Sponsored

Recommended Dealers List

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
huh? Your post above is deleted saying they were 6% over MSRP and discounted it to MSRP. Now you’re posting the below doesn’t show a discount?

this is below invoice, let alone MSRP. I’m not sure what you’re looking at but it sure looks like they put the discounted price they are selling it to you at on the photo below.

maybe start with - what was the price you agreed to and what was the affiliate price you were looking for, to help understand what the actual issue is you think you have.

I didn’t buy from them, but did get a quote and they were pretty transparent.

I would say this. If they would have put the discounted price on the order photo they sent me as a CONTRACT TO BUY, then things may have been different. But the price they listed did not reflect any discount whatsoever. Even though the print at the bottom indicated to us that it had already been subtracted...

When I asked to clarify, I got an email that said the same as below on their contract.

I figured that from what he told me, there was ALREADY the Finance and Affiliate Incentive taken off. Which meant to us, that they were marking up the sales price to come down to MSRP price. So, that is why we decided to take a walk.

Also, we had three offers for three different models. All the same.

20220504_114520 copy.jpeg
Sponsored

Reactions: J0E

TwinFallsTL

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep
You guys are missing the point. The other dealer was straight msrp and the price was within a $100.

jjmarkus

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR to replace 2018 JLUR, 2020 GMC Sierra, 2019 Subaru Crosstrek, 2007 Shelby GT500
Are you saying that the other dealer was selling at "straight" MSRP and that his price was within $100 for the same optioned order as the Peterson's quote?
If so, then it would seem that dealer is showing a reduced MSRP to give a quote that shows no discount below MSRP. ?? I beginning to think I'm in the twilight zone.

Just out of curiosity I built that Jeep on Jeep.com and sure enough the MSRP came to $68,145 just like Peterson's quote sheet shows. I don't know how the MSRP could be any different somewhere else.

I'm nowhere near Idaho, but if I was, Peterson's would certainly be in the running to get my business. Looks to be a couple of pretty straight forward quotes from them.

Last edited:

mike_g

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 CJ7
You guys are missing the point. The other dealer was straight msrp and the price was within a $100.
I input your build into the April pricing spreadsheet. It matches up with Kent’s quote. You were quoted nearly 6% off invoice/11% under msrp. It’s fine if you went with someone else, but you’re just wrong about Kent marking up before marking down.
Jeep Wrangler JL Recommended Dealers List 1653938276113

My experience with Kent has been great. My willys is currently in shipping and I hope to pick it up in mid June. Kent has provided regular updates without me even asking. He is quick to respond to emails, was very transparent about the pricing and the financing they are requiring to get that price, and reminded me several times to sign up for tread lightly. A+ 11/11 rating from me.

TwinFallsTL

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep
Well, then I guess we can agree to disagree. I watched as the data sheet was handed to me from dealer number two.

I will say this. If dealer two simply matched prices down to about a hundred dollars, then Maybe that’s what he did unbeknownst to me. If that was the case, I apologize.

I wish you guys were there. I’m not well versed in buying new Jeeps. Last new anything I bought was 22 years ago, in my late 30’s.

Sponsored

LadySapphy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL SportS
I would be cautious of Crown Jeep in Dublin Ohio. Was just there yesterday to see a 4xe they showed as available on the website. Guy spent 30-45 min "selling" the jeep to us, only to tell us at the end that he can't sell us it, as it was already sold and that the only way yo get a jeep anymore is to order and wait 6-9 months, and if we don't order now, Jeep will close orders soon till 2023.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Well, then I guess we can agree to disagree. I watched as the data sheet was handed to me from dealer number two.

I will say this. If dealer two simply matched prices down to about a hundred dollars, then Maybe that’s what he did unbeknownst to me. If that was the case, I apologize.

I wish you guys were there. I’m not well versed in buying new Jeeps. Last new anything I bought was 22 years ago, in my late 30’s.
I don't think anyone reading this is going to agree with you on this one ;).

Why don't you show us a photo of the second dealer's "data sheet" so we can take a look at it for you. Being serious as I think most reading this would be worried the second dealer is taking you for a ride, so might be able to decipher this for you.

TwinFallsTL

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep
Tell you what. I will speak to my new dealer. Then I will let you know. There are prices on his sheet too. THOSE PRICES ARE NEARLY IDENTICAL. THAT is why I thought that Petersons was marking up then down. Essentially, make as if the second dealer was benevolent. They may not be, but at least I got a good deal either way. AND, I wasn't being told I had to finance with them.....vs USAA or Navy Federal CU. So, I guess if I could remove the post, I would. Sorry for misleading everyone.

Thank you all for your help. It may be that they simply matched it all since essentially the prices are identical. I can see that now. I'm not sure how I can remove a post due to my older-age and ignorance makes me look like a moron.

cremedios

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4XE
I live in San Diego, CA and searched nation-wide for a brand new JLUR 4XE. Robert from Tuttle-Click in Irvine was the best overall for me, straightforward, quick turnaround, close to home, good price.

Ordered on 12/22/2021 and received it 5 months later.

Pickup process was great, took around 2 hours but we did talk a lot with different folks at Tuttle.

Reach out to Robert Trachtman ([email protected])

IMG_0012.jpeg

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
I will speak to my new dealer. AND, I wasn't being told I had to finance with them.
Who's the dealer you went with? I want to get a quote from them. I don't want to finance either and and that's a big discount I'd lose.

Sponsored

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler Willys
I live in San Diego, CA and searched nation-wide for a brand new JLUR 4XE. Robert from Tuttle-Click in Irvine was the best overall for me, straightforward, quick turnaround, close to home, good price.

Ordered on 12/22/2021 and received it 5 months later.

Pickup process was great, took around 2 hours but we did talk a lot with different folks at Tuttle.

Reach out to Robert Trachtman ([email protected])

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommended Dealers List IMG_0012
Carlos, thank you. I just emailed Rob.
Rick

MinerSteve

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram Rebel
I've got to give a HUGE thumbs up to Steve @ Jim Butler Jeep in Linn, MO. Picked up my 4xe Rubicon this past Saturday and the process was super easy, clean and exactly as expected! Price was what we agreed to back in October, no funny business or anything and Steve called me the day the vehicle arrived on his lot! I will go a step further and tell you that like any new vehicle there was a thing or two to wipe, etc.....but, with mine there was some kind of window adhesive that ran into the inside of the front windshield.....seemed resistant to solvents....but not a straight razor!! Funny thing that speaks volumes to the way this dealership cares.....the GM came out and took over the scraping of the adhesive to make sure it was done perfectly!!
Meet "Shark - e"!!

IMG_4204.jpg

IMG_4203.jpg
Thanks for the shoutout Paul, and thanks for the referrals. I hope you are enjoying Shark - E

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL
Definitely can recommend Central Jeep of Raynham in MA. I was really apprehensive of going out of state to buy since Massachusetts makes it an absolute pain. I started my order with Adam Silver who is the general manager and then once we hammered out a price for at 5% below invoice for a Rubicon XR. I finished my order with Shane Dumont and later worked with Jon to arrange pickup as Shane was out. Got the VON on the day of ordering and VIN the next day. It took exactly 6 weeks for my Jeep to arrive so I feel very lucky. They also honored the AP discount even though it expired before I picked the car up.

Pickup was a breeze. Finalized the price over the phone (which was the same as arranged earlier), ordered a cashiers check and went down to pick up the car. There was no upselling which was very refreshing. Tires were overinflated at 44 psi so fixed that and there were some loose fuses. The dealership is very use to forums people checking fuses. Overall, excellent purchase experience and would buy from them again in a heartbeat.
This is great, thank you. What's the best way to contact Adam Silver at Central 44?