Recommended Dealers List

cburger71

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon; 2012 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2009 Corvette ZR1
I would highly recommend Jason Beltran at Hawk CDJR in Forest Park, IL. Placed my order on August 21 and took delivery on Oct. 6 (much faster than I expected). Jason is no non-sense. He quoted me an extremely attractive offer via email, suggested I sign up for the Tread Lightly membership for an additional 1% off. Great communication every step of the way. When I picked up my Wrangler his week, it was the most pain free car buying experience I've ever had. Again, no BS. Anyone in the Chicago Metro area or midwest, give Jason a call.

Jason Beltran
708-366-1001
Jeep Wrangler JL Recommended Dealers List IMG_6142.JPG
Sponsored

NOVA-Jeeper

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Just a quick DEALER TO AVOID note: Lindsay Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Manassas, VA.

I emailed them what I wanted (2020/2021 2-Door, Manual Sport with AC in white, silver or gray with either a hard or soft top -- Nothing Else) and what I was willing to pay <$28k exclusive of taxes (4.15%), tag, title and dealer fees. I explained that I knew I was asking for a lot in terms of the specs and price, but this was a want to have not need to have and I was willing to wait, but firm on specs/price.

So one their Internet sales people texts me they have found what I want and at my price, when can I come in ? I called and 'shocker' the Wrangler she found had a ton of extras. When I told her I wasn't interested and willing to wait, she suggested a factory order.

I said I'd consider an order, but you need to beat 7% under invoice since I could get that from other dealers in the area. She was clearly flustered and put her manager on, who told me "we don't go below invoice on factory orders" in a tone that implied he was offended someone would ask that. I thanked him for his time and said good bye.

BLUF - this reinforces what a class act Leon Travis is at Criswells.

FourDiiNiN

Threads
Reaction score
Sweet Smoldering Sunny Southern California'
Vehicle(s)
Le' garage de empty
Very BAD experience(s) with dealer in southern California (Tustin auto group Irvine) over priced and poor service.

J star Jeep in Anaheim was second place for bad prices and bad experience, the internet sales manager made an appointment with me and didn't have the decency to be there when I arrived. He wanted to do a "facetime" sale from his home on an iphone while I ran around his sales lot looking at locked jeeps... yeah.

If anyone has suggestions for a reputable dealer in Socal, please let me know.

Last edited:

Lakeland Dodge Boys

First Name
Mike P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, Pacifica, Grand Cherokee, 19 JL Sport.
Having a little trouble. Back in late 2017 I ordered from Kim @ Superior Jeep in Conway, Arkansas. Just a few miles South of me. Wound up being 6% below, $199 doc fee. Flawless transaction. No surprises. Perfect. I was her 2nd order of 100+ she has done. First JL in the State of Arkansas. I contacted her last week and told her I'd like to order again and are they still doing the same deals. She's said defiantly, send me your build. Sent her wait I want last Friday and I've checked in a couple times since..... Crickets. So I figured why not try the gentleman that's been recommended here in Linn, Missouri. Sent him an email and later a message via JL Forums. Again, crickets. Checked my email to make sure they sent, test emails to myself, lol :) Maybe they are really busy and that's cool. I'm not the only car buyer on the planet. Just, how about a "I got your email, I'll work on it and get back with you". Guess I'll move onto the next closest that can get me 5-7% below and give them a shot. I'm really not want to fly to Virginia....... Once again. Not badmouthing either dealer. Great deals. Maybe it's vacation time :)
Hey Tod. This is Mike Peralta from Lakeland FL. I will be glad to be able to help you with your build. Send me your build to the contact below and I will check what I can do for you. Are you a member of Tread Lightly? Let me know.

Michael Peralta
Internet Sales Manager
Cell: 863-904-7033
Office: 863-687-2501 Ext. 380
Email: [email protected]

WhitneyWillys

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys
Two thumbs up for Rob Trachtman at Tuttle Click in Irvine, CA. Picked up my custom ordered 2021 JLU Willys from him earlier this week. The entire process right from seeking a quote (which was the most competitive that I could find in SoCal) to picking up the Jeep was super smooth. Rob was available on phone and email throughout and was super responsive. All my interaction with him was over phone/email up until the last day when I stopped by for the pick up. He was able to provide better updates on the status of the build and shipping than Jeep chat service.

Sponsored

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
Very BAD experience(s) with dealer in southern California (Tustin auto group Irvine) over priced and poor service.

J star Jeep in Anaheim was second place for bad prices and bad experience, the internet sales manager made an appointment with me and didn't have the decency to be there when I arrived. He wanted to do a "facetime" sale from his home on an iphone while I ran around his sales lot looking at locked jeeps... yeah.

If anyone has suggestions for a reputable dealer in Socal, please let me know.
Rob Trachtman at Tuttle Click in Irvine, CA

RobTrachtman

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttleclickchrysler.com
Vehicle(s)
19 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Fleet Manager Tuttle Click Jeep Chrysler Dodge Hyundai
Two thumbs up for Rob Trachtman at Tuttle Click in Irvine, CA. Picked up my custom ordered 2021 JLU Willys from him earlier this week. The entire process right from seeking a quote (which was the most competitive that I could find in SoCal) to picking up the Jeep was super smooth. Rob was available on phone and email throughout and was super responsive. All my interaction with him was over phone/email up until the last day when I stopped by for the pick up. He was able to provide better updates on the status of the build and shipping than Jeep chat service.
Thank you again!

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Just a quick DEALER TO AVOID note: Lindsay Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Manassas, VA.

So one their Internet sales people texts me they have found what I want and at my price, when can I come in ? I called and 'shocker' the Wrangler she found had a ton of extras. When I told her I wasn't interested and willing to wait, she suggested a factory order.

I said I'd consider an order, but you need to beat 7% under invoice since I could get that from other dealers in the area. She was clearly flustered and put her manager on, who told me "we don't go below invoice on factory orders" in a tone that implied he was offended someone would ask that. I thanked him for his time and said good bye.
The dealers offering 7% to 8% are making their profit on dealer incentives for being a high volume dealer and making very little on the sale. Many of those dealers also have high document fees as well. Not all dealers can match that price. To ask the dealer beat that price was probably unrealistic and they maybe have been losing breaking even money on the sale. The dealer probably didn't take you as a serious potential buyer from that dealership at that point.

RedJlu

First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 firecracker red Sahara (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubicon (ordered)
Jeep Wrangler JL Recommended Dealers List 20201010_100003

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommended Dealers List 20201010_095906

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommended Dealers List 20201010_100050

Picked up at Koons. ordered through Craig Benner; 8% off invoice with tread lightly. (8 weeks from order to pickup). dealership may have 899 processing fee but the higher discount, professionalism from Craig and overall experience from dealership well worth it. Highly recommend.

Last edited:

SDroaming

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Another strong endorsement for Rob Trachtman at Tuttle-Click in Irvine. Best pricing and no hassle order experience in Southern California (San Diego, Orange County, Los Angles)! We did everything over the phone and email and the pickup process could not have been smoother. Well worth a one hour drive compared to the multiple dealers within a 20 minute radius of my home. This transaction was probably my best dealer experience ever, including high end luxury vehicles...and I am not so young :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommended Dealers List JLUR First Day 2

Sponsored

NOVA-Jeeper

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
The dealers offering 7% to 8% are making their profit on dealer incentives for being a high volume dealer and making very little on the sale. Many of those dealers also have high document fees as well. Not all dealers can match that price. To ask the dealer beat that price was probably unrealistic and they maybe have been losing breaking even money on the sale. The dealer probably didn't take you as a serious potential buyer from that dealership at that point.
Lindsay is not a small dealer, granted they aren't as big as the dealers who offer the the 7% - 8%, but they're not a mom and pop dealership.

However, when a potential buyer asked them if they could beat an offer and their answer was to not even engage, I can only interpret that as they are more interested in wringing every last cent out of fewer customers vice making less profit on more sales.

That's not illegal or even unethical, but in my opinion, a dealer with that philosophy is one to be avoided.

OscarMike85

First Name
Calder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Accord
Just picked up from Kent at Peterson in Nampa Idaho. If anyone is thinking about buying from him, I can give you the skinny on the entire experience. Bottom line: highly recommend.

GonnaGetLost

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GMC 1500, 2021 JLUR
Occupation
Auto Mfg Equipment Engineer
Anyone in the Ohio area, I recommend Crown CJDR in Dublin, OH. Reach out to Darius Skinner (Internet Sales Manager) at [email protected], 614-761-2360.

So far the process has been easy 1.) did build, 2.) he gave me quote, 3.) I gave my target and 4.) we agreed. They came in just over 6% (6.3% to be exact) under invoice w/ TL + $486 doc/fees + Tax. I placed my order last week and now just waiting.

I have not bought a car in nearly 20 years due to company leased cars so I was not looking forward to the process (and reading all the stories about how a lot of dealers won’t “deal”) but could not have been any easier!

Last edited:

FourDiiNiN

Threads
Reaction score
Sweet Smoldering Sunny Southern California'
Vehicle(s)
Le' garage de empty
Rob Trachtman at Tuttle Click in Irvine, CA
Another strong endorsement for Rob Trachtman at Tuttle-Click in Irvine. Best pricing and no hassle order experience in Southern California (San Diego, Orange County, Los Angles)! We did everything over the phone and email and the pickup process could not have been smoother. Well worth a one hour drive compared to the multiple dealers within a 20 minute radius of my home. This transaction was probably my best dealer experience ever, including high end luxury vehicles...and I am not so young :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommended Dealers List JLUR First Day 2
Thank you all!! for your prompt recommendations!

Thank you again!
Will call you Rob, after I'm done work.

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
Hey Tod. This is Mike Peralta from Lakeland FL. I will be glad to be able to help you with your build. Send me your build to the contact below and I will check what I can do for you. Are you a member of Tread Lightly? Let me know.

Michael Peralta
Internet Sales Manager
Cell: 863-904-7033
Office: 863-687-2501 Ext. 380
Email: [email protected]
Hey Mike, sending you an email now. Thanks!
Sponsored