Sponsored

Recommended Dealers List

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Sure, I don't mind sharing, as this is always a different aspect of the Jeep purchase compared to just getting a order in.

Pricing was done by Philip earlier this year, and was a 360 difference from the finance folks. Straightforward, and no issues. Financing was a different manager, after asking to remove them the manager stated it was required by lender/dealer. And something they always do. When I started to get more serious about it they mentioned what do you expect it's a $64,000 Wrangler, and you make enough to pay for it all. When I said, I could also just walk away from this deal, they mentioned things would "happen". Crazy talk at this point.

Leasing numbers were off, as they kept changing, and I already assume the manager was saying whatever they could at this point. At first it was .00285 + $7500 down, but then another amount down, then actually you cannot lease they said no, you need to use this other lender. Seemed confused when I said only first month payments + fees.

Since my spouse was getting uncomfortable with my confrontations for her Jeep, I ended up letting her sign for the Jeep, and will refinance + remove the extras in the next 60 days. My biggest issue was the strong-arming, and not being honest which is just a bad look on the particular person handling the financing. Couldn't tell you if this is everyone, or even the dealer in general. Could have been a end of month this guy makes a lot, and is buying a Jeep for his wife lets do it thing. But why would I pay 5k for a warranty? Haha, anyways, there ya go.
Wow - that’s terrible! When you get a price upfront, that’s just them changing the deal on you. Very shady, and important others are aware of this if they are thinking of using Bud Clary.

sounds like you think you can cancel all the extra charges then? And just went with a loan vs leasing? You should refi it immediately, they can’t do anything.

terrible - sorry you had to deal with this.
Sponsored

Seals881

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan LEAF, JULR Diesel(ordered)
Wow - that’s terrible! When you get a price upfront, that’s just them changing the deal on you. Very shady, and important others are aware of this if they are thinking of using Bud Clary.

sounds like you think you can cancel all the extra charges then? And just went with a loan vs leasing? You should refi it immediately, they can’t do anything.

terrible - sorry you had to deal with this.
Yeah pretty much, while I understand a business has got to make some money, but the approach makes a difference(honesty vs shady). After 15 years of buying cars from 10k - 150k+, and working in the auto industry this was an interesting one. Will never know if this is standard, or just my own experience for here. Just bringing awareness for others, as this forum helped me out a lot, and I'm happy to share experiences.

Before anything was signed, I read it all too confirm I could cancel, and within 60 days for full money back. And went with a loan that was with a bank I've had before(for a Chevy), so I was fine with the loan brand for now. Will re-fi with Navy Federal. This allowed me to get my spouse out of there, and handle this in a calmer fashion at a later date.

But yeah, I'd do it again, but come with a check, then dip out. haha!

Seals881

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan LEAF, JULR Diesel(ordered)
So, I’m happy to report my experience with Bud Clary was nothing like what was described above. I had some lag waiting for finance to be ready and detail to finish. But I was in and out in 90 minutes - numbers exactly as discussed, no unreasonable upsell in finance etc.

Can’t recommend Phillip (and sales guy Aydin) enough. What an operation!
Thanks for sharing. Really think it was just who I worked with, and my profile.

vasdimpop

First Name
Vasil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 JLUR (being built)
I ordered from Rob too, waiting for arrival next week sometime. He's been great, responsive and helpful.

I just picked up my 2-door Rubicon yesterday and want to add to the recommendations for Rob Trachtman at Tuttle Click in Irvine. I found out about him through this forum and so want to pass the recommendation on for others too

DarealUSA

First Name
Kolja
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Another shout out for Daniel at Gupton…from first email to order completed and VON#…two hours. Guy is ultra responsive and pricing was WAY better than I got locally…6-8% below invoice as everyone states depending upon a few factors

And another to Daniel at Gupton. Placed the order this Saturday. Easiest process ever and super transparent on pricing. Got 7% below invoice for a 4xe with affiliate pricing and dealer financing. About 3% more than local dealers and even Koon isn't discounting 4xe's much right now.

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
TL;DR; If you value your time and sanity, if you don't want to be ignored and lied to, don't deal with anyone from Bud Clary Auburn DJR.

According to what I've read on this forum, Phillip Olson from Bud Clary Auburn DJR in Washington seems to be the go-to contact in the West to get a great discount. He gets recommended over and over in this thread, and he even posted this:

I'll tell you about our (my husband's and mine) experience of trying to place a custom order on a 2021 JLUR with Bud Clary Auburn DJR.

Early on Monday on May 10 we sent an email to Phillip, as well as several other dealers all over the West - see my previous post. Everyone else replied within hours or within a day in one case. However there was no reply from Phillip neither on Monday nor on Tuesday.

On Wednesday we decided to give him call. He took the call and said that he saw our email but he didn't get to it yet and gave us a quick price which was ~6.5% under invoice, without financing, $150 document fee.

Soon after we emailed him letting him know that we are interested in buying. We waited for his reply until the end of day but he never wrote back. He didn't pick up the phone either.

We gave him another call on Thursday, which he again didn't take. Oh well, if you want a good price you probably have to put up with some stuff like that. So we sent him a text asking him to give us a call when he had a minute.

On Friday we called Bud Clary's sales department (number on their website) and spoke with assistant manager R. (Robert? Ronald? I forget the name). We explained the situation - that we'd like to order from a factory and we got the price from Phillip, but we can't get in touch with him to finish the process. We asked if he could do it and how soon he could place the order. He said "no problem" and "right now". Great, problem solved.

Several hours later and we still didn't hear from R. - no email, no call. So we called him to see what's up and he said that actually the price was too low and only Phillip could do this. He'd tell Phillip to give us a call on Sunday.

Nobody called us on Sunday. In the late afternoon on Sunday we tried to call Phillip - no answer. Then we tried to call R. - no answer as well. So I called the sales department number. I again explained that we've been trying to factory order a jeep for almost 7 days now and we got the price from Phillip but we can't get hold of anyone to finish the process. Is there anyone who could help us? It turns out I'm speaking with R. and he puts me on hold.

A few minutes later a female voice without any greeting or introduction begins to tell me that the price that we got is for a different build. I ask "which build is this price for?", "how exactly is that build different from our build?" - no answer.

Then she tells me that she spoke with Phillip and he said he had made a mistake. That the discount that he gave us is unprecedented, unheard-of, unrealistic, and they never gave such a discount before and will not honor the price that he quoted. I tell her that I've read the forum and the discount that I got is pretty standard, nothing out of the ordinary. She doesn't say anything to this.

She then switches gears and starts telling me that actually they are already switching to 2022 pricing (this is May 16, just 2 days after May 2021 order guide came out). I tell her that surely there are still at least a few more days of 2021 pricing. She doesn't say anything to this as well.

Eventually she gives me her email so that I could send her our build and get the price. Now I know that I've been talking to sales manager Amelia Gorsage. Amelia replied to my email saying that she'd get this started Monday after she talks to Phillip.

Naturally, we never heard from any of them again - Amelia, R., or Phillip.
I ended up with same experience. He was great at first, then went radio silent, then left a voice mail to call back to get order in. after that no matter how many times I called or emailed no response. When I called the dealership they said only Phillip can help with the online "discount" orders.

I would recommend Gupton for sure, they were the most responsive of any dealer I have ever reached out to. a close second was Ft. Collins Jeep, although they offer less of a discount.

cb0

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Any great dealers near Chicago?

michellini

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
So, I’m happy to report my experience with Bud Clary was nothing like what was described above. I had some lag waiting for finance to be ready and detail to finish. But I was in and out in 90 minutes - numbers exactly as discussed, no unreasonable upsell in finance etc.

YAY, that is great news!! It will make me worry less when I have to pick it up next month.

Aydin has been great answering questions after I put the order in!

A.fax21

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Route Planned!
From Gaithersburg north to Gettysburg then through York and Lancaster. Then north to make a stop at Cabela's. Then 78 back into NJ! It will be longer but definitely more scenic!

1621771390134.png
HUGE thank you for mentioning me to Leon during your appointment yesterday, lol. He called me right away to give me a status update. If that isn't amazing customer service, I dunno what is.

My Jeep ended up arriving at Criswell this morning and I'll be picking it up this weekend. (And will definitely be taking your planned route back to NJ!) Hope you're loving your new Jeep!!!!

Sponsored

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
I just ordered from Daniel at Gupton Motors on May 4. Stripped white JLU Rubicon 2.0, only options being leather, automatic, and the proximity keys jeep is apparently now forcing on everyone. Everything went super smooth. Daniel put up with me requesting quotes on about a dozen different configurations before I settled on the one I ordered.

Standard price for anyone was 6% under invoice, 7% with tread lightly, and 8% with tread lightly with dealer financing. Doc fee is only $499 compared to around $1k at most of the other dealers. Haven't decided if the $400 savings to go with dealer financing is worth the hassle of doing a refi, but I'll get them to give me a quote and go from there.

My jeep now has a VIN, so I'm pretty excited. Now I've got to sell one of our Lexus GX460s.
I did financing with Gupton to take advantage of that extra 1%. I was surprised I got 0% for 3 years. Give it a shot.

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
update: My ordered JL arrived at the dealer in less than 20 days.
Now I have to wait another week for the tread lightly discount to kick in before I can take delivery, bummer.........
Same thing happened to me. My order was built in about 15 days. I had to wait another 2 weeks for tread Lightly to kick in to pick mine up.

Djzjeep22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU; 2021 JLUR
Over 10 days since my Jeep released for delivery and my dealer says he can not give me delivery update. Is this normal? Is dealer this much in the dark?

mdkautzman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator

What kind of discount did you end up with?

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI

That’s great. I wonder what the difference was compared to the ones who didn’t have A good experience - different finance person, different level of discount?
Sponsored