Sponsored

Recommended Dealers List

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
I ordered from Daniel Gupton yesterday. Very responsive, exchanged a few emails to confirm what i wanted, put a deposit down and received a VON right away. That part couldnā€™t possibly have been any easier!!

Since Iā€™m out of state and not knowing how long these builds will take (i added a bunch of things) i am selling my current truck to Vroom online while the values for used are so high. But, Iā€™m pretty darned nervous that my build will be the one that takes three months and have created a 1 car household, but YOLO i guess ha!
I also ordered from Daniel on 7/12. Getting the XR package. Mine won't start for awhile. I also sold to Vroom. In a perfect world I would have waited until I was close to delivery. I'm borrowing a car for who knows how long. The tricky part is my state gives a huge sales tax break if you get a new vehicle within 45 days of selling your other vehicle. I'm going to be way past that when my Jeep arrives. I have confirmed that I can use my "Sold Order" date as my sale date along with my deposit receipt. My Rubi is $55k after Gupton discounts and I sold my truck for $34,600. Only paying on $20k. Huge break. I just couldn't wait until September or October to sell. Afraid the high used car market might crash while I was waiting. Paid $32,500 in 2019 and sold for $34,600 in June. I had to pull the trigger.

BigLew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevrolet Bolt Premier, 2021 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired-Banking-Insurance-Coal Miner-Maintenance...a bit of everything! :)
I also ordered from Daniel on 7/12. Getting the XR package. Mine won't start for awhile. I also sold to Vroom. In a perfect world I would have waited until I was close to delivery. I'm borrowing a car for who knows how long. The tricky part is my state gives a huge sales tax break if you get a new vehicle within 45 days of selling your other vehicle. I'm going to be way past that when my Jeep arrives. I have confirmed that I can use my "Sold Order" date as my sale date along with my deposit receipt. My Rubi is $55k after Gupton discounts and I sold my truck for $34,600. Only paying on $20k. Huge break. I just couldn't wait until September or October to sell. Afraid the high used car market might crash while I was waiting. Paid $32,500 in 2019 and sold for $34,600 in June. I had to pull the trigger.
I just did the same thing, purchased for a tad under $20k and sold it to Carvana for a tad over $6500 profit. Crazy, crazy times.

TMD78

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Back again with JL#3, 2 door Willys
Iā€™m in nearly the exact same position on all fronts. When hashing out all the numbers, i factored in the loss due to the same tax concern and it was still a way better deal than anything i can do locally. Just signed the Vroom docs so going to be really interesting waiting for build info with no replacement veh. Wife and I will manage Iā€™m sure.

BigLew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Iā€™m in nearly the exact same position on all fronts. When hashing out all the numbers, i factored in the loss due to the same tax concern and it was still a way better deal than anything i can do locally. Just signed the Vroom docs so going to be really interesting waiting for build info with no replacement veh. Wife and I will manage Iā€™m sure.
Gooooo Steelers! :)

Sponsored

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
Tri-City Jeep in Eden NC, Experience?

Anybody ordered and picked up your Jeep from Travis at Tri-City in NC?
  • How long did it take from factory to dealer?
  • How was your experience?
  • How long did it take after your arrival at dealer to driving off with your Jeep?
  • How was your vehicles condition? Cleanliness, mileage, etc...
  • How was finance experience? Did they honor your price on your buyerā€™s order? Discounts, incentives etc...
Thanks in Advance!!
Roger

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
+1 for Neil Carpenter at Demontrond in Conroe TX.

Neil was responsive through the process and very understanding of my frustrations with the build time and lack of communication from jeep chat/customer care. He gave me 4% off the 4xe which was better than I was getting from anyone nearby the DFW area, and didn't require dealer financing.

He moved his schedule and worked a Friday evening for me to come pick it up when I was looking at having to come a week later instead due to some family commitments.

The day of pickup he let me know what documentation to send in ahead. When I arrived, he let me take it for a spin the moment I stepped foot on the lot and was patient while I went through my checklist. After that, he had me in and out in under 30 minutes.

chadster1

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping for a Wrangler
+1 for Neil Carpenter at Demontrond in Conroe TX.

Neil was responsive through the process and very understanding of my frustrations with the build time and lack of communication from jeep chat/customer care. He gave me 4% off the 4xe which was better than I was getting from anyone nearby the DFW area, and didn't require dealer financing.

He moved his schedule and worked a Friday evening for me to come pick it up when I was looking at having to come a week later instead due to some family commitments.

The day of pickup he let me know what documentation to send in ahead. When I arrived, he let me take it for a spin the moment I stepped foot on the lot and was patient while I went through my checklist. After that, he had me in and out in under 30 minutes.
Do you have an email for Neil?

AUeng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered a JLU Willys Sport today from Gupton for 8% under invoice (10.35% below MSRP). I worked with Walter for my order.

Sponsored

BigLew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I ordered a JLU Willys Sport today from Gupton for 8% under invoice (10.35% below MSRP). I worked with Walter for my order.
Walter was the person that showed us the Jeep and went over everything. One nice gentleman! Really the whole team was nice.

SteveTigers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe
Iā€™m doing the same thing. Selling my 4 month old rubicon with 5,000 miles to Vroom and ordered another one. All of my paperwork is done, and Vroom is letting me delay the pick up. I think Iā€™m 4 weeks out at a minimum until delivery, so weā€™ll see how long they let me drag it out.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Iā€™m doing the same thing. Selling my 4 month old rubicon with 5,000 miles to Vroom and ordered another one. All of my paperwork is done, and Vroom is letting me delay the pick up. I think Iā€™m 4 weeks out at a minimum until delivery, so weā€™ll see how long they let me drag it out.
Whatā€™re gettin?

Mtrctylarry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I agree that the Vroom used car values are the be around, but when I looked into the details of selling a car to them it looked pretty scaryā€¦they want you to sign off on your Title, mail it to them and they will arrange pickupā€¦you donā€™t get your money until days after the car arrives to them and they inspect it.
They also make a very clear point to tell you , they are not responsible for damage during shipment , that would be between you and the carrier. Really leaves you hanging out therešŸ˜³

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone dealt with Kent at Peterson Jeep in Idaho. Contacted him couple days ago and after initial contact information sharing and build info havenā€™t heard anything. Anyone know if thatā€™s how they are in corresponding once order is placed? Howā€™s their customer service?
Communication can be a bit spotty. I'll shoot him a line if you haven't heard anything.
Sponsored