Recommended Dealers List

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I fully intend to go through with the deal but I don't have any experience with the dealer to know if they'll try to pull some crap late in the game, or pending some catastrophe (death, job loss) I think contract cancellation is a legit concern under extreme circumstances. This dealer is about a 4 hour drive from me.
What would you guys do?
My post was intended do address these concerns of yours. No crap, but you should expect to lose your deposit if you cancel. It was a 4 hour drive for me too. I'm not saying you should buy from there, I am just trying to provide relevant information. One thing they did for me was let me put the purchase on my FCA credit card for the 10% rewards as long as I covered their 2.5% fees. Don't know if they will still do that if they are having issues with credit card deposits.
Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
They are a small dealer in a small market and may not be able to sell a canceled order quickly. My original plan was to order a Rubicon 2dr manual. He said I would have to make a $2500 non-refundable deposit, because he cannot sell manual transmissions in his area, JL or Shelby Mustang (Ford Dealer also). Plus, being a 2 dr would make it even harder.
I called Spencer at Motor Inn Spirit Lake regarding not allowing non-refundable deposits on credit cards. He said they ordered a 2 dr manual for someone who canceled after 2 weeks, not realizing it takes more than 2 weeks to get one built. The credit card company sided with the customer and refunded the deposit. Now he will be stuck with a Jeep he can't easily sell. He will still work with anyone that wants to buy one off of the lot using the FCA credit card for any amount of the purchase (10% rewards for dealer purchases), as long as they cover his 2.5% fees.

He also said yellow is available if anyone is interested.

Pawpaw#1

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 CRV & Accord
Picked up my Unlimited Sahara last Wednesday from Tri-City in Eden, NC. Great experience. No surprises. I got to the dealership at 1:00 and drove away in a new Jeep at 2:00. I ordered on May 17 so it took 34 days to come in. Travis Reynolds at Tri-City is offering 5% off invoice and 1% more with Tread Lightly. I only have been able to drive 114 miles but am pleased with the way it handles and the quality.

dmoney

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18JLUR
First, as this is my first post here, thanks to the admins who make this site possible. It was invaluable during my purchasing adventure.

I just wanted to give MAD PROPS to Antonio and Mariana @ Jim Marsh in Vegas. After negotiating with 10+ dealers in CA, OR, NV and AZ, Antonio was able to get me nearly 6% under invoice on my JL Rubicon. I ordered her loaded - color matched top, fenders, just about every package except the proximity access. MSRP of $54,595 and my out the door cost ended up at $49k. Granted, I'm going to have to pay CA tax when I bring it in, but compared to the deals (or lack of deals) I was receiving in CA, saving $5600 off sticker after fees was a very fair deal. In the end, I paid about $100 over employee pricing, which I'm very happy about. Jim Marsh is on this recommended dealers list, and so far, I have been very happy with the experience.

Last edited:

crazychile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK, 2018 Wrangler JLU
I called Spencer at Motor Inn Spirit Lake regarding not allowing non-refundable deposits on credit cards. He said they ordered a 2 dr manual for someone who canceled after 2 weeks, not realizing it takes more than 2 weeks to get one built. The credit card company sided with the customer and refunded the deposit. Now he will be stuck with a Jeep he can't easily sell. He will still work with anyone that wants to buy one off of the lot using the FCA credit card for any amount of the purchase (10% rewards for dealer purchases), as long as they cover his 2.5% fees.

He also said yellow is available if anyone is interested.
That's pretty much the story he gave me sans the credit card details. I still need to confirm, but now a local dealer is claiming they can do 5% below invoice. So it's unlikely I'll make the 8 hour round trip to Motor Inn.

Sponsored

Danimalnutz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Mojito Rubicon 4dr Soft Top
I wanted to give a shout out to Courtesy Jeep in Coatesville, PA. I ordered my jeep 6% below invoice and no doc fees. I also just bought a Jeep Compass fo my mom there too and the process is quick and painless. I highly recommend ordering a jeep from Kate Morris. IMG_4926.jpg

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
I tell ya, if you had asked me 3 months ago I would have thrown out a recommendation for Jason over at Tyson Motors. He was always quick to respond to e-mails.

These days, the longer this fiasco drags out, e-mail responses either take forever or go into the ether and mind you I haven’t been “that guy” bombing him with e-mails every other day. At most it’s been every few weeks with exception of lately which has been once a week. I did that crypto VIN thingy and e-mailed him when I was notified of my build sheet, and after a follow up e-mail several days later he responded that it been sent to the body vendor. Then last week I sent last week him an e-mail after I received a notification the window sticker had been generated and waited. At this point I figured I’d continue to let him hang himself since I’m beyond the point of caring. Then two days ago I learned from the Jeep website that my Jeep was in transit to the dealer so I decided to send him a follow up e-mail to get an idea of when the Jeep was expected at the dealer. A day later I’m still waiting for a response.

The moral of the story, just because you’re getting a great deal does not mean you’re going to have a great experience. I should have just sucked it up and ordered from my primary dealer Bettenhausen Automotive, I may have only received 1% below invoice (versus the 6% I got from Tyson), but at least they know how to treat a customer.
Update: After having my e-mails be ignored for about two weeks or so, Jason finally responded with a response that more or less felt like he was trying to say stop bothering me and call Jeep customer service for an update. After getting no where with him and no where with the useless [email protected] e-mail I had pretty much resigned myself to looking for a different vehicle that wasn't a Wrangler. I had just about nailed down a few prospective vehicles when I got the e-mail today from Jason saying the Jeep just delivered today. I find it interesting that now that my Jeep is on the lot he's the chattiest mofo, and so damned responsive to the e-mails I'm firing off.

All that said, if all you're looking at price, check Jason out. If you're someone who actually has an expectation of minimum level service, I'd check out Bettenhausen Automotive.

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Another vote for Travis at Tri-City. Worked with him over the last couple of weeks on various builds, and he was patient and no pressure. Has been quick to respond to emails, and I ended up ordering yesterday. No complaints so far! As others have stated, they honor the 5% below invoice +1% for Tread Lightly.

DaveK

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hellayella 2-door Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland
That's pretty much the story he gave me sans the credit card details. I still need to confirm, but now a local dealer is claiming they can do 5% below invoice. So it's unlikely I'll make the 8 hour round trip to Motor Inn.
I ordered from Spencer this week. For the downpayment he will take PayPal, so that worked for me.

crazychile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK, 2018 Wrangler JLU
I ordered from Spencer this week. For the downpayment he will take PayPal, so that worked for me.
My local guy matched the 5% below invoice with no additional $75 fee to use TL, and they'll order w/ $500 down on a credit card. So there's no reason for me to use Spencer. He seems like a good guy and I would still recommend him to someone who can't get a deal closer to home.

It's funny that they'll take Paypal, which is still technically refundable in many cases.

Sponsored

BlairF

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS-S Mojito! - 2014 Challenger RT Classic (SuperCharged) - 2016 Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Technology Incident Management
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone, I do not have a Jeep yet, God willing, i will have one soon, I am in touch with virtually every DCJ dealer in the greater Houston area, and also Koons, Dennis Dillon, etc. I will report back with my experiences, wish me luck! (BTW, Looking at either a nicely optioned Sport S or a Sahara, going to lease to start)

NOMAD-0311

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack Challenger
Hello everyone, I do not have a Jeep yet, God willing, i will have one soon, I am in touch with virtually every DCJ dealer in the greater Houston area, and also Koons, Dennis Dillon, etc. I will report back with my experiences, wish me luck! (BTW, Looking at either a nicely optioned Sport S or a Sahara, going to lease to start)
Let me know what DeMontrond in Conroe does. I tried messaging Neil but never heard back from him. I’m ordering next year just not sure where from yet

Travis

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi
Bought from DeMontrond yesterday, worked with Neal, 281-541-0908, [email protected]. He had quote to me with my build in 24 hours. I ordered yesterday at 3p and he had me the VIN this morning. 5.5% under invoice without Tread Lightly. 105 doc fee. Will let you know how pickup goes in 8 to 12 weeks, hopefully.

Neal has been great to work with so far. I live in Dallas and Conroe is just 3 hours south. Tried Don Davis in Arlington and they would only go 1% under with Tread Lightly.

ordered: Hella Yella, JLR, 6cyl, auto, hardtop HD3, WLD, MM3, ADE, AEK, AD6, AST, ADH.

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
Andres Jimenez at Earnhardt Jeep in Gilbert is matching a 5% below invoice on your order OR EVEN IF YOU PICK UP ONE OFF THE LOT!!

I just got my Sting Gray from him. Give him a call at 602-510-3764 or [email protected]

ZombieNipples

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Bought from DeMontrond yesterday, worked with Neal, 281-541-0908, [email protected]. He had quote to me with my build in 24 hours. I ordered yesterday at 3p and he had me the VIN this morning. 5.5% under invoice without Tread Lightly. 105 doc fee. Will let you know how pickup goes in 8 to 12 weeks, hopefully.

Neal has been great to work with so far. I live in Dallas and Conroe is just 3 hours south. Tried Don Davis in Arlington and they would only go 1% under with Tread Lightly.

ordered: Hella Yella, JLR, 6cyl, auto, hardtop HD3, WLD, MM3, ADE, AEK, AD6, AST, ADH.
Man I was trying to hold out for Hella Yella but I couldn’t wait any longer. Neil is fairly prompt in his replies and is all business. I’ll let everyone know how everything shakes out once my order arrives but so far, so good.
Sponsored