Recommended Dealers List

JEEPT

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
Those that travel for Jeeps what's involved in driving them back? Especially at Gupton. Do they give you TN temp plates or is that something I need to work on with my DMV.
Gupton gave me a TN temporary tag good for 30 days, along with the CO with a Seller's Invoice to take to my DMV in Florida. At the DMV I paid FL sales tax and registration fee's for FL plates.
Sponsored

Tigger09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ X x3
Perfect. I knew about my DMV, I just wasn't sure where the temp came from for the ride home. Thanks.

In other news, I just ordered JLU from Walter (who works for Daniel) at Gupton. If anyone ends up working with Walter the transaction was at straight forward as the ones involving Daniel. A couple emails, a couple questions that were answered directly and quickly and we were on our way.

I tried to buy locally but one deal kept saying "You mean $700" every time I said 7% and the 2nd told me to take the 7% deal if I trusted the dealer.

wantingtobuyonetouch

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018-2020 Wrangler w One Touch Roof
I tried to buy locally but one deal kept saying "You mean $700" every time I said 7% and the 2nd told me to take the 7% deal if I trusted the dealer.
lol and you better believe we do! Sorry I'm not accepting a $5-8k commission

Radar25

First Name
Reinaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
When you order from a dealer know it might take a month or more just curious do you just leave a deposit and financing is done on day you pick up truck or is financing b4 hand thanks

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

When you order from a dealer know it might take a month or more just curious do you just leave a deposit and financing is done on day you pick up truck or is financing b4 hand thanks
Ordering from Gupton, the deposit was paid ($1K) which is what allowed Daniel to actually place the order. We agreed on a final sales price before the order was placed (in writing) and then actual financing is done when I go pick it up.

Different dealers will require different deposits, but you should absolutely not pay ANY deposit or sign anything until you have an agreed-upon final sales price IN WRITING.

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Gupton gave me a TN temporary tag good for 30 days, along with the CO with a Seller's Invoice to take to my DMV in Florida. At the DMV I paid FL sales tax and registration fee's for FL plates.
So were the sales tax/registration bundled into your financing, or did you have to pay them out of pocket in Florida?

JEEPT

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The paperwork and financing are done the day you pick up the vehicle. Depending on your credit and how much you are going to finance, they might ask you for a credit app up front and get you pre approved ahead of time. A sold order is extra inventory for the dealer that they normally
wouldn't get due to allocation limits. So if you end up not taking delivery they will just sell it
to someone else, probably at a higher price. With most dealers having such low inventory it's
a win win for them.

JEEPT

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So were the sales tax/registration bundled into your financing, or did you have to pay them out of pocket in Florida?
I paid the fees out of pocket. If the dealer is in your state they will bundle it into your financing. If
it's out of state, it depends on the dealer. They might collect the fees up front and cut you a check,
made out to your state tax collector. Then you pay the tax when you get home. The dealer might reduce your down payment by the tax amount, and you cut a check for it. I have made two out of state vehicle purchases in the last 2 years and both were handled it differently. I would ask the dealer what their protocol is when you make the deal.

sacmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler on order, LC 100 series, GX460
I arranged financing ahead of time with Gupton after getting a couple of local quotes. All I had to do was fill out an online credit app. He was able to beat my local quotes. All the paperwork was ready when I picked up the Jeep. Just sat down and signed everything. No surprises, upsells, tru coat, etc. THey did not collect any sales tax or registration fees since I was an out of state buyer. I received a Fed Ex from them about a week after purchase with all the documentation I needed to take to the DMV.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Thanks for the insight, guys. I hadn't even considered taxes/fees for registering in Texas when buying out of state at Gupton.

I've got a couple of weeks before I'm picking mine up, but I shot Daniel an email this morning, hoping to clarify exactly how the process will go.

Ideally, I'd be able to have Texas registration taxes/fees rolled up into the overall amount financed, so I bring $0 "extra" to the delivery. We had already agreed to final sales price and down payment and whatnot.

In a perfect world, his finance team would be able to calculate what the fees will be for Texas, and submit the registration on my behalf. That's how it's worked for every in-state purchase I've ever made. Or at least be able to cut me a check that would cover it all.

If I have to pay it out of pocket, that's less than ideal. Sure, my total amount financed/monthly payments will be lower, but 6.25% sales tax + misc registration fees out of pocket will put a big dent in my "First Mods Budget".

Sponsored

SteveTigers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe
Steve Boeckmann with Jim Butler in Linn, MO takes a $500 deposit on a handshake. I ordered a 4xe on Monday at 6% under invoice plus a $199 fee. He said no one gay has ordered from him has never backed out of a deal, so they don’t require a contract. He just asked me to sign the build sheet as confirmation there wasn’t any error on the color, options, etc.

summer4x

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
I also didn't get any response from Neil a few weeks ago when I was ready to order. Wound up going to Daniel at Gupton, just outside of Nashville. 8% off invoice, all via email. Should be picking up on 7/17. Flights from DFW to Nashville are cheap, and it'll be a nice ~12hr drive home. Probably stay in Memphis/Little Rock on the way home just to break it up.

Saving $7K off sticker, spending ~$600-700 to go pick it up and drive it home. Easiest decision ever.
Is this the cash price, or do you have to agree to finance through them, etc.? I'm looking for a dealer who will do a cash price.

kewpie982

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jeep cherokee
Steve Boeckmann with Jim Butler in Linn, MO takes a $500 deposit on a handshake. I ordered a 4xe on Monday at 6% under invoice plus a $199 fee. He said no one gay has ordered from him has never backed out of a deal, so they don’t require a contract. He just asked me to sign the build sheet as confirmation there wasn’t any error on the color, options, etc.
Did you have luck with joe machens Jeep?

wantingtobuyonetouch

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018-2020 Wrangler w One Touch Roof
Is this the cash price, or do you have to agree to finance through them, etc.? I'm looking for a dealer who will do a cash price.
Thats the financing price, must finance the entire vehicle and make 7 payments. If you wanna pay cash, it's 1% less.

JEEPT

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cash price is 7% under invoice with an affiliate like tread lightly. 6% under
is standard with no affiliate, but a $499 dealer fee. So actually the dealer fee erases 1%. My deal was 8% under with 0% financing at Gupton. Because of the
0% I financed a portion, otherwise I would have paid cash.
Sponsored