Sponsored

Recommended Dealers List

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
Here's my buying experience, thanks for all the great info everyone. After I checked out some local dealers in person, phone, and email, they all had the attitude of "it's a Wrangler, MSRP or nothing, nobody does deals." Based off of the recommendations on this forum, I contacted several dealers near Chicago and decided on Jason Beltran at Tyson Motors in Shorewood, IL. He was great, communicated fast, no BS or fluff, everything was up front and he delivered. He got me 6% below invoice with the tread lightly + my mil discount. That's over 11% below MSRP. Trade in was fair KBBB instant value. Communicated mostly with email and once via phone. Delivery day was just as smooth. I ordered 10/08 and I got the email that it was here 12/17. It's now been home for 3 days =)

Jason Beltran w/Tyson Motors Shorewood, Illinois 60404 (815-741-5530)
[email protected]

He is legit!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_139b.jpg
Sponsored

RocnTJ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1948 Willys PU, 1949 Willys Jeepster, 2011 Grand Cherokee
Just wanted to give a thumbs up to Kent Shurtleff at Peterson CDJR in Nampa, ID.

We purchased the JLUR over the phone at 7.8% under invoice. Our first purchase of a new vehicle from an out of State dealer. He kept us informed of the build status and when it was ready we flew from Sacramento to Boise, ID where Kent personally picked us up at the airport and drove us to the dealership. Paperwork was ready and we were out the door in less than 2 HRs. Could have made the drive back in the same day but decided to stop in Winnemucca for the night to break up the drive. Got a letter from the CA DMV about three weeks later saying the paperwork was ready and to come in and pick up the plates and registration.

I went ahead and had it smogged ahead of going into the DMV because the DMV web site said you needed to get smog certificate to register an out of state vehicle. They never asked me for the Smog certificate and I questioned the DMV clerk as to why they did not ask for it and she did not have an answer. She confirmed that it was a requirement to have out of state vehicles smogged but said that her computer screen was not asking for a smog certificate. She said maybe it was already in the DMV computer system but the tech at the Smog station said if the car has never been registered in CA they cannot enter the information directly into the computer system they gave me a paper certificate to take to DMV. The VIN verifier at DMV checked the manufacturer's smog certification under the hood in addition to verifying the VIN so I am not convinced that you actually have to get an out of State new vehicle smogged to register it in CA. Someone that has time to make multiple trips to DMV may want to try skipping the smog certificate and saving another $50.

Best car purchasing experience we have ever had. Cost us maybe $500 to save over $4,000 - I doubt that we will ever buy another new car from a dealer in CA.

OurismanClarksville

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Sahara
Hello All,

Marco Brown here from Ourisman Jeep of Clarksville, MD!
Just letting everyone know that I am offering another group buy!

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-of-clarksville-md-group-buy-6-25-7-25.20708/

Ourisman Jeep of Clarksville, MD is now offering a group buy for Jeep Forum Members.

6.25% off invoice & 7.25% off with Tread Lightly, Destination Included. $300.00 Dealer Processing Fee.

Our Group Buy discount comes out to around 12%-14% off MSRP!

You can also submit your build/configuration via google forms!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1w1xehenSkLyCVhdPcBs1FXOikBsjpVezvyQ4lOmnG2Q

Browse our inventory!
WWW.OURISMANCHRYSLER.COM

Last edited:

AustinofAK

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
has anyone worked with Dennis Dillon in Idaho?
Their prices seem too good to be true. They were going to do almost $12,000 under MSRP on a $56,000 build.

We live in Alaska and want to order a JLU Rubicon. Because we don’t have many options for dealers they just don’t budge on price up here. I know it’s going to be a long road trip no matter where we order from so really open to dealers anywhere in the country. Just looking for the best deal and experience.

JLforlife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubi
has anyone worked with Dennis Dillon in Idaho?
Their prices seem too good to be true. They were going to do almost $12,000 under MSRP on a $56,000 build.

We live in Alaska and want to order a JLU Rubicon. Because we don’t have many options for dealers they just don’t budge on price up here. I know it’s going to be a long road trip no matter where we order from so really open to dealers anywhere in the country. Just looking for the best deal and experience.
I recommend going to see Kent at Peterson Auto Group. 20 minutes down the road and 100% better experience and price. Do yourself a favor and try him out. He absolutely is the best deal and buying experience. He’s all over the forums. Reputation is everything!! He’s got the good rep.

Kent Shurtleff
208-741-1289

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Here's my buying experience, thanks for all the great info everyone. After I checked out some local dealers in person, phone, and email, they all had the attitude of "it's a Wrangler, MSRP or nothing, nobody does deals." Based off of the recommendations on this forum, I contacted several dealers near Chicago and decided on Jason Beltran at Tyson Motors in Shorewood, IL. He was great, communicated fast, no BS or fluff, everything was up front and he delivered. He got me 6% below invoice with the tread lightly + my mil discount. That's over 11% below MSRP. Trade in was fair KBBB instant value. Communicated mostly with email and once via phone. Delivery day was just as smooth. I ordered 10/08 and I got the email that it was here 12/17. It's now been home for 3 days =)

[email protected]

He is legit!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_139b.jpg
I live 10 min from Tyson and am working with Jason as well. Not much BS, pretty straight forward 6% off invoice which was great. He did give me some guff about removing the $200 wheel lugs from the order though, union shop blah blah. Not paying $150 markup for locking lugs which is a 5min job. Then says I will have to sign a waiver if my rims get stolen from his lot...lol. How exactly am I responsible for your lot not being secure for a car that I don't even own? What if the whole car is stolen, should I have to pay for that too? Not signing shit sorry. After that everything was good though, was definitely worth being so close to my house too.

carboy

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Unlimited, 1997 TJ
Occupation
Public Service (Retired)

[email protected]

He is legit!

Every vehicle I've purchased over the last 35-ish years, have always been black... to include the 2 new JK's, 1 new TJ and a used '95 YJ back in 1996. Black is timeless albeit a little tuff to keep looking nice... that said, gotta tell ya, your new JL really looks good in what I'm assuming is Granite Crystal, beautiful. Congratulations on your new ride, enjoy!

5747kwk1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (TBT)
Just wanted to give a thumbs up to Kent Shurtleff at Peterson CDJR in Nampa, ID.

We purchased the JLUR over the phone at 7.8% under invoice. Our first purchase of a new vehicle from an out of State dealer. He kept us informed of the build status and when it was ready we flew from Sacramento to Boise, ID where Kent personally picked us up at the airport and drove us to the dealership. Paperwork was ready and we were out the door in less than 2 HRs. Could have made the drive back in the same day but decided to stop in Winnemucca for the night to break up the drive. Got a letter from the CA DMV about three weeks later saying the paperwork was ready and to come in and pick up the plates and registration.

I went ahead and had it smogged ahead of going into the DMV because the DMV web site said you needed to get smog certificate to register an out of state vehicle. They never asked me for the Smog certificate and I questioned the DMV clerk as to why they did not ask for it and she did not have an answer. She confirmed that it was a requirement to have out of state vehicles smogged but said that her computer screen was not asking for a smog certificate. She said maybe it was already in the DMV computer system but the tech at the Smog station said if the car has never been registered in CA they cannot enter the information directly into the computer system they gave me a paper certificate to take to DMV. The VIN verifier at DMV checked the manufacturer's smog certification under the hood in addition to verifying the VIN so I am not convinced that you actually have to get an out of State new vehicle smogged to register it in CA. Someone that has time to make multiple trips to DMV may want to try skipping the smog certificate and saving another $50.

Best car purchasing experience we have ever had. Cost us maybe $500 to save over $4,000 - I doubt that we will ever buy another new car from a dealer in CA.
Glad you had a great experience with Kent. What was your doc fee?

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I live 10 min from Tyson and am working with Jason as well. Not much BS, pretty straight forward 6% off invoice which was great. He did give me some guff about removing the $200 wheel lugs from the order though, union shop blah blah. Not paying $150 markup for locking lugs which is a 5min job. Then says I will have to sign a waiver if my rims get stolen from his lot...lol. How exactly am I responsible for your lot not being secure for a car that I don't even own? What if the whole car is stolen, should I have to pay for that too? Not signing shit sorry. After that everything was good though, was definitely worth being so close to my house too.
Haha you got me there, yes the only fluff was the $200 locking lug nuts but at the time of order I saw that this charge was pretty common on the example order sheets posting up. Nicely done.

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! You’re right on the timeless for black - it is the granite crystal.

Sponsored

RegalZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 Raptor, 2015 JKUR
+1 for Kent at Peterson. Picked up Sting Gray JLUR Friday, great experience. Kent picked us up at the airport at 10:40, drove us to the dealership, inspected the vehicle, handed over to finance which was all done but the signing. $48750 @ 5.63 for 72 months through B of A. I have 775+ credit, so I think the rate is high and I would never ordinarily do 72 months or no down payment, so I’ll pay it down to $25k and refi after 6 months. Drove off the lot and headed back to Denver at 11:36 but only after making sure he put me on his Gladiator list which is apparently 60 deep already

8D2F7627-980B-4D9A-B2CD-5F563B37D40E.jpeg

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
+1 for Kent at Peterson. Picked up Sting Gray JLUR Friday, great experience. Kent picked us up at the airport at 10:40, drove us to the dealership, inspected the vehicle, handed over to finance which was all done but the signing. $48750 @ 5.63 for 72 months through B of A. I have 775+ credit, so I think the rate is high and I would never ordinarily do 72 months or no down payment, so I’ll pay it down to $25k and refi after 6 months. Drove off the lot and headed back to Denver at 11:36 but only after making sure he put me on his Gladiator list which is apparently 60 deep already

AM I READING THIS RIGHT??? 12.8% off msrp? Please excuse my ignorance if I’m off.

x069390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, 2019 Compass Altitude
I appear to be one of the very lucky buyers... Ordered my Granite Unlimited Sport S on 11/29 and drove it home on 12/28!!! Black hard top, Six-speed manual, Alpine sound, Granite wheels, Tech group and All-weather mats.

Purchased through Mike Knight at Suresky in Goshen, NY at 5% below invoice. No hassle, no games, no pressure for any dealer add-ons. I would highly recommend to anyone in the tri-state area to give Mike a shout. I'm a Jersey guy and it was the best price in my area so it was a no-brainer.

[email protected]

5747kwk1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (TBT)

Help me clarify the charges and fees. I assume you live in Denver, CO since you said that you are returning there from Boise, ID. The total purchase price is $47,429 + $315.20 Doc Fees + T,T&L = $48,750. This is the amount you 100% financed with no down payment. The numbers don't make sense since Denver’s total sales tax is 7.65% on purchase price. Can you clarify? Also the build order says 170 Arizona zone. Why?
Sponsored