the vehicle before I left for the drive home. It was a good, clean transaction and definitely recommend him.

Sponsored

Lakeland Dodge Boys

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, Pacifica, Grand Cherokee, 19 JL Sport.
I bought my Rubicon from Lakeland and was very happy. No other fees besides the doc fee. I live 3 hours South of Lakeland and they even delivered my Jeep to my door step. Not sure if they still do that. You will be very happy with Lakeland.
Hi guys. This is Mike P from Lakeland Dodge. As I been reading it is very true that Florida has the worst Dealer fee charge. The taxes, tag and other state fees will be the same anywhere you go. There is only a few dealers giving out these great deals for you guys. I am giving 6% under invoice or 5% if the vehicle is over 60k. These prices exclude the 392. These I will only do 1% under invoice. I guess what I am saying is that is up to you guys to keep this going for all of us so that we can keep doing what we do and get you the best prices possible. Thanks for the support.

rriglesias

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Altitude
Hi guys. This is Mike P from Lakeland Dodge. As I been reading it is very true that Florida has the worst Dealer fee charge. The taxes, tag and other state fees will be the same anywhere you go. There is only a few dealers giving out these great deals for you guys. I am giving 6% under invoice or 5% if the vehicle is over 60k. These prices exclude the 392. These I will only do 1% under invoice. I guess what I am saying is that is up to you guys to keep this going for all of us so that we can keep doing what we do and get you the best prices possible. Thanks for the support.
Hi Mike, I sent you an email for a sahara quote, ordering right away.

Lakeland Dodge Boys

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, Pacifica, Grand Cherokee, 19 JL Sport.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
I highly recommend Chapman in Horsham PA +1

Roadglide

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Hi Mike, I sent you an email for a sahara quote, ordering right away.
I bought my Rubicon JL from Lakeland Jeep and was extremely happy. The dealer fee is a bit high in FL but that is not Lakeland's fault. Remember everybody that the dealer has to make a living just like the rest of us. I highly recommend Lakeland.

Sponsored

JEEPT

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
I bought my Rubicon JL from Lakeland Jeep and was extremely happy. The dealer fee is a bit high in FL but that is not Lakeland's fault. Remember everybody that the dealer has to make a living just like the rest of us. I highly recommend Lakeland.
It is their fault. Car dealers are not required to charge a dealer fee. The dealer sets their own dealer fee. It's additional profit. They can charge what ever they can get away with unless there is a limit set by the state. If the dealer fee is $995, that's 2% on a $50K vehicle. So your 6% under invoice deal just got knocked down to 4% under invoice.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
It is their fault. Car dealers are not required to charge a dealer fee. The dealer sets their own dealer fee. It's additional profit. They can charge what ever they can get away with unless there is a limit set by the state. If the dealer fee is $995, that's 2% on a $50K vehicle. So your 6% under invoice deal just got knocked down to 4% under invoice.
Totally agree.

21GraniteJLUR

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Has anyone used Gupton for anything besides wranglers? Vroom is offering me 7k more than I paid for my 2021 JLUR Manual so was thinking of just ordering another one (I used Koons for this one and got 7.5% under invoice in March). Was thinking of maybe a Ram 2500 this time though

Rugradu8

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler TJ
The dealer fee or processing fee, as they call it in Virginia, is an extra fee they tack on for additional profit. One Honda dealer wanted 799 to "process" some forms. I told him I wasn't paying that much for someone to print out a couple of forms. They told me it was the law and they couldn't negotiate the price. I got up and walked out. Half an hour later they called and offered to take $800 off price of vehicle instead of lowering processing fee. They make their money in the service department and from customers that don't like negotiating.

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
I know this is a recommended dealer thread, but I’d like to share both my bad and good experiences in the special order of my 2021 JLURD. I picked the nearest local dealers and then I went with some recommendations from this forum. I started off with the local SoCal dealers.

Lake Elsinore CJDR: I asked for a $1000 price reduction, but they would not budge from MSRP. As I started to walk out, the salesman said that I was cheap for not wanting to pay a few extra dollars each month over the life of the loan.

Hemet CDJR: I asked for a $500 price reduction, and the nice salesman told me that they were doing me a favor by offering the vehicle at MSRP. He explained how they normally mark up every Wrangler $5000-8000 above MSRP because of the high demand for them.

DCH CDJRF Temecula: Too much demand to consider anything below MSRP and it might have to be above MSRP.

Then I went to the web & phones.

Gupton Motors in Springfield, TN: Daniel responded to my e-mail in 19 hours with a complete price breakdown and the lowest price, close to 13% below MSRP w/TL discount, plus $500 doc fee and required dealer financing. Only the distance kept me from making the deal.

Dennis Dillon DCJ in Caldwell, ID: Raymond Cruz quoted 11% below MSRP, plus required dealer financing and some obligatory $649 safety light flasher—I really don’t like someone forcing me to use their vehicle mods.

Peterson CDJR in Nampa, ID: Kent Shurtleff quoted 12% below MSRP w/TL, plus $400 doc and required dealer financing. I bought my Wrangler from him. He was sometimes a little slow answering e-mails, but generally I could call and get hold of him or his assistant Joseph. A driver picked me up at the airport and took me directly to the agency to inspect the vehicle, took care of the financing paperwork with Jeremy, and Kent & Joseph gave me a quick tour of the vehicle before I left for the drive home. It was a good, clean transaction and definitely recommend him.
Dennis Dillion in Caldwell is a joke with their bs finance .. they tried the “max 10k down with minimum 7 year drag out bs” I picked up my 21 jlurd from Rydell fully loaded with zero down ,zero percent and a better price …
Sponsored