Recommended Dealers List

JEEPT

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
Has anyone used Gupton for anything besides wranglers? Vroom is offering me 7k more than I paid for my 2021 JLUR Manual so was thinking of just ordering another one (I used Koons for this one and got 7.5% under invoice in March). Was thinking of maybe a Ram 2500 this time though
I ordered a 2021 Grand Cherokee and a 2021 Wrangler Anniversary Edition this year from Gupton.. You won't get the same below invoice pricing like there is on a wrangler and gladiator. With the Grand Cherokee it was invoice less holdback and rebates. Holdback is 3% of MSRP. I could have got that deal closer to home, but Gupton stepped way up on the trade in and made the drive worthwhile. Plus I enjoyed the whole process of dealing with them vs the brain damage some of these other dealers dish out.
Dodge also has a 3% holdback. So what your dealing with is
invoice-holdback= cost, less any rebate. There might be some dealer cash which is an incentive the dealer gets to help push out slower moving inventory. With dealers not having any inventory I doubt there is any dealer cash at this time. Edmunds use to disclose any available dealer cash on their website, but they don't anymore.

Being an ex General Manager, I have run a number of car dealerships. I even ran a Jeep/Eagle dealership back in the day. With that being said I asked Daniel how can you sell a wrangler at
7% below invoice, including tread lightly, when you pay invoice for the vehicle less the 3% holdback
(which is rebated to the dealer on a quarterly basis). He wouldn't give me a straight answer. He said they lose money on every sale. Well, we known thats not true. I'm guessing There must be some volume incentive that must be met, based on dealer demographics and predetermined delivery rate. And it might be a program that every dealer has not signed on to. If anybody knows how they do it, please chime in, it would be great to know.

Also, I got the best buy figure from webuyanycars.com. Same website type appraisal as Vroom. Most dealers will step up on a used wrangler, so I would get a trade in amount from the dealer. Use your Vroom appraisal for leverage and don't tell them you have a trade until you have
established the purchase price on the vehicle you are buying. If the dealer will match the Vroom
price, for the trade, you have now saved yourself a ton of sales tax. Sales tax would be figured on the difference vs paying tax on the total sales price with no trade in.

So to my knowledge you there is no 5, 6, 7% below invoice pricing on a Dodge truck like there
is on Wrangler and Gladiator. If anyone knows something different, please give us some insight.
Sponsored

Obispo325

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Tahoe and hopefully a Bright White JLUR
I'm in south Florida and can't find any deals here. I ordered my 2019 JLR from an out of state dealer and am about to order a 2022 JLURD. Mike at Auto Mall of GA looks to be the best bet right now. There is also Mike at Lakeland Dodge and they are in FL, but FL has silly high fees so you pay more.

I guess it comes down to how much you want to pay/save for the convenience of buying closer to home.
How much are the fees at Mall of GA?

aseeber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Definitely can recommend Central Jeep of Raynham in MA. I was really apprehensive of going out of state to buy since Massachusetts makes it an absolute pain. I started my order with Adam Silver who is the general manager and then once we hammered out a price for at 5% below invoice for a Rubicon XR. I finished my order with Shane Dumont and later worked with Jon to arrange pickup as Shane was out. Got the VON on the day of ordering and VIN the next day. It took exactly 6 weeks for my Jeep to arrive so I feel very lucky. They also honored the AP discount even though it expired before I picked the car up.

Pickup was a breeze. Finalized the price over the phone (which was the same as arranged earlier), ordered a cashiers check and went down to pick up the car. There was no upselling which was very refreshing. Tires were overinflated at 44 psi so fixed that and there were some loose fuses. The dealership is very use to forums people checking fuses. Overall, excellent purchase experience and would buy from them again in a heartbeat.

Jeep.jpg

Obispo325

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Definitely can recommend Central Jeep of Raynham in MA. I was really apprehensive of going out of state to buy since Massachusetts makes it an absolute pain. I started my order with Adam Silver who is the general manager and then once we hammered out a price for at 5% below invoice for a Rubicon XR. I finished my order with Shane Dumont and later worked with Jon to arrange pickup as Shane was out. Got the VON on the day of ordering and VIN the next day. It took exactly 6 weeks for my Jeep to arrive so I feel very lucky. They also honored the AP discount even though it expired before I picked the car up.

Pickup was a breeze. Finalized the price over the phone (which was the same as arranged earlier), ordered a cashiers check and went down to pick up the car. There was no upselling which was very refreshing. Tires were overinflated at 44 psi so fixed that and there were some loose fuses. The dealership is very use to forums people checking fuses. Overall, excellent purchase experience and would buy from them again in a heartbeat

Jeep.jpg
Nice!

Last edited:

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Totally agree.
Agree too. Mine was 394 PA Doc fee cheapest I have seen for buying a car, the no dealer fee ones I feel like are gimmicky

Sponsored

CJ SCION

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUD Hardtop, 2016 JK 2-door Ragtop
Occupation
Tired Again
Have received the Sahara ordered from Jim Butler of Linn, MO at a competitive discount price.

See this review.

brycal01

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Are these dealers that will order at below invoice pricing generally selling in stock units at the same discount? Mine keeps getting delayed and I have seen in-stock 2021s that would be very similar to my build that I would consider buying.

Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Are these dealers that will order at below invoice pricing generally selling in stock units at the same discount? Mine keeps getting delayed and I have seen in-stock 2021s that would be very similar to my build that I would consider buying.
Probably not, since those people are on the forums looking at the best deals. It wouldn’t hurt to ask your dealership if you are willing to not get everything you spec’d on your Jeep you built.

Obispo325

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a 2022 JLUR from Mike at Mall of GA. 4% under invoice without financing, very upfront about the $599 doc fee, and no deposit required. Stoked!

ChiefJL

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2017 JKUR Recon
Ordered a 22 392 from Granger in IA last week as the local dealer here in MN that I purchased my 17 JLUR and 21 JLUR wouldn’t move off of MSRP. Received VON same day and VIN shortly after. Process was smooth and pricing was better than I could get anyone to commit to within a reasonable drive.

valen22us

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019
Just picked up my Jeep Willys Sport JLU from Chapman tonight!
Excellent experience all around. 👍
Post some pictures 😍
Sponsored