Recommended Dealers List

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
I read NC Div. Of Motor Vehicles law and it says if I buy a car out of state but want to register it in NC. I pay NC Vehicle tax of 3% not State where I buy it. I take NC title and registration forms to out of state dealor. Dealor transfers tax $ back to NC along with title, tags and registration forms. Does anyone have experience buying out of State? Was it smooth?
Hi bpd,

That’s correct- you pay the state sales tax rate in which you live.
Sponsored

Aomathur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Any suggestions on dealers around San Francisco? Looking to buy JL Rubicon. Also, the rubicon I saw seemed to be lifted with bigger tires. Is that standard with JL Rubicon?

martyb511

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara, 15 Lexus CT200h, 15 Toyota Highlander Ltd
For those of you who purchased your Jeep from an out of state dealer hours from home... Did you follow any break-in techniques on the drive home?

Sponsored

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
Bigpackdaddy75:" I take NC title and registration forms to out of state dealer"...so you stopped in at your NC DMV office and they gave you the documents to take with?
I visited my MN DMV office and they said that the out-of-state dealer provides all necessary forms.
I plan on probably buying from Dillons/Caldwell.
Question for any Dillons' out-of-state' buyers...did you have to provide any of your state documents yourself when you picked up your new Jeep?

Bigpackdaddy75

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Bigpackdaddy75:" I take NC title and registration forms to out of state dealer"...so you stopped in at your NC DMV office and they gave you the documents to take with?
I visited my MN DMV office and they said that the out-of-state dealer provides all necessary forms.
I plan on probably buying from Dillons/Caldwell.
Question for any Dillons' out-of-state' buyers...did you have to provide any of your state documents yourself when you picked up your new Jeep?
NC DMV forms are on line to print out.

springglen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL (soon)
Had excellent experience with Executive Jeep in North Haven, CT.
David Jones- Sales Manager.
Great deal, easy to work with, and has been great communicating updates on order.

Blankman934

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge charger
Can anyone that ordered from Kim in Arkansas say how long it took their Wrangler to reach the dealership once it got loaded on the train?

Sponsored

KBCowboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7
I wanted to share my experience with ordering a 2018 Wrangler JL. I contacted two out-of-state dealers trying to get the 5% + 1% TL discount from dealer cost. Both Koon and Dave Dennis in Ohio responded quickly. Dave Dennis responded very quickly, gave the best price out-the-door price of anyone, and really was easy to deal with. I was just about to order from him.............but decided that even though it would cost us a bit more money, we wanted to order the Jeep from a local dealer. That way we wouldn't have to travel to get it and the $$ would benefit SC, not a state we have no affiliation with. I contacted a half dozen dealers in upstate SC and gave them all the exact same information. In ALL cases, the discounts were significantly less than Dave Dennis, or even Koons with their $700 paperwork (profit) fee. Very long story short, I've been going back and forth for 10 days with "the best of the bunch", a dealer that started with the best price of the local dealers! The salesman was "busy" and didn't get my order completed till late yesterday, and then failed to send me the pertinent information Grrrrrr. The dealer struggled and hedged with getting me discounts that didn't cost them (tread lightly program), and would benefit me. As the salesman was processing the order, Chrysler raised the price $750!! (Dang Chrysler, shame on y'all!!). This morning the dealer tried to pass the entire amount on to me, without even honoring the discount rates that had been applied to the order! On top of that, they said they would NOT lock in the price - if there were further increases before I received the vehicle, they would pass them on to me! SAY WHAT?!?! Not on my watch! I wrote a rather terse email this afternoon and cancelled the order.

This afternoon, I went to another local dealer that had not initially responded well. I had initially contacted the owner of the dealership but he was on vacation. Yesterday he called me and said he'd work with me. Today his sales manager called and within an hour had a price BETTER than the previous dealer, and a guarantee that the price would hold till delivery. Hats off to Benson Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep in Greer, SC. Their "out-the-door" price is very aggressive and came reasonably close to out-of-state prices, particularly when you factor in the travel costs, etc., and their follow-up and service so far has been quite good! I've now placed my order for a Firecracker Red Wrangler with all the options but ash trays and storage rails. The bottom line lesson is, watch VERY carefully and make sure you understand the contract you have. Discounts are available, but you have to work for them.

Aomathur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon
For anyone in NorCal, Stead Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Walnut Creek is awesome! Worked with them on my first Jeep three years ago and now again on my JL order.

Matt and Reno are sales managers there and they have been excellent to work with!
Thanks, I live in south bay and will check them out, let's see how it goes.

Bigpackdaddy75

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
No destination fee here?
Looks like 5.5% below invoice! NC sales tax is only 3% Did they charge higher tax because it was a Florida purchase? Also, I didn't see any $695 doc fees? That is a very good deal. I may be going to that dealor or using your offer as leverage with a local Raleigh deal or