First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red JLUR, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Construction
Nampa Idaho (Peterson CDJR) is really good from what I’ve heard/seen on the forums
They were good for my first JL purchase, and horrible for my new Wrangler 392 purchase. Way more finance gimmicks, extremely dumb finance employees, and didn’t tell me about said gimmicks until Jeep arrived at dealer from ordering. Kent was super nice but didn’t give me all the details up front like he did on the first JL we bought from him. I’m done doing business with Peterson’s.

vasdimpop

First Name
Vasil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 JLUR (being built)
I've sold my JLR and will be in the market for a JLU Willys once the 22s drop; I had initially bought from Tuttle-Click but after my last experience and the vehicle that was sold to me, I won't do business with them again. I'm also interested if anyone knows of another SoCal deal that deals with below invoice? Not looking for a Rubi or 392 or anything like that.

Mrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tj, jl
I am also looking for a good so cal dealer for a 392. Haven't seen any recommendations lately, would love any info. Thanks

Sponsored

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
I've sold my JLR and will be in the market for a JLU Willys once the 22s drop; I had initially bought from Tuttle-Click but after my last experience and the vehicle that was sold to me, I won't do business with them again. I'm also interested if anyone knows of another SoCal deal that deals with below invoice? Not looking for a Rubi or 392 or anything like that.
Will you expand a little on your experience with Tuttle Click? I recently bought there from Rob Trachtman, and had a great experience. Did you have issues with service?

vasdimpop

First Name
Vasil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 JLUR (being built)

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Last edited:

Gwagwv

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, 21 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Picked up my JLUR from Gupton on Saturday. Everything went very smooth from the airport through the financing. 1st time my numbers matched the dealer’s sale price exactly. 8% off invoice w/ their financing. Can’t beat it!!!

vasdimpop

First Name
Vasil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 JLUR (being built)
The only reason I'd take another go is because it's the only darn 4x4 with a stick that can be flat towed and under 5k lbs

All I can say is, WOW! I took delivery of mine three days after you did, and I have none of those issues. I am so sorry for what you have gone through. I am not sure I would ever buy another Jeep, or Chrysler product after all that. Good luck with the next one.

Sponsored

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
They were good for my first JL purchase, and horrible for my new Wrangler 392 purchase. Way more finance gimmicks, extremely dumb finance employees, and didn’t tell me about said gimmicks until Jeep arrived at dealer from ordering. Kent was super nice but didn’t give me all the details up front like he did on the first JL we bought from him. I’m done doing business with Peterson’s.
What happened? What are these finance gimmicks?

MORubi

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
What happened? What are these finance gimmicks?
You can only get the good discount if you finance almost all of the loan, you have to use their group of lenders for at least 6 months before refinance, if you live out of state they want you to pay/finance sales tax through them on the loan and then they pay local dmv. Also, they messed up on the paperwork out of state and sent paperwork to state dmv office and not the local one so that sucked. They waited until the last minute to send final paperwork and check to the dmv so I would have to pay the late fee at the dmv(Which my wife argued and they are covering the fee). They did the late fee thing twice. That could be somewhat eliminated if you went to dealer but not all of it. It appears as if they want a dumba** buying with them. They were a little bit better the first time but wow they lost my business this time. I’d rather pay more locally.

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
You can only get the good discount if you finance almost all of the loan, you have to use their group of lenders for at least 6 months before refinance, if you live out of state they want you to pay/finance sales tax through them on the loan and then they pay local dmv. Also, they messed up on the paperwork out of state and sent paperwork to state dmv office and not the local one so that sucked. They waited until the last minute to send final paperwork and check to the dmv so I would have to pay the late fee at the dmv(Which my wife argued and they are covering the fee). They did the late fee thing twice. That could be somewhat eliminated if you went to dealer but not all of it. It appears as if they want a dumba** buying with them. They were a little bit better the first time but wow they lost my business this time. I’d rather pay more locally.
That is sad to hear. Don’t blame yourself, I would be mad as well.
I initially was going to get financing thru them but have decided to get my own. He said I would have to pay a bit more since I am not using their financing but haven’t heard from him yet. If anyone is interested, I can post my progress.

MORubi

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
That is sad to hear. Don’t blame yourself, I would be mad as well.
I initially was going to get financing thru them but have decided to get my own. He said I would have to pay a bit more since I am not using their financing but haven’t heard from him yet. If anyone is interested, I can post my progress.
I hope you have better luck than I did this go around. Kent is a good guy but is super busy and it is hard to get status updates. Wish I would have had all the info on the table as well rather than waiting for 3 & 1/2 months then getting told that in order to get the price I wanted, I had to do x,y,z.

mopac001

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sahara Snazzberry
I hope you have better luck than I did this go around. Kent is a good guy but is super busy and it is hard to get status updates. Wish I would have had all the info on the table as well rather than waiting for 3 & 1/2 months then getting told that in order to get the price I wanted, I had to do x,y,z.
These "second sales guys" in "the business office" need to figure out times are changing. I paid the fee I was told I'd have to pay when I ordered the vehicle if I skipped dealer financing. I was going to go with them but wanted the loan paperwork to review in advance. Reasonable in my opinion if I'm financing a $50K vehicle. But I couldn't get it in advance - because they're playing games with the rate based on how much of the "business office" add ons you take when you have to run the second salesman gauntlet disguised as a "business office guy". I wanted to enjoy buying the second most expensive thing since my house so when they told me that before I made the 2 hour drive I said forget it. Paid the upcharge and financed with my credit union. Tesla and Carvana are taking the hassle out of buying and these guys better figure out how to do that as well or they aren't going to be there in a few years.
Sponsored