First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue 2019 Sahara
Occupation
Finance
Highly recommend Peterson Jeep in Boise. I just recently picked up a ordered JLUR, process was very easy and ordering even easier. Discount off of invoice was right around 8%. Have another friend doing the same thing.

We flew in to Boise, spent 45mins at the dealer (they picked us up at the airport) and drove off and back to Colorado.

Kent Shurtleff is the guy to talk to for a special order jeep, no hassle, no bs.
[email protected]

I am currently in Salt Lake City desperately looking to get a special order in for a new JL at ~8% off invoice. Had no luck with dealerships in my area, they all but laughed in my face. I will be reaching out to him! Do you have any advice for me to help w/ the negotiation?
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I'll answer for sobeit. We both ordered from Tyson Motors at 6% (with TL) under which is the best I could find near Chicago, most dealers basically laughed at that deal when I asked them to match or beat. $180 doc fee which is lower than many others who report 7-8% under invoice deals. Processing for those deals is $399-$699 or more (which is difference .5-1% or more of invoice price).
I do some volunteer work and as a result I help buy a LOT of cars every year. The automotive sales business is a pretty small community. Over time I have met a lot of people in the business. I have met and worked with many dealers, owners, managers, sales people. Staff, managers and sales people move from one brand or dealership to another all the time. The corporate culture at each dealer varies greatly. I would avoid some dealers like the plague for their shady business practices. Every once in a while I come across a dealership that is exceptional. The owners are honest and the service reflects it. I have not met the owners of Tyson but I can say they are doing something right. Very few dealers are as professional and transparent as Tyson. Jason Beltran is the #2 salesperson in the entire Country out of about 70,000 FCA sales people. That is no easy feat. I can easily see why Jason is the #2 sales person in the Country. He is a straight shooter, no BS, he will give you the best possible price possible. He is super efficient and professional. His customer service is bar none. I HIGHLY recommend Tyson Motors in Shorewood IL and Jason Beltran. Jason will make anyone's new car buying experience as easy as humanly possible. Anyone considering a FCA product will not regret their buying experience from Tyson. Like I said I help buy a lot of cars and have met a lot of people over the years. These Guys are the cream of the crop.

TheEddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Picked up my JLUR from Tyson Motors this morning. Great experience. Ask for Rex Smiley as he was great to work with, and very responsive over email throughout the ordering, waiting, and sales process.

6% off invoice with Tread Lightly.
$180 processing fee.
Ordered 3/14 delivered 3/27.

Midwestguy

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Picked up my JLUR from Kent Shurtleff @petersenchryslerdodge in Nampa, ID last week. For sure was THE best deal I could have gotten anywhere- Im certain of it. Kent is so easy to work with I cant imagine it being any better. No joke.

To cap it off, the parts/accessories options I got from Derik was endless. He knows every option out there and more importantly knows what does/doesnt work. Specifically wheel and tire fitment/offsets! Flew into Boise from Minnesota and drove back (yep, long drive). Im not exaggerating when I say its the best vehicle experience Ive ever encountered....and that is saying alot cause Im 45 and picky as hell - LOL.

920830DA-9ADA-40CF-AF56-03E9C109F342.jpeg

Sponsored

Roadglide

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Picked up my JLUR from Tyson Motors this morning. Great experience. Ask for Rex Smiley as he was great to work with, and very responsive over email throughout the ordering, waiting, and sales process.

6% off invoice with Tread Lightly.
$180 processing fee.
Ordered 3/14 delivered 3/27.
You had a Jeep built and delivered in 13 days!!! Sure you did!! The first liar doesn't have a chance.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
You had a Jeep built and delivered in 13 days!!! Sure you did!! The first liar doesn't have a chance.
Only takes 2-3 days to build once they start. Toledo is pumping them out really fast lately. Mine was in BODY 5 days after ordering and fully built and inspected 3 days later. Then it had to wait at the factory 4-5 days to be loaded on a truck. Mine took 14 days from order to delivery at dealer.

Last edited:

grapesie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Hard Rock
Only takes 2-3 days to build once they start. Toledo is pumping them out really fast lately. Mine was in BODY 5 days after ordering and fully built and inspected 3 days later. Then it had to wait at the factory 4-5 days to be loaded on a truck. Mine took 14 days from order to delivery at dealer.
Yup. Ordered mine from Jim Marsh in Vegas (absolutely recommend Antonio, btw) - Order was late night Friday, 3/22 and was built by 4/1 awaiting shipping.

ely-bound

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'83 FJ60, '19 JLUR 3.6 MT
My JLUR arrived at the dealer on Saturday. I received outstanding service from Motor Inn of Spirit Lake, Iowa. I worked with Spencer Heywood at the dealership to place my order.

To my surprise when I arrived at the dealership, the Jeep was parked inside, detailed to the point there wasn't a fingerprint or spec of dirt visible, had a full tank of gas, and I was only charged $75 in dealer fees. They had me out of the dealership and on the road, with all the paperwork signed, in about 50 minutes.

At 5% under invoice and $75 in fees, I highly recommend Motor Inn. Less than 200 miles and +/- 3 hours from MSP.

Sponsored

TEOTWAWKI Rubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 1955 Ford Thunderbird
For anyone looking for a dealership in the Atlanta area, I would definitely recommend Mike Clinnin from the Mall of Georgia dealership. Mike worked largely from email and we were able to get more than 7% below invoice with no questions asked. He was very straight forward and responsive with his communications. I had requested quotes from other dealerships and they all either called days later, or emailed and told me they did not have the specific options in stock. With Mike's help, we were able to order our 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited with every option we wanted, and he was able to provide updates on the status along the way. He also worked with us to install an aftermarket lift, wheels and tires that were already installed when we arrived to pick the Jeep up. This was the best auto buying experience I have had!

Mike's info:
Mike Clinnin
Mall of GA CDJ
770-713-5364
[email protected]
I'll second this. Mike was great. No hassle, just straight shooter--gave good deal and I ran with it. Got my Rubicon 3 weeks after ordering it from the factory.

BlackForestJp

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
I posted this in the "recommended Colorado dealers" thread but I thought I'd post it here also.

I ordered and picked up on April 8th a 2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited from Prestige Jeep in Longmont from Levi Toney.
MSRP = 57,620
Invoice = 54052

Price before tax was $49,965.
I used the Tread Lightly discount and they beat the price quote I had from Kent from Peterson in Boise ID.
They did not force me to use any in-house financing and Matt from the financing dept took only 15 min to wrap up the deal.
Overall a great experience by Levi from Prestige, I would not hesitate to recommend him and Prestige.

IMG_0655.jpeg

heels19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Wrangler Sahara (Sting Gray), 14 Wrangler Sahara (Dune)
For anyone looking to buy a Jeep in the PNW, highly recommend Dwayne Lane CDJR in Everett (20 minutes north of Seattle). Really good experience on the build, you'll get 5-8% off invoice, was able to lock a .0017MF on a 42 month lease, etc.

DM me for contact info of two primary sales contacts...

IMG_20190409_132833.jpg

PacNW

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR V6 Manual Sting-Gray-ordered
For anyone looking to buy a Jeep in the PNW, highly recommend Dwayne Lane CDJR in Everett (20 minutes north of Seattle). Really good experience on the build, you'll get 5-8% off invoice, was able to lock a .0017MF on a 42 month lease, etc.

DM me for contact info of two primary sales contacts...

IMG_20190409_132833.jpg

JennsJeep

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Just picked up my wife's Jeep from Fitzpatrick's in Ansonia, CT. We live on Long Island. Hands down best car buying experience I've had. From start to finish. Mark was always quick to respond to all questions and requests. Honest and a pleasure to do business with. We we're in and out in less than an hour. Highly recommend @FitzSince1923.

FB_IMG_1555034588231.jpg
Sponsored