ynygma

First Name
Baylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2021
Ordered 4/13 picked up 5/15👍

I want to give a special shout out to Neil Carpenter of Demontrond CDJ! This was the smoothest vehicle purchase I have ever done. The Price Neil gives you is what you get, no haggling, just pay TT&L, sign and you are out the door.

There is absolutely no haggling. The awesome finance manager will offer you extra warranty coverage, etc but he lets you know you are absolutely under no obligation to add any of it. That said, Demontrond does include a Lifetime power train warranty with all their vehicles so not bad:)

Anyway, Neil Carpenter is your guy!

2EC4D564-88F5-471A-B2CD-B66615DAAC14.jpeg
Sponsored

MikeLSV

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I just ordered a 4xe Rubicon from Kent Shurtleff in Nampa (outside Boise ID) - Peterson Jeep. I live in Las Vegas and tried to go through Jim Marsh (Mariana - Antonio no longer works there) to no avail. Jim Marsh seemed very busy - no consistent comms and they were only willing to go down to normal affiliate pricing (tread lightly). Kent has been quick, thorough, and their pricing was excellent (~6% under invoice). Received a VON today and hopeful that I'll fly up there and grab a Jeep sooner than later. Thus far, I highly recommend Kent and Peterson. Painless.

Cazadores

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2020 Firecracker Willys,
Sooo....how many times have you all changed your build sheet and have your dealer re quote it?
I just ordered a 4xe Rubicon from Kent Shurtleff in Nampa (outside Boise ID) - Peterson Jeep. I live in Las Vegas and tried to go through Jim Marsh (Mariana - Antonio no longer works there) to no avail. Jim Marsh seemed very busy - no consistent comms and they were only willing to go down to normal affiliate pricing (tread lightly). Kent has been quick, thorough, and their pricing was excellent (~6% under invoice). Received a VON today and hopeful that I'll fly up there and grab a Jeep sooner than later. Thus far, I highly recommend Kent and Peterson. Painless.
I absolutely agree on Kent, very responsive and easy to work with.

Last edited:

Olga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2010 Ford Fusion
Build Thread
Link
I live in the Bay Area. On May 10 I wrote to about a dozen dealerships all over the West, the ones that had good discount percentage listed on this map. Mostly in California, but I also included a few that were often recommended in this thread - in Washington, Idaho, and Nevada. My email contained my jeep configuration with codes and the latest invoice prices and mentioned the 1% under invoice Tread Lightly discount.

Within several hours I got many responses. Most California dealerships would honor the 1% under invoice affiliate discount, but not more than that. Rob Trachtman from Tuttle-Click offered 4% without financing. If I lived in Southern California, I'd probably go with Rob. But since I'll have to fly out anyway, I am also considering the out-of-state dealerships.

Mariana from Jim Marsh in Las Vegas wrote they were offering about 4-5% with financing, and that her boss Charlene would follow up with a more precise number. But she never did. I didn't either, because from everything I read on this forum it seemed that Washington and Idaho would be my top choices even though they would require two days of driving home instead of one.

Kent Schurtleff from Peterson DCJ in Idaho offered ~6.5% with financing (all percentages here already include the 1% Tread Lightly discount). Not quite 7-8% other people were writing about, but ok. He also has the highest document fee of ~$400.

But it was Phillip Olson from Bud Clary Auburn DJR in Washington who I had the most hopes for. I'll write about my experience of dealing with Bud Clary Auburn DJR in a separate post.

Last edited:

sacmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler on order, LC 100 series, GX460
I just ordered from Daniel at Gupton Motors on May 4. Stripped white JLU Rubicon 2.0, only options being leather, automatic, and the proximity keys jeep is apparently now forcing on everyone. Everything went super smooth. Daniel put up with me requesting quotes on about a dozen different configurations before I settled on the one I ordered.

Standard price for anyone was 6% under invoice, 7% with tread lightly, and 8% with tread lightly with dealer financing. Doc fee is only $499 compared to around $1k at most of the other dealers. Haven't decided if the $400 savings to go with dealer financing is worth the hassle of doing a refi, but I'll get them to give me a quote and go from there.

My jeep now has a VIN, so I'm pretty excited. Now I've got to sell one of our Lexus GX460s.

Another shout out for Gupton Motors in Springfield, TN. I just completed my first ever online, out of town deal and I promise it could not have gone smoother.

Did my build, emailed it to [email protected] and he replied within a day with a breakdown. Ended up 8% under FWP with no issues whatsoever! He emailed me link to get credit done ahead of time and everything was ready to go when I arrived at dealership.

Daniel hooked me up with Renee Berry to do the final legwork and she's awesome and knows her stuff. She's a daily Wrangler driver herself! [email protected] - Reach out to her!
Placed order for my Rubicon on 4/15/21 and picked up 5/15/21.
These guys were phenomenal to work with! Well worth the 4 hour drive and overnight stay to do business with them!

Sponsored

pcsquared

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4xe
Poked through the last few pages of threads and didn't see anything -- anyone have a dealer they really enjoyed in the new england area? I'm close to Boston and I don't think I loved my experience walking into Grava or Lawless (the latter said there's a 2k upcharge for orders?) but it's been a while since I bought new. I'd be interested in the 4xe. I'd love to not leave MA but I'd be down for a trip, too.

Cazadores

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2020 Firecracker Willys,
Poked through the last few pages of threads and didn't see anything -- anyone have a dealer they really enjoyed in the new england area? I'm close to Boston and I don't think I loved my experience walking into Grava or Lawless (the latter said there's a 2k upcharge for orders?) but it's been a while since I bought new. I'd be interested in the 4xe. I'd love to not leave MA but I'd be down for a trip, too.
Hehe, 2k upcharge? That's lawlessness. Send your build to Daniel at Gupton. Tennessee is beautiful and you guys back east travel through states like we travel through counties out west.

He seems to be a straight shooter no nonsense and interested in giving a good quote.

ShaunBJeeps

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee X4, 2017 GMC Sierra
Hehe, 2k upcharge? That's lawlessness. Send your build to Daniel at Gupton. Tennessee is beautiful and you guys back east travel through states like we travel through counties out west.

He seems to be a straight shooter no nonsense and interested in giving a good quote.
I was very fortune that Gupton is only a couple hours away, but it’s worth the drive to save some big money! And there are so many beautiful things to do/see in Tennessee.

RusM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I live in the Bay Area. On May 10 I wrote to about a dozen dealerships all over the West, the ones that had good discount percentage listed on this map. Mostly in California, but I also included a few that were often recommended in this thread - in Washington, Idaho, and Nevada. My email contained my jeep configuration with codes and the latest invoice prices and mentioned the 1% under invoice Tread Lightly discount.

Within several hours I got many responses. Most California dealerships would honor the 1% under invoice affiliate discount, but not more than that. Rob Trachtman from Tuttle-Click offered 4% without financing. If I lived in Southern California, I'd probably go with Rob. But since I'll have to fly out anyway, I am also considering the out-of-state dealerships.

Mariana from Jim Marsh in Las Vegas wrote they were offering about 4-5% with financing, and that her boss Charlene would follow up with a more precise number. But she never did. I didn't either, because from everything I read on this forum it seemed that Washington and Idaho would be my top choices even though they would require two days of driving home instead of one.

Kent Schurtleff from Peterson DCJ in Idaho offered ~6.5% with financing (all percentages here already include the 1% Tread Lightly discount). Not quite 7-8% other people were writing about, but ok. He also has the highest document fee of ~$400.

But it was Phillip Olson from Bud Clary Auburn DJR in Washington who I had the most hopes for. I'll write about my experience of dealing with Bud Clary Auburn DJR in a separate post.
What's the deal with Phillip?

Sponsored

Olga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
What's the deal with Phillip?
I would like to know that as well, since that is where I planned to order....
TL;DR; If you value your time and sanity, if you don't want to be ignored and lied to, don't deal with anyone from Bud Clary Auburn DJR.

According to what I've read on this forum, Phillip Olson from Bud Clary Auburn DJR in Washington seems to be the go-to contact in the West to get a great discount. He gets recommended over and over in this thread, and he even posted this:

I am confident my pricing is one of the most aggressive in country same day communication 7 days a week
I'll tell you about our (my husband's and mine) experience of trying to place a custom order on a 2021 JLUR with Bud Clary Auburn DJR.

Early on Monday on May 10 we sent an email to Phillip, as well as several other dealers all over the West - see my previous post. Everyone else replied within hours or within a day in one case. However there was no reply from Phillip neither on Monday nor on Tuesday.

On Wednesday we decided to give him call. He took the call and said that he saw our email but he didn't get to it yet and gave us a quick price which was ~6.5% under invoice, without financing, $150 document fee.

Soon after we emailed him letting him know that we are interested in buying. We waited for his reply until the end of day but he never wrote back. He didn't pick up the phone either.

We gave him another call on Thursday, which he again didn't take. Oh well, if you want a good price you probably have to put up with some stuff like that. So we sent him a text asking him to give us a call when he had a minute.

On Friday we called Bud Clary's sales department (number on their website) and spoke with assistant manager R. (Robert? Ronald? I forget the name). We explained the situation - that we'd like to order from a factory and we got the price from Phillip, but we can't get in touch with him to finish the process. We asked if he could do it and how soon he could place the order. He said "no problem" and "right now". Great, problem solved.

Several hours later and we still didn't hear from R. - no email, no call. So we called him to see what's up and he said that actually the price was too low and only Phillip could do this. He'd tell Phillip to give us a call on Sunday.

Nobody called us on Sunday. In the late afternoon on Sunday we tried to call Phillip - no answer. Then we tried to call R. - no answer as well. So I called the sales department number. I again explained that we've been trying to factory order a jeep for almost 7 days now and we got the price from Phillip but we can't get hold of anyone to finish the process. Is there anyone who could help us? It turns out I'm speaking with R. and he puts me on hold.

A few minutes later a female voice without any greeting or introduction begins to tell me that the price that we got is for a different build. I ask "which build is this price for?", "how exactly is that build different from our build?" - no answer.

Then she tells me that she spoke with Phillip and he said he had made a mistake. That the discount that he gave us is unprecedented, unheard-of, unrealistic, and they never gave such a discount before and will not honor the price that he quoted. I tell her that I've read the forum and the discount that I got is pretty standard, nothing out of the ordinary. She doesn't say anything to this.

She then switches gears and starts telling me that actually they are already switching to 2022 pricing (this is May 16, just 2 days after May 2021 order guide came out). I tell her that surely there are still at least a few more days of 2021 pricing. She doesn't say anything to this as well.

Eventually she gives me her email so that I could send her our build and get the price. Now I know that I've been talking to sales manager Amelia Gorsage. Amelia replied to my email saying that she'd get this started Monday after she talks to Phillip.

Naturally, we never heard from any of them again - Amelia, R., or Phillip.

IdahoSting

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
TL;DR; If you value your time and sanity, if you don't want to be ignored and lied to, don't deal with anyone from Bud Clary Auburn DJR.

According to what I've read on this forum, Phillip Olson from Bud Clary Auburn DJR in Washington seems to be the go-to contact in the West to get a great discount. He gets recommended over and over in this thread, and he even posted this:

I'll tell you about our (my husband's and mine) experience of trying to place a custom order on a 2021 JLUR with Bud Clary Auburn DJR.

Early on Monday on May 10 we sent an email to Phillip, as well as several other dealers all over the West - see my previous post. Everyone else replied within hours or within a day in one case. However there was no reply from Phillip neither on Monday nor on Tuesday.

On Wednesday we decided to give him call. He took the call and said that he saw our email but he didn't get to it yet and gave us a quick price which was ~6.5% under invoice, without financing, $150 document fee.

Soon after we emailed him letting him know that we are interested in buying. We waited for his reply until the end of day but he never wrote back. He didn't pick up the phone either.

We gave him another call on Thursday, which he again didn't take. Oh well, if you want a good price you probably have to put up with some stuff like that. So we sent him a text asking him to give us a call when he had a minute.

On Friday we called Bud Clary's sales department (number on their website) and spoke with assistant manager R. (Robert? Ronald? I forget the name). We explained the situation - that we'd like to order from a factory and we got the price from Phillip, but we can't get in touch with him to finish the process. We asked if he could do it and how soon he could place the order. He said "no problem" and "right now". Great, problem solved.

Several hours later and we still didn't hear from R. - no email, no call. So we called him to see what's up and he said that actually the price was too low and only Phillip could do this. He'd tell Phillip to give us a call on Sunday.

Nobody called us on Sunday. In the late afternoon on Sunday we tried to call Phillip - no answer. Then we tried to call R. - no answer as well. So I called the sales department number. I again explained that we've been trying to factory order a jeep for almost 7 days now and we got the price from Phillip but we can't get hold of anyone to finish the process. Is there anyone who could help us? It turns out I'm speaking with R. and he puts me on hold.

A few minutes later a female voice without any greeting or introduction begins to tell me that the price that we got is for a different build. I ask "which build is this price for?", "how exactly is that build different from our build?" - no answer.

Then she tells me that she spoke with Phillip and he said he had made a mistake. That the discount that he gave us is unprecedented, unheard-of, unrealistic, and they never gave such a discount before and will not honor the price that he quoted. I tell her that I've read the forum and the discount that I got is pretty standard, nothing out of the ordinary. She doesn't say anything to this.

She then switches gears and starts telling me that actually they are already switching to 2022 pricing (this is May 16, just 2 days after May 2021 order guide came out). I tell her that surely there are still at least a few more days of 2021 pricing. She doesn't say anything to this as well.

Eventually she gives me her email so that I could send her our build and get the price. Now I know that I've been talking to sales manager Amelia Gorsage. Amelia replied to my email saying that she'd get this started Monday after she talks to Phillip.

Naturally, we never heard from any of them again - Amelia, R., or Phillip.
Well, that is disheartening and sorry to hear this. I will at least try to get a price from him when the 2022's are open to order. The price he gave me on a 2021 was really good, but now I am second guessing...

IdahoSting

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma

Where did you end up buying?

Olga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Where did you end up buying?
We've ordered from Kent Schurtleff from Peterson DCJ in Idaho. He doesn't always pick up the phone, but he's still adequately responsive, and our overall experience was pretty good. I wish we didn't waste so much time with Bud Clary.

RusM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
We've ordered from Kent Schurtleff from Peterson DCJ in Idaho. He doesn't always pick up the phone, but he's still adequately responsive, and our overall experience was pretty good. I wish we didn't waste so much time with Bud Clary.
Yeah that does suck! I'm going through phillip and have had a positive experience so far. Though the communication hasn't been the greatest I realize he's probably working on many other deals at the same time as mine. I have a signed order form and a receipt for my $1k down so unless the factory raises the price between now and when I get it I hope im good!
Sponsored