Recommended Dealers List

syismaster1

First Name
Sy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
I've seen a few people mention that they can't find a dealer willing to do deals in FL. We went through Mike Peralta at Lakeland Dodge in Lakeland, FL. Our first call to him we mentioned we found his name on this forum and he quoted us 7% under invoice right from the bat - with affiliate discount but without any need to finance. We ordered in early may and took delivery this week. He was very straightforward and easy to deal, no high pressure on anything.

He did mention when I picked it up that he might not be able to do as well today as he did a month ago though. But he'd definitely be worth at least a call if you're in this area and looking for a good price.

Mike Peralta
https://www.lakelanddodge.com
863-248-4227

8NrtUYR.jpg
I was about to order from him but as of May 18th he was not doing 7% off which sucks cause he was so close! Glad you got it though.
Sponsored

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
I give a nod of approval to Jim Butler Jeep in Linn, MO. Specifically, to Steve Boeckmann, my sales guy. I called and told him I had seen him recommended on this forum, and was curious what kind of price he could give me. The initial quote had my attention! I settled on my options ('21 JLR with 3.6L, manual, tow group, cold weather group, hard top, LED group, and 8.4 in screen w/premium audio group). Sticker price was $47,385, I got it for $41,305. That price did include the Tread Lightly FCA affiliate discount.
The finance desk guy was a bit of a turd, but the rest of the process was so easy and painless.

I would readily buy my next Chevy, Dodge or Jeep from Steve and the dealership.

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I give a nod of approval to Jim Butler Jeep in Linn, MO. Specifically, to Steve Boeckmann, my sales guy. I called and told him I had seen him recommended on this forum, and was curious what kind of price he could give me. The initial quote had my attention! I settled on my options ('21 JLR with 3.6L, manual, tow group, cold weather group, hard top, LED group, and 8.4 in screen w/premium audio group). Sticker price was $47,385, I got it for $41,305. That price did include the Tread Lightly FCA affiliate discount.
The finance desk guy was a bit of a turd, but the rest of the process was so easy and painless.

I would readily buy my next Chevy, Dodge or Jeep from Steve and the dealership.
Was your deal a purchase only without a trade-in?

What were the specifics? How much under invoice with Affiliate or Tread Lightly? Any additional discounts for taking their financing? Any requirements on the financing to get any additional discounts? What is their DOC fee and any other fees or requirements?

Did you qualify for any additional Direct Market Cash, Military, Mobility, or any other incenitves and discounts?

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
Was your deal a purchase only without a trade-in?

What were the specifics? How much under invoice with Affiliate or Tread Lightly? Any additional discounts for taking their financing? Any requirements on the financing to get any additional discounts? What is their DOC fee and any other fees or requirements?

Did you qualify for any additional Direct Market Cash, Military, Mobility, or any other incentives and discounts?
No trade in.
Tread Lightly is the FCA Affiliate program. They are the same. My $41,305 price did include that discount. Another option I neglected to list that affected my price was I chose cloth seats.
I did NOT get a discount for taking their financing, because to get that discount ($1,000) you have to use their vendor. That rate was 2.99%. Jeep is offering 0% for 36 months. I can save over $1,000 in interest with 0%, so that is what I did, but 0% did not qualify for the $1G discount. Once again, my $41,305 price DID include that financing discount (and although I didn't use it, I did get a $1,000 cash back offer direct from Jeep, so it worked out the same, anyway).
The DOC fee was already included in the price I was given. The only thing that was not was a $6.00 title fee.
I didn't have any other discounts or incentives other than those listed above.

My order took 3 months to arrive, but that has nothing to do with the dealership. I placed my order on 3/17, and Steve sent me a Vehicle Order Number and VIN the next day. My delay is a bit of a mystery, because it sat in "inspection" for a month after being built.

As I stated before, I thought the finance guy I dealt with was a bit of a tool (I don't know his name). He probably makes commissions by selling financing and services. I chose Jeep's financing offer and refused all extended warranties and dealer 'improvements' (paint armor, windshield treatment, interior warranty, etc). Basically, he sold me nothing. That certainly didn't make him want to give me hugs, but he was distant and a bit condescending from the outset. His attitude wasn't offensive, but when my wife and I left his office, we immediately looked at each other, chuckled, and commented about what a wanker he was.

The salesman, Steve Boeckmann, however, is really nice and just super easy to work with. If you call Jim Butler Jeep, ask for Steve.

Rogue Toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon
So you got 7% under invoice from him plus the dealer fee, right? What was the dealer fee and
were there any other add on fees associated with the deal, besides tax and license?
Yes, there was a dealer fee. I don't have the paperwork in front of me, but when all was said and done my "out the door" was ~$2K less than MSRP, and that's after everything: dealer fees, all license and title fees, as well as 6% Florida sales tax.

He gave me a spreadsheet right up front after I'd selected options that showed what all the costs would be. I'm sure he'd do the same for anyone that made a request. That would be the easiest way to compare apples to apples with another dealership.

Sponsored

Deleted member 67726

Don't people realize you just shop the deal amongst multiple dealers...and the best dealer changes each time?...if you blindly trust your dealer, then u must like being taken for a ride!

I haven't bought a jeep from the same jeep dealer for the past 4 or 5 jeeps, I've purchased over the past 10 years...

Koons in VA is ok, but I've found many dealers that can beat the koons wow price...and they aren't usually large competing fleet pricing dealers, usually just the local small jeep dealer lol...but I do appreciate koons giving me an easy starting price point to start my jeep shopping usually haha

Basically take the koons out the the door offer, which always tacks on destination fee lol, and use that to make other dealers match koons and keep getting a better deal from there...

Just my 2 cents, as I'm sure lots of people here are best friends with the owner of the dealership that they highly recommend...LOL 🤣

Lakeland Dodge Boys

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, Pacifica, Grand Cherokee, 19 JL Sport.
I've seen a few people mention that they can't find a dealer willing to do deals in FL. We went through Mike Peralta at Lakeland Dodge in Lakeland, FL. Our first call to him we mentioned we found his name on this forum and he quoted us 7% under invoice right from the bat - with affiliate discount but without any need to finance. We ordered in early may and took delivery this week. He was very straightforward and easy to deal, no high pressure on anything.

He did mention when I picked it up that he might not be able to do as well today as he did a month ago though. But he'd definitely be worth at least a call if you're in this area and looking for a good price.

Mike Peralta
https://www.lakelanddodge.com
863-248-4227

8NrtUYR.jpg
Thank you for the shout out. Hope you enjoy that jeep. For all the other guys the best I can do for the time being is 4% with Tread Lightly. Eventually it will go back to normal as soon as this vehicle shortage goes away to be able to give you the great discount again. All you got to do as Rogue Toad said is mention that you found my information in this Forum and I won't hesitate to give you my best numbers. Here is my full contact information. We do out of state also.

Michael Peralta
Internet Sales Manager
Cell: 863-904-7033
Office: 863-687-2501 Ext. 348
Email: [email protected]

JEEPT

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
Thank you for the shout out. Hope you enjoy that jeep. For all the other guys the best I can do for the time being is 4% with Tread Lightly. Eventually it will go back to normal as soon as this vehicle shortage goes away to be able to give you the great discount again. All you got to do as Rogue Toad said is mention that you found my information in this Forum and I won't hesitate to give you my best numbers. Here is my full contact information. We do out of state also.

Michael Peralta
Internet Sales Manager
Cell: 863-904-7033
Office: 863-687-2501 Ext. 348
Email: [email protected]
Great! 4 % with Tread Lightly and what is your dealer or delivery Fee $___ ?

Lakeland Dodge Boys

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, Pacifica, Grand Cherokee, 19 JL Sport.

BigLew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevrolet Bolt Premier, 2021 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired-Banking-Insurance-Coal Miner-Maintenance...a bit of everything! :)
Great! 4 % with Tread Lightly and what is your dealer or delivery Fee $___ ?
Exact same thing I was thinking. I believe they are at least $999. or right in that area, because I checked with them a while back. Maybe one of these days our AG will finally protect the consumer from these dealers in Florida. I feel for the elderly here in Florida, really everyone.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Exact same thing I was thinking. I believe they are at least $999. or right in that area, because I checked with them a while back. Maybe one of these days our AG will finally protect the consumer from these dealers in Florida. I feel for the elderly here in Florida, really everyone.
FL probably has the highest DOC fee in the nation. That $999 DOC is equal to around 2%+ of invoice in most cases.

JEEPT

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL probably has the highest DOC fee in the nation. That $999 DOC is equal to around 2%+ of invoice in most cases.
So your 4% under invoice just got bumped to 2% under invoice. Gupton's dealer
fee is half that. So your 8% under deal actually becomes 7%. You do the math.
I would make the drive for a $2500 difference, and I did last month.

Deleted member 67726

They all the same, anything to make another buck...destination or delivery fees should not be added...they only do that when they think they found a person to pay it...for the 2017 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon recon I purchased...I was able to get it for 46,200 and invoice was roughly 46,800 obviously prior to tax, best deal I ever got on a jeep ever...if they don't give u their dealer hold back, it ain't a deal, that's the lesson I've learned lol

JEEPT

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They all the same, anything to make another buck...destination or delivery fees should not be added...they only do that when they think they found a person to pay it...for the 2017 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon recon I purchased...I was able to get it for 46,200 and invoice was roughly 46,800 obviously prior to tax, best deal I ever got on a jeep ever...if they don't give u their dealer hold back, it ain't a deal, that's the lesson I've learned lol
Doc fee, delivery fee, dealer fee, what ever you want to call it, it's all just additional
profit. You make your best deal and then they charge you $899 for the pleasure of buying from them. I never pay it. If they insist, I walk. The only exception, I would make, is buying from one of the recommended dealers on the forum, and they are at 6% to 8 % under invoice. Other than financing or selling you an extended warranty, the only profit they are making is the dealer fee. How big a dealer fee you are willing to pay, is your decision.
A dealer pays invoice for the vehicle and they get the holdback paid to them
on a quarterly basis. In the case of Jeep it's only 3%. Where they get the extra
3% on top of Holdback is a mystery to me. Maybe it's a volume bonus based
on a predetermined number, set by Chrysler, for that particular dealership.
What ever it is, I can guarantee you they are not losing money.
You can trust me on this, I was a used car salesmen. HA...
Actually, I was a General Manager for a couple of dealers. Even ran a Jeep
dealership a long time ago.

Deleted member 67726

Doc fee, delivery fee, dealer fee, what ever you want to call it, it's all just additional
profit. You make your best deal and then they charge you $899 for the pleasure of buying from them. I never pay it. If they insist, I walk. The only exception, I would make, is buying from one of the recommended dealers on the forum, and they are at 6% to 8 % under invoice. Other than financing or selling you an extended warranty, the only profit they are making is the dealer fee. How big a dealer fee you are willing to pay, is your decision.
A dealer pays invoice for the vehicle and they get the holdback paid to them
on a quarterly basis. In the case of Jeep it's only 3%. Where they get the extra
3% on top of Holdback is a mystery to me. Maybe it's a volume bonus based
on a predetermined number, set by Chrysler, for that particular dealership.
What ever it is, I can guarantee you they are not losing money.
You can trust me on this, I was a used car salesmen. HA...
Actually, I was a General Manager for a couple of dealers. Even ran a Jeep
dealership a long time ago.
I know, they always win...I just bought a 392, talk about a rip off on all levels to get that car lol

Thanks for sharing that though, I really enjoyed it!

I really really really hate car dealers lol...I just wish I had a go to person at a dealer that gave me a consistently fair and similar deal, I have yet to find that anywhere!

Also, when you negotiate with a car salesman, you are basically haggling with the gm right? Hahaha I've made so many enemies at all local jeep dealers near me!

Do they keep tabs on file, if say I aggravate a dealer and take a deal elsewhere? My belief is they do since it's all connected to your drivers license!

So if you piss a dealer off buying the 392, you should probably never go back or wait 10yrs? Lol
Sponsored