Sponsored

Recommended Dealers List

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Being an Engineer, I'm curious by nature, I can't help it, I over-research & over-think pretty much everything.

How Gupton offers such great prices is my latest obsession. I'm guessing it is turn and earn. Possibly making hardly anything on each Wrangler sold, but scoring really big on sales volume bonus thresholds from the manufacturer, which I understand can be hundreds of thousands of dollars at a high volume dealership.

The article linked below delves into T&E and sounds kinda familiar?

The article seems to vilify the turn & earn practice, which I don't understand. My closest local Jeep dealer is in a city almost 3 times the size of tiny Springfield, TN and they haven't gotten a new Wrangler in months, while at the same time it sounds like they flow into Guptons almost weekly. There is nothing stopping these other dealers from marketing and turning more inventory just like Gupton does.

In the end, I really don't care how they do it. I just know it was a very easy process for me and that meant a lot this time around.

Turn and Earn Article
https://www.google.com/amp/s/insight.kellogg.northwestern.edu/article/the_trick_to_turn_and_earn/amp

Also, if you are interested, Ray of Your Auto Advocate, a retired 40+ year veteran of the car business, explains Turn and Earn pretty well. YAA has a lot of really good info on their YouTube channel.

sacmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler on order, LC 100 series, GX460
Non-military, so I don't, but yeah I'm hoping the rate is in range of what Jeep shows on the website. 2.9% with 60 month financing. But if it's bad I'll def shop around after the fact.

Great to know, thank you!
I got 2.79/60 from Gupton through Northwest Federal Credit Union.

Sponsored

wrc777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
I have had an ordered Jeep sitting at Gupton almost a week (ordered 5/27) and I can barely get them to answer email so I can get a trade value and get financing done.

wantingtobuyonetouch

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018-2020 Wrangler w One Touch Roof
I have had an ordered Jeep sitting at Gupton almost a week (ordered 5/27) and I can barely get them to answer email so I can get a trade value and get financing done.
I'm going on two weeks and will finally be able to get it later this week.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Still waiting on mine to finally arrive at Gupton (original quote was 6/25-7/09, now 7/05-7/19).

I did contact Daniel about taxes, and asked if they could calculate and roll the Texas tax into my financed amount, this was his response:

Yes sir we would provide you with a 30 day temporary tag to get you home. You will then get all of the paperwork in the mail around 10 days to 2 weeks after purchase with all of the documentation from us that you should just take to your local DMV and give to them to license the vehicle!

We can gladly roll the tax into the financed amount. That is not a problem at all sir!!

Will report back once I've actually picked it up (hopefully this weekend or next). I've tried not to hammer Daniel with requests, but typically get something back every ~2-3 days. I was also able to call the dealership and speak to Matt in Parts Dept to have a Sunrider waiting for me as well - figure I might as well enjoy the ~12 hr drive home.

timshel

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Tried Daniel several times now, no response. Sad
What email address are you using? I've been doing email only and given the number of orders he's juggling the response times have been great.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
So your 4% under invoice just got bumped to 2% under invoice. Gupton's dealer
fee is half that. So your 8% under deal actually becomes 7%. You do the math.
I would make the drive for a $2500 difference, and I did last month.
What 4% under invoice? I was responding to #biglew in FL. He mentioned he lived in FL. DOC fees are regulated by each state. FL has the highest fees in the nation so that should be taken into consideration when calculating cost.

I got my last JLR for a legit 7% under invoice. I am buying a 2022 whenever they are available. Hopefully they will be selling for 6%-8% under invoice also. I traveled to buy a few cars so it's nothing new for me. I make at a fun road trip. Congrats on your order!

Futura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata RF, Ridgeline
Our JLR is in the garage. Worked with Travis Reynolds, Sales Manger at Tri-City Automotive in Eden NC. Everything met or exceeded my expectations! Thanks again Travis and the entire Tri-City team!

JEEPT

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
What 4% under invoice? I was responding to #biglew in FL. He mentioned he lived in FL. DOC fees are regulated by each state. FL has the highest fees in the nation so that should be taken into consideration when calculating cost.

I got my last JLR for a legit 7% under invoice. I am buying a 2022 whenever they are available. Hopefully they will be selling for 6%-8% under invoice also. I traveled to buy a few cars so it's nothing new for me. I make at a fun road trip. Congrats on your order!
I had to go back and look at the context of the post. I think I was responding to the post above yours and realized I was on the wrong thread after it was to late.
He said that his deal was 4% under invoice, with a $995 dealer fee. So the high dealer fee
is actually making his deal around 2% under invoice. Gupton's dealer fee is half that at $499.
Which equates to around 1% of invoice on a $50K vehicle. 8% - 1% is 7% vs his 4% - 2% is 2%.
I live also live in Florida. But, for a 5% difference I made the drive. I also ordered a new Grand
Cherokee from Gupton that should be arriving within the week. These Florida dealers just
don't want to work with you.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I had to go back and look at the context of the post. I think I was responding to the post above yours and realized I was on the wrong thread after it was to late.
He said that his deal was 4% under invoice, with a $995 dealer fee. So the high dealer fee
is actually making his deal around 2% under invoice. Gupton's dealer fee is half that at $499.
Which equates to around 1% of invoice on a $50K vehicle. 8% - 1% is 7% vs his 4% - 2% is 2%.
I live also live in Florida. But, for a 5% difference I made the drive. I also ordered a new Grand
Cherokee from Gupton that should be arriving within the week. These Florida dealers just
don't want to work with you.
FL is a odd duck when it comes to automobiles and consumer laws. FL has the highest DOC fees in the nation. They also have a law where you cannot buy a extended warranty for a discount. Extended warranties are actually insurance policies. In FL everyone has to pay the same for certain insurance so no discounting allowed. That sucks for anyone who registers a car in FL and wants a warranty. Most other States don't have this requirement so consumers can get something like 40% off msrp on some factory backed extended warranties.

Excellent move on your part to save 5%. I would drive fo all day and all night for 5%. Hell for 5% or $2500 you could have the truck shipped and still come out 2%-3% better than the local deals you get.

I will buy from Gupton also as soon as the 2022 order banks open.

Last edited:

JEEPT

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
FL is a odd duck when it comes to automobiles and consumer laws. FL has the highest DOC fees in the nation. They also have a law where you cannot buy a extended warranty for a discount. Extended warranties are actually insurance policies. In FL everyone has to pay the same for certain insurance so no discounting allowed. That sucks for anyone who registers a car in FL and wants a warranty. Most other States don't have this requirement so consumers can get something like 40% off msrp on some factory backed extended warranties.

Excellent move on your part to save 5%. I would drive fo all day and all night for 5%. Hell for 5% or $2500 you could have the truck shipped and still come out 2%-3% better than the local deals you get.

I will buy from Gupton also as soon as the 2022 order banks open.
Good move buying from Gupton. Nice people to do business with. The Grand Cherokee will be my second purchase from them in 3 mos.

I wasn't aware of any laws in Florida about extended warranties. Sounds
to me like an F&I manger was trying not to discount a warranty and feeding
a line of BS. I was in the car business for 20 yrs as a General Manger and ran a number of different dealerships, but not in Florida. My F&I Mgrs would try and and get any amount they could over the cost of the warranty. Whether it be
$100 or $1000 over cost, they would write it up. I have never bought an extended warranty. But, I usually sell or trade my vehicles before the factory warranty is up.

I see your from Illinois. I remember reading, on the forums recommended
dealers list, about a couple of dealers in northern Illinois doing big discounts. You might want to go back into the archives and check it out. Regardless, you
can't go wrong with Gupton. Good luck on your 2022 purchase!
Sponsored