Recommended Dealers List

webechr

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler (Ordered)
I've posted here before but wanted to share an update! After working with a local dealer in Chicago and not feeling great about the pricing offered I came here and found references for Craig Benner at Koons in the DC area. SO SIMPLE. No negotiating just go on Jeeps website, create your dream Wranger, email him the pdf generated by jeeps site and he'll give you the price. SEVEN PERCENT below invoice (1k of that was contingent on dealer financing)! Unbeatable and no local dealer would match it. I placed my order on 11/23. It arrived at the dealer on 1/14. I flew to DC on 1/19, signed the papers, and was on the road back home within 2 hours of arrival. Ran into some snow on the drive but it was worth it for the $$$ I saved working with Craig. I would do it again in a heartbeat! If you're ready to place an order start with Craig!
[email protected]

Happy to have my Jeep home in Chicago!!!

2021-01-23_17-27-59_660.jpg
Sponsored

Thunderjet

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 F350
Congratulations. It always amazes me why a local dealer will pass up business which causes their potential customers to travel to a dealer out of state.

Last edited:

kennjen

First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Just over the NJ border in NY, near Nanuet
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU (coming soon)
For any one in NY / NJ tristate area. But especially for Northern NJ and Hudson Valley area, you should look at Suresky.

I just picked up my JLU at Suresky in Goshen, NY. They will do 4% off invoice for most jeeps including custom builds. I know you can eek out few more % by travelling, but I didn't think it was worth it. Especially so for my case because I found the exact jeep I want on the lot.

They were also a NO BS type of car dealer. They presented their good deal for the jeep and financing on their first offer. (This isn't to say that the deal could never be improved up on ever, but I thought I got more than a fair deal) This was the most honest and friendly car dealer I have ever worked with. I recommend this dealer highly and I will keep buying cars from them from now on.

I bought from Alex. He is very easy to deal with and responds very quickly :
[email protected] 845-450-0013 Ext 294
https://www.sureskycdjr.com/dealership/staff.htm#

Stupid thing to say, but I'm not affiliated with them. I'm just a happy customer that was able to get a good deal really quickly with very little effort when I couldn't even come close with few other dealers in the area.

K

webechr

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler (Ordered)
Congratulations. It always amazes me why a local dealer will pass up business which causes their potential customers to travel to a dealer out of state.
Yea, my understanding is the deal is a loser for the dealer unless they hit their volume quotas and FCA makes them whole again. A dealer willing to match it has to be willing to take the risk 2-3 months in advance of the factory order arrival when normally they might only decide to take a loss if it was the last few days of the month and they were just short of the quota. Koon’s (and any other dealer making these kinds of deals) strategy as a whole seem to be based solely on the volume/quotas/FCA reimbursement vs profit on individual sales which definitely benefits us as consumers. That’s the reason they focus on easy no haggle prices and top notch customer service so that people like me go around spreading the word!
My decision really came down the the ease of having a great deal in hand vs trying to hunt for a dealer willing to take a risk when most dealers here didn’t even want to engage in real discussion without getting me to visit their showrooms. Otherwise how would they upsell and get that good good margin!

Rgabon

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL with MT, PST, cold weather
I want to vouch for Rob Trachtman if you’re a CA buyer. I did my 2nd Jeep order (first with Rob) for a JL and had a great experience. In 2018 I used an out-of-state dealership at 6% below invoice (which is more like 4% with their high doc fee + travel) and better than any SoCal dealer was doing at the time. Rob does a no-BS 4% under invoice and this is great for CA in-state purchasers. There is no hard sell of accessories and no requirement to dealer finance. Rob is professional, attentive to emails, and is experienced and knowledgeable about the entire ordering process. I was in and out of the dealership on pick-up day in about 2 hours. My order was placed on 12/7/20 and the Jeep arrived at the dealer on 1/4/21.

I also want to share a positive post-sale experience with Rob. On a Thursday, I emailed Rob and let him know 2 B-pillar bolts in the passenger side grab handle were missing. By Friday, he arranged to pull the same bolts off a Jeep in inventory and even offered to bring to my home on Sunday. Since my need was not urgent and since he’s 60 miles away, I let him know it was ok to put bolts in the mail. All is good now.

Thank you forum members for your input on recommended dealers. Overall, I am satisfied with my recent buying experience with Rob Trachtman.

Fwiw, I got a 2021 stick shift JLUR in sting gray and optioned pretty skinny with only cold weather, aux switches, and proximity lock.

Sponsored

RobTrachtman

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttleclickchrysler.com
Vehicle(s)
19 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Fleet Manager Tuttle Click Jeep Chrysler Dodge Hyundai
I want to vouch for Rob Trachtman if you’re a CA buyer. I did my 2nd Jeep order (first with Rob) for a JL and had a great experience. In 2018 I used an out-of-state dealership at 6% below invoice (which is more like 4% with their high doc fee + travel) and better than any SoCal dealer was doing at the time. Rob does a no-BS 4% under invoice and this is great for CA in-state purchasers. There is no hard sell of accessories and no requirement to dealer finance. Rob is professional, attentive to emails, and is experienced and knowledgeable about the entire ordering process. I was in and out of the dealership on pick-up day in about 2 hours. My order was placed on 12/7/20 and the Jeep arrived at the dealer on 1/4/21.

I also want to share a positive post-sale experience with Rob. On a Thursday, I emailed Rob and let him know 2 B-pillar bolts in the passenger side grab handle were missing. By Friday, he arranged to pull the same bolts off a Jeep in inventory and even offered to bring to my home on Sunday. Since my need was not urgent and since he’s 60 miles away, I let him know it was ok to put bolts in the mail. All is good now.

Thank you forum members for your input on recommended dealers. Overall, I am satisfied with my recent buying experience with Rob Trachtman.

Fwiw, I got a 2021 stick shift JLUR in sting gray and optioned pretty skinny with only cold weather, aux switches, and proximity lock.
Thank you, I appreciate it very much.

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
Thanks for the info! I contacted him last night, sent him my build (I had an'18 JL and sold it last August
I've posted here before but wanted to share an update! After working with a local dealer in Chicago and not feeling great about the pricing offered I came here and found references for Craig Benner at Koons in the DC area. SO SIMPLE. No negotiating just go on Jeeps website, create your dream Wranger, email him the pdf generated by jeeps site and he'll give you the price. SEVEN PERCENT below invoice (1k of that was contingent on dealer financing)! Unbeatable and no local dealer would match it. I placed my order on 11/23. It arrived at the dealer on 1/14. I flew to DC on 1/19, signed the papers, and was on the road back home within 2 hours of arrival. Ran into some snow on the drive but it was worth it for the $$$ I saved working with Craig. I would do it again in a heartbeat! If you're ready to place an order start with Craig!
[email protected]

2021-01-23_17-27-59_660.jpg
[email protected]

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommended Dealers List 2021-01-23_17-27-59_660
Thanks for the info - called Craig last night and sent him my build! (I had an '18 JL but sold it in August - which I regret -can't wait to get back into a fun vehicle!!)

Rsb82

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
My wife and I have nothing but good things to say about Steve Boeckmann at Jim Butler in Linn MO. He was fast and attentive throughout the whole process and made it super easy in ordering my wife’s 2021 80th anniversary edition wrangler. It was well worth the drive down from Chicago- the local guys couldn’t come close to his no need to negotiate best offer. Even after the sale we had some unfortunate warranty issues that needed to be addressed in Chicago. He followed up with us and even tried to help troubleshoot with his technicians and forums while we were waiting to get in to our local dealership. That service is above and beyond, especially considering the volume he moves from forum referrals. We will definitely be returning customers when the time comes. Thank you Steve!

9E08FF31-95B9-44B0-8ADA-140F11E59430.png

JLNOLA

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport S MT
Mike was awesome and the process was effortless. Picked up my JLUR on Tuesday. Will visit him in the future!
Another vote for Mike at Mall of Georgia Jeep in Buford, GA. Crystal clear communication, excellent price (7% below invoice w/dealer financing), easily the best finance department I've dealt with and super quick pick up process.

Okietryon

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, F350
We had a great experience with Benson Jeep located in Greer, South Carolin. We talked to several other dealers in the area and was not real impressed and then tried Benson. Our sales person William Moore was great to work with and new what Tread Lightly was. After looking at the different Jeep’s and test driving a Willis diesel, we decided to order a JLURD in Nach. We started out at 6% below invoice and ended up 5+% below VERY HAPPY. You can contact William at 864-655-6146 or [email protected].

Sponsored

EZsmoke

First Name
dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon , 2020 Honda Ridgeline
My wife and I have nothing but good things to say about Steve Boeckmann at Jim Butler in Linn MO. He was fast and attentive throughout the whole process and made it super easy in ordering my wife’s 2021 80th anniversary edition wrangler. It was well worth the drive down from Chicago- the local guys couldn’t come close to his no need to negotiate best offer. Even after the sale we had some unfortunate warranty issues that needed to be addressed in Chicago. He followed up with us and even tried to help troubleshoot with his technicians and forums while we were waiting to get in to our local dealership. That service is above and beyond, especially considering the volume he moves from forum referrals. We will definitely be returning customers when the time comes. Thank you Steve!

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommended Dealers List 9E08FF31-95B9-44B0-8ADA-140F11E59430
I agree Steve is the best, very easy to deal with and $199 processing fee.

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
I was hoping somebody could recommend a dealer in the Chicagoland area that is decent to work with. I saw something about a sales rep at Tyson Motors in Shorewood but it looks like that guy has moved on.

I've seen a ton of people recommend Koon's, and even of recent, a fellow Chicago Jeeper went out there to pick one up. I was hoping for something a little closer to home than a long drive/vacation like that. Maybe something around Chicagoland, Indiana, Wisconsin, Southwest Michigan area.

Thunderjet

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 F350
I was hoping somebody could recommend a dealer in the Chicagoland area that is decent to work with. I saw something about a sales rep at Tyson Motors in Shorewood but it looks like that guy has moved on.

I've seen a ton of people recommend Koon's, and even of recent, a fellow Chicago Jeeper went out there to pick one up. I was hoping for something a little closer to home than a long drive/vacation like that. Maybe something around Chicagoland, Indiana, Wisconsin, Southwest Michigan area.
There is a dealer in Missouri that is highly recommended. I contacted them and they gave me a very good price. But in the end Buford Georgia was closer and that sealed the deal for me. Unfortunately I do not remember the Missouri dealer but its on this thread somewhere.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up a 2021 Rubi 2.0L from Prestige Jeep in Longmont, CO. I have affiliate pricing and managed to get 5% below invoice for a Jeep that they had to get from another dealer.

They offered me $1000 more for my trade than the next closest dealer. The only downside is that they wanted to keep my smittybilt winch. It's two years old so not really a biggie to me.

I dealt with Byron Nelson (yes, he gets lots of golf jokes). He was a ZERO pressure salesman. The same goes for the Prestige finance guy. Originally I came in with a preapproved loan for 2.99% from my CU. I told Byron that I was willing to use their financing but only if they substantially beat my CU. They came back with 2.19%. The payments are well below my max target. I also purchased GAP and the Mopar 5/60K extended warranty. We intend to keep this beast for a while..

I've carried over my XGCargo Magellan packs, the 67designs Rail and phone holders, and my dual ARB compressor (which still needs to be wired in). I also kept my sunrider for hardtop, which will be put back on in the spring. A stubby antenna is coming from Amazon today and I'll be buying a new winch soonish. Smittybilt has served me well but I'm seriously thinking of getting a Zeon 10-S Platinum this time around. I'll probably add a lift and 35s this spring.

The Rubi also came with the heavy duty rock sliders. Many those are overpriced. I didn't really want them either. I'll try to sell them later and get something from Rock-Slide Engineering.

50891858628_4d307a8e67_b.jpg

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
I really wish there was a dealer in Ohio that was easy to work with and offered a decent discount. I tried working with Crown at the recommendation of another person from this thread and the interaction and pricing was anything but pleasant. We ended up at another dealer and ultimately ordered through them (not my decision) and that was nothing but a hassle and nightmare.

I am now looking for a 2021 for myself and have doubts I will find a dealer who is customer service focused and willing to be reasonable on price. I will not travel to save a few hundred dollars, not worth it to me.
Sponsored