Sponsored

Recommended Dealers List

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have a Recommended dealer for BC in Canada? Every dealer I go to seems to want add on an additional $10k-$15k premium on all the new stock that comes in.
Peterson's in Idaho. Kent Shurtleff is the guy.

Doc fee is $419.

We've done the drive from Tacoma is about 7-9 hours. And y'all are a couple hours north of that. You can fly in, they pick you up, then enjoy the new Jeep on the way home.
Sponsored

vasdimpop

First Name
Vasil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 JLUR (being built)
What's he charging these days under invoice? Happen to have his email?

Peterson's in Idaho. Kent Shurtleff is the guy.

Doc fee is $419.

We've done the drive from Tacoma is about 7-9 hours. And y'all are a couple hours north of that. You can fly in, they pick you up, then enjoy the new Jeep on the way home.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What's he charging these days under invoice? Happen to have his email?
With all the discounts it WAS like 12% under.

[email protected] (no really, that's the email he uses for official Peterson's business). @Kentsjeepsquad

And even though we have each other's cells, he responds better through email. His assistant/coworker can respond that way as well.

As for a quote right now, he'd be the best one to talk to as we made it under the FY21 discounts.

Last edited:

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You are correct. It's why I put the was in all caps.

I just did the math, all FY21 discounts puts us at 10.3164% off.

Kent does about the best job he can. I didn't even get an email back from Dave Smith about our Tuscadero.

I posted here about when we bought our first new vehicle ever. And it's an honest review. On that I believe we were at around $54K and walked out with no down for like $48K.

EDIT: $56K went to $51K.

Last edited:

kayurii

First Name
Kailyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Has anyone financed through Gupton or Auto Mall GA? Are there penalties for buying out early?

We’d have a 2012 JKU trade in (still in pretty good condition) and we were planning on paying 10-30k in cash extra down as well which I’m guessing would effect being able to get the extra 1% with the financing, correct?

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Yep, the left hand gives and the right hand takes away. I understand though that document fees of $900/$1,000 are typical for Florida. The document fees here in Georgia seem to range from $0 to $600.
Yeah, the doc fees are regulated by each State. Some States do not have a cap on the doc fee. FL is probably among the worse. Here in IL the doc is capped at $303.60 this year.

kayurii

First Name
Kailyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I know that Florida has higher doc fees than literally every other state.... but anyone buy from Lakeland recently and can tell me any additional fees that you had to pay?
I know I'll have taxes, doc fee, and license plate/registration transfer. Am I missing any other fees?

I am comparing dealerships and if it's only really a 400$ difference I probably won't drive the extra 6-7 hours 🤪

kayurii

First Name
Kailyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
The difference between FL and GA doc fee is only ~400$. And if I can get an extra % then it would make Florida even out considerably and I would just purchase here. I feel like I've seen some dealers just add extra random fees though so I wanted to make sure this one doesn't do that.

Roadglide

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I know that Florida has higher doc fees than literally every other state.... but anyone buy from Lakeland recently and can tell me any additional fees that you had to pay?
I know I'll have taxes, doc fee, and license plate/registration transfer. Am I missing any other fees?

I am comparing dealerships and if it's only really a 400$ difference I probably won't drive the extra 6-7 hours 🤪
I bought my Rubicon from Lakeland and was very happy. No other fees besides the doc fee. I live 3 hours South of Lakeland and they even delivered my Jeep to my door step. Not sure if they still do that. You will be very happy with Lakeland.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
The lowest fee I know of in Orlando for Jeep is 599$

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Which dealer to buy from? Some dealers are close in pricing. The best are 4%-7% under invoice depending on stipulations and doc fees. I suspect it will boil down to reputation, customer service, transparency. And of course location. Deciding where to go is as important as who to buy from. Why not make a adventure and fun trip out of it? Which dealers with great pricing are located in fun areas?

Though prices will fluctuate, these dealers are transparent, have offered great prices, and great customer service. Please add on if you have experienced a great deal recently from a dealer you like.

Criswell in MD
Gupton in TN
Jim Butler in MO
Ed Martin in IN
Granger Motors in IA
Chapman in PA
Sponsored

Last edited: