Recommended Dealers List

Spike

First Name
Spike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLR 2 Door
I just ordered a 2019 JL Rubicon 2 door from Travis at Tri-City in Eden, NC, and he offered my 5% outright or 6% if I had an Affiliate Number (which I obtained by signing up to Tread Lightly for $100). So, I ended up receiving 6% below invoice. I am now eagerly awaiting the delivery of the JL so I can verify steering and welding, fuses, etc. and then take it home. Very easy to deal with.

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
I just bought my 2 door sport s from Koons last night after dealing with Craig Benner who was easily the best salesperson I've ever dealt with at a dealership. After emailing Criswell, Farish, and Koons all the exact same order sheet, Craig responded within 12 hours. Criswell responded 3 weeks later, Farish never responded at all. Craig responded to every email I ever sent within 12 hours, and answered every single call I made to his cell. Craig gave me the 6.5% below invoice, I signed the paper work, and less than a month later the Jeep came in (ordered on December 7th, It arrived at the Dealership on January 4th). What i especially liked about Craig is he didn't try to upsell me on any b.s. paint protection or extended warranty etc. at all whatsoever. It was the most straightforward deal I've done and I will go back to Craig for any and all Jeep orders in the future.
Is this dealership in VA? Did you have to finance through them or need any affiliate numbers to get that price? Thanks.

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
Is this dealership in VA? Did you have to finance through them or need any affiliate numbers to get that price? Thanks.
I also bought from Koons and Craig (6.51% off invoice but $699 processing fee). It does not require financing although I'm still awaiting delivery.

EDIT: That was without an affiliate code.

practicaltact

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S Mojito 2 Door
Yes they are in Vienna VA, Tysons Corner. Financing is not required. You can get an additional .5% off with a Tread Lightly membership. While other dealerships may offer a cheaper doc fee, what good is it if they don't respond to you? The title of the thread says 5% off invoice but since then they've increased the discount as you'll see later in the thread. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...r-2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-5-under-invoice.2385/

Sponsored

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes they are in Vienna VA, Tysons Corner. Financing is not required. You can get an additional .5% off with a Tread Lightly membership. While other dealerships may offer a cheaper doc fee, what good is it if they don't respond to you? The title of the thread says 5% off invoice but since then they've increased the discount as you'll see later in the thread. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...r-2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-5-under-invoice.2385/
Awesome. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also bought from Koons and Craig (6.51% off invoice but $699 processing fee). It does not require financing although I'm still awaiting delivery.

EDIT: That was without an affiliate code.
Cool. Thanks for the input. I think the high doc fee in the end might be the same as being required to finance at a high rate for 6 months and then refi. I guess it's easier just to pay extra up front and not have to go through the hassle of a refi.

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
Cool. Thanks for the input. I think the high doc fee in the end might be the same as being required to finance at a high rate for 6 months and then refi. I guess it's easier just to pay extra up front and not have to go through the hassle of a refi.
For me the $699 was about 1.3% of the invoice price and I took that into account. As @practicaltact said, Craig has been very responsive. I had a couple of local dealers that had a hard time answering emails.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Kent has been well used on this forum by many... I can assure you it’s sooo not a scam. What he doesn’t say in great depth initially (I asked him and he answered this) is that the Jeep must be financed for the full amount up front by their affiliate which is Bank of America and from what other members say it’s for 72 months. This will yield the worst interest APR even for the best credit. You must keep the account open for 6 Months at which point u can payoff or refinance with a different lender...

HOWEVER you get to put as much as u want downon the first payment. But you
Must leave a balance for the remaining 5 months. But there’s nothing about how little you leave... Example if your Jeep is $50 k and apr is 4% (it’s going to be higher Bc it’s a 72 month term that you must do... I’m approved for 3.49% by Bank of America but can’t use that to get the dealership discount ) your apr is $2,000 for that first year. Your very first payment can be $49,995 leaving all but $5 left. But you have to pay one Month of full apr which is $2000/12= $167... for the remaining $5 for the last 5 months the apr rate remains the same but the amount of interest is recalculated Bc there’s only $5 left... I specifically addressed this and talked to the BoA loan officer... Bc I didn’t want to be surprised by any fees. There is no penalty for early payoff with Bank of America. There will be a payoff fee though which has nothing to do with Peterson’s. It’s in the lenders hands but it’s minuscule. I just paid my f-150 off, and I’m pretty sure it was a prorated interest rate for that month I paid.

@RegalZ can probably tell us the accurate numbers Bc he’s actually got his car in hand where I’m just on order. But I did verify with BOA the above process as I want to payoff ASAP.
They have several lenders they work with, but everything else is right on the money.

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would highly advise not using Koon's in VA if you are travelling any distance and have a trade-in. Low trade value plus a non-refundable $1k deposit on the order is a no-can-do for me. You lose all leverage if you agree to that.

Last edited:

Sponsored

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
I would highly advise not using Koon's in VA if you have a trade-in. Low trade value plus a non-refundable $1k deposit on the order is a no-can-do for me. You lose all leverage if you agree to that.
I didn't have an issue with the $1k deposit since I was ordering what I wanted. I"m not sure what leverage you lose unless you ended up not ordering what you wanted. This price is agreed to ahead of time regardless of your trade in.

As far as a trade in, I dealt with that separately. If you don't like their price, sell it yourself or check something like Carmax. The two are not tied together unless you want them to be.

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't have an issue with the $1k deposit since I was ordering what I wanted. I"m not sure what leverage you lose unless you ended up not ordering what you wanted. This price is agreed to ahead of time regardless of your trade in.

As far as a trade in, I dealt with that separately. If you don't like their price, sell it yourself or check something like Carmax. The two are not tied together unless you want them to be.
Yes, they're separate but selling privately with financing on the vehicle is next to impossible. You need to have a free and clear title in hand for that. So, I need to trade it in with the transaction. It's also favorable to do so for tax purposes. How would it be in my best interest to give them $1K, drive 350 miles with my trade only to have them low-ball the value. The ability to walk away from the deal is greatly reduced considering there's $1k already lost.

What happens if you lose your job while your waiting for it to be built? Or wreck your trade? Or get hospitalized? Life comes at you fast. That's a risk I'm not willing to agree to. I've ordered twice from dealers. The deposits were refundable. It's not like they can't sell the vehicle if I don't buy it.

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
Yes, they're separate but selling privately with financing on the vehicle is next to impossible. You need to have a free and clear title in hand for that. So, I need to trade it in with the transaction. It's also favorable to do so for tax purposes. How would it be in my best interest to give them $1K, drive 350 miles with my trade only to have them low-ball the value. The ability to walk away from the deal is greatly reduced considering there's $1k already lost.

What happens if you lose your job while your waiting for it to be built? Or wreck your trade? Or get hospitalized? Life comes at you fast. That's a risk I'm not willing to agree to. I've ordered twice from dealers. The deposits were refundable. It's not like they can't sell the vehicle if I don't buy it.
Getting rid of a trade in is always a PITA. When I talked to Koons on the phone, they gave me a reasonable offer on my trade in over the phone (low end blue book) sight unseen. I did get a better off at Carmax and sold it there (high end blue book). You could always stop by Carmax on the way to Koons to have an alternate offer in place. There are other options available.

If I custom order a car and we agree on the price, I plan on buying it. You can definitely work your trade in into the deal, I just don't see an upside except it is easier.

As far as worrying about losing your job, or wreck your trade, or get hospitalized, or a meteor falls from the sky and crushes your big toe.... $1k of deposit money I can work out later is the least of my problems. I can worry about Godzilla crushing my house but its not worth the effort.

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Getting rid of a trade in is always a PITA. When I talked to Koons on the phone, they gave me a reasonable offer on my trade in over the phone (low end blue book) sight unseen. I did get a better off at Carmax and sold it there (high end blue book). You could always stop by Carmax on the way to Koons to have an alternate offer in place. There are other options available.

If I custom order a car and we agree on the price, I plan on buying it. You can definitely work your trade in into the deal, I just don't see an upside except it is easier.

As far as worrying about losing your job, or wreck your trade, or get hospitalized, or a meteor falls from the sky and crushes your big toe.... $1k of deposit money I can work out later is the least of my problems. I can worry about Godzilla crushing my house but its not worth the effort.
I get it. Odds are no catastrophe will happen. That's just too much lost leverage for my liking. I'll look into Carmax and some other options to sell. I have no issues with that other than losing the sales tax benefit. I'll just have to wait until it warms up a little so I can drive my other cars if I sell the JK before delivery.

Makosdad

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Ocean Blue
Just picked up my 2109 Ocean Blue Wrangler JLU Sahara (loaded with everything but the ashtray!) from R.I. Suresky & Son in Goshen NY. Salesman Mike Knight ([email protected]) above and beyond to ensure a smooth and easy deal. Ordered 12/20 and delivered 1/15, how can anyone argue with that. 5% off invoice and $75 NYS DOC fee. Highly recommend you contact him for your order . . .

IMG_7570.jpg
IMG_7572.jpg
Sponsored