First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Could you please explain what the tread lightly program is and what do they mean by 1% below invoice? Do they mean 1% below what the dealer paid or MSRP? If it is 1% below what dealer paid how will I know if they are telling me the truth of what they paid?
It is my understanding that the Tread Lightly $100 membership will get you 1% off the price of selected new Jeep models. This is regardless of whether you pay more or less than invoice. You must show the membership letter at the time you buy the Jeep. I did not need it when I placed my Jeep order, but I need to bring it when I pay for it and take delivery.
Sponsored

RT-Stocker

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Rubicon, 1999 Cherokee XJ, 2021 JLURD
I’ll be adding to the recommendation list for Rob Trachtman at Tuttle Click in Irvine. Zero hassle and super professional. If you are in SoCal I definitely recommend giving him your business.
Totally agreed with everything said about Rob Trachtman on this forum..... his positive reputation in the SoCal area precedes him. When I took delivery last week on my JLUR-D rig, Rob went out of his way to make sure that he brought down the price to match the original price he gave me, despite the fact that the factory had increased it by few hundred dollars after the initial order. Can't get better than this, just wanna give credit where credit's due.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Totally agreed with everything said about Rob Trachtman on this forum..... his positive reputation in the SoCal area precedes him. When I took delivery last week on my JLUR-D rig, Rob went out of his way to make sure that he brought down the price to match the original price he gave me, despite the fact that the factory had increased it by few hundred dollars after the initial order. Can't get better than this, just wanna give credit where credit's due.
What type of pricing does he offer? I spoke with someone else there a while back and they were only doing like 1% below MSRP where others (outside of CA and AZ) are 6% below invoice.

Zistrum

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR Picked up 5/10/21
What type of pricing does he offer? I spoke with someone else there a while back and they were only doing like 1% below MSRP where others (outside of CA and AZ) are 6% below invoice.
4% below invoice with Tread Lightly

RnR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Huge shoutout to Jason Beltran at Hawk CDJ in Forest Park, IL for helping me get my Sahara! Jason was so easy to work with- order process completely over email and phone, 6% below invoice with TL discount, in and out when taking delivery, no upselling. If you're in the Chicagoland area or willing to travel to the Midwest, you have to reach out to Jason!
Second the endorsement of Jason Beltran and Hawk CDJ. I was hesitant to call just on the forum comments, but I did and it turned into the best buying experience for a vehicle I have ever had. Essentially same experience as above. JLUR w/2.0 ordered on April 5, arrived at dealer April 23. No idea how it got built and delivered that fast. Jason was direct and upfront with no BS...delivered exactly as he promised.

Sponsored

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
That is great to hear. I am looking forward to meeting Rob in person. Everything has been by email so far.

I placed my order 04/30. Hopefully things run smoothly with the factory. Very excited, this is my first Jeep.

McCloude

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD / 2019 WK2 TH
I did not have a good experience with Leon of Criswell, Gaithersburg, MD. He was nice and polite, most of the time. I was trying to order starting last week, and while the 7% is a sweet deal, I asked about a trade evaluation. It took him 5 days to get around to it. I was told.. go to carmax, and that it didn't effect the sale. (Which is true, but not the whole picture). He basically wrote me off until 845 PM Monday (15 mins before the 7% went away) to tell me that my tradein was 4k under what I was quoted by other dealers in the area). And told me the deal is going away in 15 mins. Basically, completely canceling out the savings of the 7%.

So while 7% is great, it's not great if you're trading in as well. That's where they make their profit. I'm better off going with a dealer that is 1-2% under, but gives a competitive trade. So keep that in mind if you're planning on doing a trade in as well. They will give you what carvanna or carmax is offering, and no more. Whereas other dealers can, and often do give you significantly more.

My 2018 JLUR is 40k at Carvanna/Carmax, 41k at Criswell, and 45K at 3 other dealerships in MD.

bdubya74

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Pathfinder, 1966 Pontiac Tempest
Please see Post #2720 for Ohio info--specifically, Dublin.

Good luck for your purchase!
Appreciate the lead CWRUYOTE! Just ordered a '21 JLU Willys from Darius @ Crown Jeep Dublin. Bringing my own financing and they did 4.5% under invoice (including my TreadLightly discount)

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Not usually, but I am sure he is slammed, maybe send him a text?
He has been radio silent for me as well since last week. I am wondering if he is on vacation. Prior to last few days he was very responsive. I plan to give him a few more days then will try texting etc.

tintin741

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK Rubicon
I have been trying to place an order and talked to Leon yesterday. He was supposed to send me the pricing but has not responded after our initial contact. I live in northern virginia area. I even tried contacting Travis at Tri City in Greensville, NC and he has not been responding. Wondering if these folks are still interested in selling a vehicle.

Sponsored

meanddog

First Name
lydia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hondas and toyotas
I have been trying to place an order and talked to Leon yesterday. He was supposed to send me the pricing but has not responded after our initial contact. I live in northern virginia area. I even tried contacting Travis at Tri City in Greensville, NC and he has not been responding. Wondering if these folks are still interested in selling a vehicle.
Awhile back while researching prices around the country both Travis in NC and Philip Olson at Bud Clary in WA. were super fast and excellent with communication......Maybe the price change ? and other things are keeping them all busy or perplexed...
I ordered locally at Tuttleclick with Rob Trachtman because he has the best discount in California that i could find and to keep life simple.

michellini

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
He has been radio silent for me as well since last week. I am wondering if he is on vacation. Prior to last few days he was very responsive. I plan to give him a few more days then will try texting etc.
Any luck? I talked to him last night...
Do you have his phone number??

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Any luck? I talked to him last night...
Do you have his phone number??
Actually he reached out today, plan to touch base when I am off work. He not only called, but also reached out via email.

My guess is that he is busy. He has been very responsive until the last week or so. I actually was thinking my emails were going to spam etc. Calling is harder for me as I am on conference calls pretty much all day with most video calls now. (I deal with multiple countries around the world so days start really early, and last until late at night sometimes) so have to do a lot more over email than I would like.

michellini

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Actually he reached out today, plan to touch base when I am off work. He not only called, but also reached out via email.

My guess is that he is busy. He has been very responsive until the last week or so. I actually was thinking my emails were going to spam etc. Calling is harder for me as I am on conference calls pretty much all day with most video calls now. (I deal with multiple countries around the world so days start really early, and last until late at night sometimes) so have to do a lot more over email than I would like.
Glad he reached out!!

Good Luck
Sponsored